2009 Weight Loss Afghan

Tia

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Morning...heres my progress so far...I have 2 3/4 squares so far...Lost 2 lbs..but not sure they are still missing...I made candy for the holidays..and just HAVE to sample!! :lol anyways......

src="http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo155/Knitwit47/008.jpg" border="0" alt="weight loss afghan"></a>

Mary

That is just beautiful!!! I love those colors.

~~Lynn

I decided to do the Tumbling Block Pattern. I have lost about 14 lbs in the past couple of weeks so will start off with 14 blocks. Once I have some progress done I will post a picture.

http://www.coatsandclark.com/NR/rdonlyres/199EF4A5-04D8-4CFA-A5A9-934B44DE7C5B/73732/9280550.pdf

That looks like a fun afghan. What colors have you decided to use? I'm going to print the pattern out for future use.

Congrats on the weight loss!!!:cheer

~~Lynn

Sassy...I've added your afghan choice and linked it to the pdf file.

angelsmith52....Yes, I am making up the Blood, Sweat & Tears pattern. I guess I can start posting the pattern on my blog. Keep watch on the first post to see if I've linked the pattern name to the blog. I will go add you to the list now, Welcome! :hug

Congrats to all who have lost weight lately :cheerand can't wait to see pics of your afghans in progress.

Okay angelsmith, I went ahead and added a link to the op to my blog with the pattern I've come up with so far, which is how to make the teardrops and how to join them into a row. I don't have a 2nd row yet to work up how to join rows together. And I probably won't until after the holidays.

Anyway, I am flattered that you'd like to give my pattern a try:manyheart. Let me know if you have any questions.:yarn

Here is the Blood, Sweat & Tears Afghan I'm working on:

th_Picture028.jpg

Click to enlarge.

As I said previously I'm going to include the few lbs. already lost the last couple months. So I've already started my 'ghan. Since starting this thread, I lost a few more lbs. I've made one row of teardrops and need to make 3 more row, plus 5 drops to catch up. (5 drops per lb. and 5 lbs. per row.)

It was easier than I thought to put them together, but I still need to figure out how to attach a 2nd row. I doubt I'll get any more done on this for another week because of Christmas. But I wanted to get a pic up for you all now before I get too busy, so you can see what I'm doing.

Wow Tia, your ghan is looking awesome! I can't wait to see it all finished :cheer

I am amazed that so many of you have already started. I feel so bad. I decided I wasn't even going to think about it until after the holidays because of all the parties and foods, etc... I'm going to have alot of catching up to do! :(

...I would like to do it in a soft cotton like the one pictured HERE but it is expensive at over $6.00 a ball!!! Anyone know where I can get a nice cotton with color choices like Rowan for a bit cheaper?...

I'm not familiar with Rowan... but I Love This Cotton from Hobby Lobby is incredibly soft. It's 100% cotton and not too bad at 2.99 a skein...

I like the Tumbling Block afghan...it looks really great and I can't wait to see the pictures that are posted when it gets going!

I was up at the crack of dawn this morning and need a break from the Green Bay Packer afghan so I did a square for my Grecian Squares afghan. I think I am going to do it in a couple shades of pink and a cream color that I received from my awesome swap partner in the Favorite Yarn Swap. The square came out beautiful so I think I am going to really like this first afghan that I am actually making for myself! :clap

I have 100 lbs to lose and need a lot of support and some great ideas on how to do it. I have two toddlers and I am doing it for them but since I am home with them I have access to food all the time. I don't know what afgan yet but I love the idea! Thanks so much!!!!!!!

Welcome likerussell!:hug I added you to the list.

I too am home and I found it's better to not have stuff in the house that I'm not supposed to eat. There are never any chips, crackers, sweets, ice cream etc. allowed. Dark chocolate has beneficial properties, can't remember what they're called at the moment. So I buy some of those, give them to DH to take to work and he brings me one bite-sized piece a day. Sweet hubby!

Any snacks that I buy for DH, he must take to work.

