2009 Weight Loss Afghan

Tia

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:yay I would like to join in also, I can stand to lose a few pounds but my weight go up and down due to meds, but I am willing to try to lose a few. I am thinking about making this afghan for my motivation.

http://www.coatsandclark.com/Crafts/Crochet/Projects/AfghansThrows/WR1713+Blushing+Grannies.htm

I love the color effect on that afghan. That's a very pretty pattern choice. What colors do you plan to use? :)

Merry Christmas Eve! I just finished wrapping my last gift! :gift

Now I've got two more strings of lights to put up :hbulband LOTS more cooking to do before everybody arrives. I still haven't figured out what I'm going to wear. I haven't tried on my holiday clothes yet. It'll be interesting to see what fits me.

Oh...and I'm down another lb. this morning! :yay

Okay, turning the computer off for the day. Wishing everyone safe travels and a Merry Day! :rud

Merry Christmas Eve Tia! What a festive post!

Turning off the computer is a good idea. I need to snap out of it and get busy around here myself.

Safe travels to everyone and enjoy the celebrations !

:menorah:ctree

We'll get busy after the holiday(s).

I am itching to go out and buy my yarn though. Waiting until Tuesday is going to drive me nuts!

Edited by Scorpio59

Merry Christmas everyone! Just wanted to say that I was able to make 4 of my squares and I even managed to hook them together to see what it will look like. I am SO pleased! I plan on making enough squares to reflect my current loss (27 lbs.) and then will add to it as I lose more. I intend to post some pictures of my progress as I go.

I love the color effect on that afghan. That's a very pretty pattern choice. What colors do you plan to use? :)

I had my eyes on making that afghan for a few months and decided that this CAL will be a perfect time to make it. I am planning to use the colors that are in the picture. :hook

Edited by Cheeria

Is anyone else planning on being really lazy and eating like a pig until New Year's Eve? :blush I've got a serious detailed plan for myself after that, though!

I'm updating my choice of afghan. I think I'm just going to do granny squares in red, blue, yellow, white and maybe green. I'm torn between creating a Lego-ghan (yes green) and a Mondrian-ghan (no green). Maybe I'll do both, eventually. :)

I'm thinking about this granny square Plain Jane because it looks really simple. I'm off to do a test square!

Merry Christmas everyone! Just wanted to say that I was able to make 4 of my squares and I even managed to hook them together to see what it will look like. I am SO pleased! I plan on making enough squares to reflect my current loss (27 lbs.) and then will add to it as I lose more. I intend to post some pictures of my progress as I go.

Congratulations on the weight loss.

Is anyone else planning on being really lazy and eating like a pig until New Year's Eve? :blush I've got a serious detailed plan for myself after that, though!

I'm not even getting on a scale until January first!

Deb - Congratulations on your weight loss! :cheer

sharla - I'm trying to be really good this week...I don't want to undo what I lost last week. But it is oh...soooo...hard! I just changed your afghan choice to Granny Square...you can let me know when you chose the exact pattern and if there is a link to it.

sunflowermom1972 - Welcome! :hugI've added you to the list.

1.png

That would be me! I decided not to even think about dieting until after the holidays. Resistance is futile. LOL

Not to mention I have to buy batteries for my scale. I have an electronic scale I got from Wallyworld a while back... I pulled it out the other day to see what I weigh and no display. :think I'm hoping it's just the battery...

Welcome grannyzkraftz! :hugI added you to the list.

I don't want anybody to feel pressured to post their lbs. lost. Pics of their 'ghans is perfectly fine. If some think it's fun to post their weight loss (I do), then that's fine too. Whatever makes everyone comfortable. :)

:smiling Sorry, just thought that was the funniest little emoticon! :lol

Merry Christmas everybody! We had very nice Christmas Eve celebration last night and I probably ate a touch too much since I gained one lb. But I kind of expected that to happen. And it's not over, we leave in a few minutes to go to my sister's for the day. She has this Christmas breakfast feast she does every year....and I mean feast. :eek

I was working hard yesterday cleaning, cooking and making sure everyone had what they needed, but today we'll just be lounging around at my sister's and playing games with my folks. It'll be much harder to not eat too much. But I will try.

Safe travels to all! :plane

That would be me! I decided not to even think about dieting until after the holidays. Resistance is futile. LOL

Not to mention I have to buy batteries for my scale. I have an electronic scale I got from Wallyworld a while back... I pulled it out the other day to see what I weigh and no display. :think I'm hoping it's just the battery...

This is me too!! I am not thinking about dieting until Jan 2nd. I am going to be eating dinner at my mom's with all of my family for Christmas today and then again for New Years. I will try to watch what I eat so that I don't put on any more weight but I am not going to put a lot of effort into ignoring all that great food.

Renee

I did so well last night at my family's Christmas get-together. I has turkey, green bean casserole (that I made with 98% ff cream of mushroom) and small spoons of mac n cheese and cheesey potatoes, a multi-grain roll and a sliver of chocolate cream pie. I walked away feeling satisfied but not stuffed like normal! I didn't have any stuffing or any of the fudge and cookies that were so loudly calling to me. lol I'm so proud! lol :clap

The snow canceled my Christmas. There is so much snow on our residential street that neither my nor DH's cars have clearance. It took me two hours to dig one of the cars out yesterday, and then it started snowing last night and hasn't stopped yet. So at least I won't be eating a big breakfast at home, brunch with my family & an early dinner with the in-laws. lol I'm hoping there is a melt so that I can get to the store to get some yarn! I've got next to nothing left to work with (none is right for my blanket) nothing to read and a squirelly 3 year old. Wish me luck! :lol

Oh, good! I'm not the only one deciding to wait! I guess part of that is just out of fear of failing at the whole thing again, but at least this way I know exactly when and where it's coming. I'm actually thinking about joining an LA Fitness. Figure the exercise will not only help with weight lose and health but will be great for mental health also!

Good for you Molly! I've been on top of my water consumption, which always curbs my appetite.

kiwikitti- The gym is a great help! I lost 50 lbs 2 years ago by going to the gym (3-4 days a week) and portion control. I'm not good at denying myself something I want so I'm all about moderation. Now I've decided to train for a marathon as my exercise plan. :eek