2008 Stashbusting CAL Game (winners posted #1835)

laughlovehook

What timezone are you in?  

429 members have voted

1. 1. What timezone are you in?

• Outside of the US
    • Eastern GMT -5
    • Central GMT -6
    • Mountain GMT -7
    • Pacific GMT -8
    • Alaska or Hawaii GMT -9 GMT -10

Oh...I'm not starting the week out well at all :(. I just bought six skeins of homespun to make myself a sweater and two skeins to finish a scarf...-16. But then I used up a ball on an afghan, so...

I'm now at -15.:blush

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I used up a skein today making 60 little squares for a quilt ghan :yay on a roll. Back to my scrap ghan tomorrow and get some more balls out of here. +2 for a wtd +5

Ack! You threw them away? :worried Sometimes you can find a group that will take that stuff for charity or education projects, like hospitals, schools, local guilds, etc. I joined the local chapter of the CGOA here and they do an annual swap, so I'm going to save that stuff for them, unless it's baby stuff, which will go to an older lady who crochets stuff for a hospital.

I threw away yarn as well yesterday. Some small balls in aweful colors, a ball of RHSS that hurt my hands to use and some really musty smelling wool that I wasn't sure anyone could get the ick out of...

I totally forgot to post on Saturday, so I'll have two weeks to report at once. Hopefully that will boost me up a little! Used up one more skein so far, and well under way on two others.

I used up 2 skeins (+4) making 20 6 inch smillie squares The partials are going down fast, but the black (smaller skeins) is going so fast, I might run out. I hope to get at least 36 squares. My score so far + 4

Ellie 13

Second week in a row I forgot to post, oh well, I used up some yarn, but I can't update my numbers until I check and see what I really used, :think working on a giant granny square with 4 colors, I think I at least finished 2 yesterday but I'm not positively sure, maybe it was 3....

and I'm nearing completion of 3 ss on other projects so I should get some positive points this week! (not my ytd though!!! that still needs some work :lol)

I guess I must have spring Fever or something because I just got rid of another 27 points worth of yarn & thread!

I am definitely going to stick to not buying any yarn, unless It's too good of a deal to pass up. I go to second hand shops a lot and I love Yard Sales (50 cents a skein is a Great deal)

Crossing my fingers that the sales won't start for a couple of months! I really do need to bust some stash!

So many of you are doing so well! I have to confess that I ALMOST succumbed to a temptation to buy lace weight yarn because I was looking at some very pretty lace patterns. Though I did resist, with difficulty.

I also have been buying lots of pattern books and pouring over them lately (WHEN I HAVE about 20 WIPs going.) :eek What is the matter with me?

I must just focus, on what I have, but it is hard to do with all the wonderful possibilities out there.

Maybe I should do a behavior modification thing with rewards of starting a new project when I get a few done, but this may backfire on me by tempting me to LOOK for new projects. Any suggestions?

So many of you are doing so well! I have to confess that I ALMOST succumbed to a temptation to buy lace weight yarn because I was looking at some very pretty lace patterns. Though I did resist, with difficulty.

I also have been buying lots of pattern books and pouring over them lately (WHEN I HAVE about 20 WIPs going.) :eek What is the matter with me?

I must just focus, on what I have, but it is hard to do with all the wonderful possibilities out there.

Maybe I should do a behavior modification thing with rewards of starting a new project when I get a few done, but this may backfire on me by tempting me to LOOK for new projects. Any suggestions?

All I can suggest is put the blinders up when you see yarn or pattern books. I know of no real cure for this disease we have.

You have just entered the next stage of STASH withdrawal. Give or take, it goes something like this:

1. You are strong against all odds and have all the willpower in the world.

2. You look at yarn, pet it, put it in your basket, but realize the error of your ways at the last minute and put it back.

3. You redirect your urge to stash to patterns, hooks and other crafts.

4. You BINGE like crazy and say "I'll make it up later"

5. You feel guilty for binging, so every time you look at yarn, it makes you a little sick.

6. You give up. It's not worth it.

7. You come back, but with a clearer head.

8. You are strong again, though not so zealous. It seems a little more logical and controlled.

9. You start sorting through your stash and are finally able to really look at how much you have.

10. You start gradually chipping away at your stash and realize you're making progress. Sales are easy to pass up because you realize that buying MORE yarn deprives you of working with the beautiful yarn you already have.

Archived