1.png

I thought some of you might be interested in Discovery Health's 2009 National Body Challenge....

They've got lots of tools to help you lose weight and get in shape in 2009. It's free!! There's even a 30 day free membership to Bally.

Here's some info.

How cool, I checked it out and it looks really helpful. I don't have a Bally's near me so I can't take advantage of that, but there's lots of good articals and advice. Thanks for posting the link!

Thanks almoreland! But I haven't touched it since that pic. It's crunch time getting ready for Christmas Eve, which is at my house this year.

I know what you mean Tia. Things are way too hectic right now for me to even think about crocheting!

Tia, thanks so much for letting me try this!!

almoreland, I just joined so you aren't behind! Just jump in when you start!!!

Thank Angel, I plan to jump in with both feet right after the holidays!

I have 100 lbs to lose and need a lot of support and some great ideas on how to do it. I have two toddlers and I am doing it for them but since I am home with them I have access to food all the time. I don't know what afgan yet but I love the idea! Thanks so much!!!!!!!

Ack! I know what it's like to have ready access to food. Even when I was working I always had food around. That's why I need to loose it now! We're here for you if you need a little boost or to vent. :hug

That looks like a fun afghan. What colors have you decided to use? I'm going to print the pattern out for future use.

Congrats on the weight loss!!!:cheer

~~Lynn

I am using a dusty rose, pink, and a greyish blue Red Heart Soft Touch yarn. The squares will be smaller then in the pattern but it works nice.

I like the Tumbling Block afghan...it looks really great and I can't wait to see the pictures that are posted when it gets going!

I was up at the crack of dawn this morning and need a break from the Green Bay Packer afghan so I did a square for my Grecian Squares afghan. I think I am going to do it in a couple shades of pink and a cream color that I received from my awesome swap partner in the Favorite Yarn Swap. The square came out beautiful so I think I am going to really like this first afghan that I am actually making for myself! :clap

Are you creating your Green Bay Packer afghan or did you have a pattern? I am looking at doing a Washington Redskin one.

I too am home and I found it's better to not have stuff in the house that I'm not supposed to eat. There are never any chips, crackers, sweets, ice cream etc. allowed. Dark chocolate has beneficial properties, can't remember what they're called at the moment. So I buy some of those, give them to DH to take to work and he brings me one bite-sized piece a day. Sweet hubby!

Any snacks that I buy for DH, he must take to work.

Tia, If I didn't buy any junk to have around the house I'd be in serious trouble! I live with a bunch of junk food junkies. LOL

Dark chocolate has heart healthy anti-oxidants... Not sure exactly what that means... but that's what it's called... LOL

I think it's so sweet that DH brings home a little treat for you every day. It is SO important that your spouse is supportive of your efforts. Hooray for him :yay

I am amazed that so many of you have already started. I feel so bad. I decided I wasn't even going to think about it until after the holidays because of all the parties and foods, etc... I'm going to have alot of catching up to do! :(

I'll be right there catching up with you! I haven't even decided on yarn yet.

I'll be right there catching up with you! I haven't even decided on yarn yet.

So we can keep each other company! :cheer

I've decided on my yarn. I already have 4 skeins of ILTY in white, I'm hoping that will be enough of the white. But I still need at least one each of all the rainbow colors... I'd really like to do them in 2 shades of each color but that might prove to be a little costly... Hopefully Hobby Lobby will put it on sale sometime real soon! :D

I am not going to be able to get to a store for yarn until Tuesday and I am convinced that I will have lost my first 5 pounds by then. I was down 3.5 this morning already (but there is Christmas to think of...) It's a good plan to get off the 5 by Tuesday so I can come home and start stitching!

I have to be patient!

:yay I would like to join in also, I can stand to lose a few pounds but my weight go up and down due to meds, but I am willing to try to lose a few. I am thinking about making this afghan for my motivation.

http://www.coatsandclark.com/Crafts/Crochet/Projects/AfghansThrows/WR1713+Blushing+Grannies.htm