Apology to All !!

hello all,

I have been signing alot of my posts with LOL thinking it meant Lots of Love. I found out today that it means Laugh out Loud. :eek

I am so sorry if I have offended anyone. I certainly did not want to Laugh out Loud I just wanted to send Lots of Love. :hug

I will modify now that I realized what a big dufas I have been.

So sorry to all who may have gotten a post that was inappropriately signed. :blush

:manyheart Toni

LOL, that's beautiful! I can't imagine that you could have offended anyone :)

When I was quite young, still in single digits age-wise, I told my beloved Gram "good riddance" thinking that I was intelligent enough to figure out that it meant "good writings". We had moved far away and us kids got letters from her once in a while :lol Soooo, I have an idea how you must have felt when you found out!

:hug:manyheart How precious is this. Your intentions were very well meant. :dayby sharing this story, it made me LOL and I hope you know that I am not :lol at you but hopefully :lol with you at your honest mistake.I still have trouble sometimes trying to figure out the lingo that is used on the puter and in text messaging, and I have been computing for years and still don't know them all and have a hard time keeping up with the new ones. OHHHHH, the joys of technology :lol. My kids still laugh at me when I use something inappropriately. Surely, no one has taken offense to this. But, I will commend you for starting this thread and offering your apologies to anyone who may have been offended and admitting to your mistake!!! You are an absolute :angel. :hugs and :flowerfor you!!!!!!!!!

Ya know what ?

When I got on the computer and started with all these new terms ,it boggled my little mind:lol:lol

I am an older lady.

They need to make a computer dictaonary for us to learn these terms.:lol:yes

I thought that is cute you taking the time to say this. :hug:hug

When I was a kid (long time ago) my dad was working on his ham radio licence...I think at the novice level he had to use morse code not voice...there were a lot of abbreviations to save on dits and dahs....amongst the (mostly male) ham operators, LOL meant Little Old Lady (wife)! :lol

hello all,

I have been signing alot of my posts with LOL thinking it meant Lots of Love. I found out today that it means Laugh out Loud. :eek

I am so sorry if I have offended anyone. I certainly did not want to Laugh out Loud I just wanted to send Lots of Love. :hug

I will modify now that I realized what a big dufas I have been.

So sorry to all who may have gotten a post that was inappropriately signed. :blush

:manyheart Toni

I think it's cute that you thought that. My husbands cousin signs every email with LOL thinking the same thing. I doubt that you offended anyone here. LOL to you! :manyheart

And here we thought you were such a cheerful person with a sense of humor!

That's pretty much what I thought. :)

They need to make a computer dictaonary for us to learn these terms

They already do. Just yahoo/google acronyms and you'll get plenty of sites.

http://www.gaarde.org/acronyms/

http://www.netlingo.com/inframes.cfm

:)

When I first started using the 'puter, one of the first sites I found was a "house cleaning' or 'organizing' one. The ladies were always using lol, and not knowing what it meant, I had to ask.:think Was told it meant 'loads of laundry'!:yes Yhup. So when I came here, I just couldn't figure it out, thought maybe they just didn't have time to crochet, because they had too much lol.:lol Jan.

When I first started getting email from my SIL, I thought she meant 'lots of luck' whenever she put 'LOL'! I also couldn't figure out why so many people on message boards signed 'TIA' - who was this Tia? LOL

toni, maybe you started a new thing ya know like DD can stand for alot of things darling daughter darn daughter ect so who says LOL has to stand for laugh out loud. i like your version better LOL to you back(your version of it):hug:hug:hug:hug

Archived