2009 Weight Loss Afghan

Tia

I think I am going to do the hexagon afghan and do 1 hexagon for each pound lost. I will do the 11 hexagons (that represent the weight I've lost in the last 6 weeks) as soon as I get my yarn.

I would like to do it in a soft cotton like the one pictured HERE but it is expensive at over $6.00 a ball!!! Anyone know where I can get a nice cotton with color choices like Rowan for a bit cheaper?

Tia, I'm not sure where you want to link the afghan that I'm doing. If it would be o.kay with the blog owner I guess we might be able to link it to the above post.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't know if they have all the colors you'd want, but here is a site with Creme de la Creme for $1.75/ball.

http://www.angelicrafts.com/home.php?cat=255

That is not going to be as soft as Rowan. I looked up Rowan cotton yarn and see it's soft because it includes microfiber in it.

Edited by Tia

I bought a box of Truvia sweetener packets. I don't believe it when they say one packet is as sweet as two teaspoons of sugar....it's not quite that sweet. I've had to pour smaller mugs of coffee so that one packet is enough (too expensive to use two packets every morning).

Anyway, it tastes great, not bitter. Doesn't have that artificial taste at all. Very happy with it so far.

Now having said that....you need to realize that there is more Erythritol in it than Stevia. Erythritol is a natural sugar alcohol, but supposedly, unlike maltitol and zylitol, it's not supposed to cause bloating and diarrhea unless consumed in excessive quantities....We'll see.

I really like the Truvia. I will use it before Splenda or any other sweetner.

I also like to use liquid Stevia in my tea. Don't sweeten my coffee though. Maybe over time you will get used to having the slightellly less sweet then sugar.

I added the link mamabear. That is a really pretty hexagon motif. I could see doing Rnd 1 one color, Rnds 2,3 another, then Rnds 4, 5 another (or same as Rnd 1). Lots of possibilities.

Are you going to color coordinate, or use scraps?

Mine is scraps.

Morning...heres my progress so far...I have 2 3/4 squares so far...Lost 2 lbs..but not sure they are still missing...I made candy for the holidays..and just HAVE to sample!! :lol anyways......

src="http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo155/Knitwit47/008.jpg" border="0" alt="weight loss afghan"></a>

Mary

Morning...heres my progress so far...I have 2 3/4 squares so far...Lost 2 lbs..but not sure they are still missing...I made candy for the holidays..and just HAVE to sample!! :lol anyways......

src="http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo155/Knitwit47/008.jpg" border="0" alt="weight loss afghan"></a>

Mary

That is just beautiful! What kind of yarn are you using? It looks so soft and I just love those colors!

Very pretty! And congrats on the weight loss. :cheer

Mary

I'm not up on costs of wool yarn, but here is my favorite discount yarn site that has some washable wool yarn on clearance.

http://www.angelicrafts.com/home.php?cat=291

They give free shipping on orders of $35 or more.

I'm at a loss for what kind of yarn to use. I really want it to be 100% wool, but I want it to be as inexpensive as possible. Any recommendations?

I weighed myself this morning to see where my weight was at on this Monday before Christmas. 212.5 which is better than last weeks 215.5 (I dropped a few being so sick). Then in to work I went and sure enough the tables in the teacher's room were covered with home baked goodies from various families. I avoided most all! I ate my breakfast (a banana) my lunch (Special K and skim milk) and drank my coffee (with the extra skim milk) then at around 2:00 I had one wonderful gingerbread man- no frosting. I don't feel guilty. Actually I am quite proud of myself! Tomorrow is a half day so it'll be easy enough to get through.

I was given two boxes of chocolate so far - one from Swiss Colony and one Godiva. I am going to re-gift them!

I am looking forward to getting this weight off.

I weighed myself this morning to see where my weight was at on this Monday before Christmas. 212.5 which is better than last weeks 215.5 (I dropped a few being so sick). Then in to work I went and sure enough the tables in the teacher's room were covered with home baked goodies from various families. I avoided most all! I ate my breakfast (a banana) my lunch (Special K and skim milk) and drank my coffee (with the extra skim milk) then at around 2:00 I had one wonderful gingerbread man- no frosting. I don't feel guilty. Actually I am quite proud of myself! Tomorrow is a half day so it'll be easy enough to get through.

I was given two boxes of chocolate so far - one from Swiss Colony and one Godiva. I am going to re-gift them!

I am looking forward to getting this weight off.

Great job! Keep up the good work! :cheer I missed my company Christmas party so I wasn't tempted to overeat. I haven't weighed myself yet but I thought I would wait until after the first of the year for this to start.

Thanks! I'm not going out with the staff after work tomorrow either. Reasons are because in my book when the boss man says "go home- see ya on 1/5" I go home! Also the cost and then yeah the overeating thing.

Just weighed myself on the wii fit and have gained 4lbs since I last used it 5 months ago:eek:blush

I sorted out all my yarn for my throw today and deceided to start on the extra squares, I havn't knitted for about a year and it has taken me all day just to do 1 square:(:(, my tension is way off the one I did before, but I can sort that out with blocking. Think I frogged it about a dozen times as wasn;t happy with it.