2008 Stashbusting CAL Game (winners posted #1835)

laughlovehook

What timezone are you in?  

429 members have voted

1. 1. What timezone are you in?

• Outside of the US
    • Eastern GMT -5
    • Central GMT -6
    • Mountain GMT -7
    • Pacific GMT -8
    • Alaska or Hawaii GMT -9 GMT -10

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh, dear! I shot the moon this week?! I knew I'd done bad this week, but not that bad! Oh, well ... I can only hope that this is the only time for me LOL! On to week #6 ...

Please, someone tell me what 'shoot the moon' means? :think Thanks.

Oh, my WTD is 22, not 52. So, no awards for me.

I'm sorry. I was doing scores quickly last night. I'll change it.

Shoot the Moon is an award we give to the person who has the lowest score. It's kind of like a first place for the negatives.

This is the updated scores from last night. The only thing that changed was the 2nd and 3rd place winners.

Saturday, February 02, 2008

First Place MrsCrochetPants +137

Second Place raelynn +31

Third Place Krystal16 +25

rlanto +22

yarncat +23

scc51055 +18

Super Granny +17

jetty56 +16

DreamsofYarn +15

basjordan +13

laughlovehook +12

econ-nerd +11

angelfire +10

NoLooseEnds +10

LegalWoman17 +10

Dare2BDifferent +10

HappyOldCro +10

JennyBunny +9

walker1021 +9

shebear +9

Melibean223 +9

MadCityCrochet +8

darski +8

Ellie 13 +7

Tia +7

2kute +6

KommunistKandy +4 **Your welcome!! **

yarn monkey +4

Cym +4

Robyn +3

isserlie +3

Warrior Maiden +3

KellyA +3

econ-nerd +5

Nght +3

LaurieE +3

rddugan +2

hseger +2

donnalynn2 0

silvermoon42 -2

CraftyJen -2

130chris -5

Addey -6

redpuppydog -8

YummyMummyJennifer -14

appy lover -17

Lisaizme -20

jeannie1205 -32

Shoot the Moon jnewman88 -68

Wasn't around last night to post but only had +2 for the week but at least I didn't buy:).

I did finish up a skein this morning that I'm using to make a hat and scarf so starting the week off right. +2.

hooray! a new week means a fresh start! i admit i was bad during my internet exile and didn't keep good track of my numbers :blush but its the super bowl today so hopefully i will get a lot done today (in between the snacking of course!! :eek)

Congratulations to you winners!

Though,I think everyone deserves congratulations just for sticking in there. I hope to climb a bit higher, and I know the key will be not buying yarn. I am too attached to my stash to give stuff away, but maybe this group will inspire me to. Good luck in the coming week!

Shoot the moon is when you go so far into the hole that it is a newsworthy event. Some of us may mess up but the "shoot the moon" winners go out in a blaze of (shameful) glory! :rofl

I am too attached to my stash to give stuff away

You aren't the ONLY one!!!

Shoot the moon is when you go so far into the hole that it is a newsworthy event. Some of us may mess up but the "shoot the moon" winners go out in a blaze of (shameful) glory! :rofl

Yep, that's pretty much the spirit of "Shoot the Moon!" :rofl

:cheer:cheer:cheer

Get out!!! did I miss a note in the Flannelghan thread or is this your first chance to mention this?

I can't wait to see it. :hug

That was my first mention of it, I was waiting until this morning and good light to take pictures. I'm about to post it to the flannelghan thread now.

I also managed to use up 2 half-skeins of the leftover yellow and green to make a vest and diaper cover. My hooks are smoking, so I'd better put them down for a few. At least I'm starting out the week at a +2, and back to 0 for YTD.

Woohoo! I ended a week in the positives!

And now I am in the positives overall. I finally bagged up all the Red Heart that I am allergic to, and it's waiting for my aunt to pick it up, and the unused ones are going back to Wally World, so that's +31 for me (it's a bitterweet gain - all my yarn is gone!). That means I am at +22 for the year, so I guess I shouldn't be dropping into the negatives again anytime soon (I hope). I am going to be working up a storm this week, though, since this will likely be the only week I am ever that high.

Well, I'm off to a good start. I jut used up two skeins on the now finished colorghan for Sadie. Never again will I use Bon-Bon in a large project.

I balled up the remaining two skeins on that, plus finished a skein on Bradie's afghan. +8 so far for the week.

Be proud of me...

While going through part of my stash looking to see what kinds of cotton I have, I chucked 2 skeins and 6 balls into the trash. The skeins were old, musty wool I'll never used and inherited from a friends grandmother, and the 6 balls were equilly icky stuff from old projects or inherited from others.

This puts me way into the positives! I'm at +12 WTD/ +10 YTD and it's only Sunday!! I've got the rest of my stash to go through and several things to work on this week... looks like a good week for me!

Well I'm starting the week with head hung low, went to DD's house and admired some of her holiday yarns. Needless to say I left her house with a bag full of 7 1/2 lovely skeins.

Turns out she didn't like the yarn. So off to a "great" ??? start -15 for today....

:woo :woo :woo

(NGHT - I'm still in the positives for the YTD, how 'bout you??? HUH?!?!?!)

Ummm... YUP! Matter O'Fact, I've used up 4 full & 1 partial skein since last night making squares! That's NINE more points! :nahnah

ANDDDDDDD... I listed some lots on ebay today too :rofl

Well I've earned 4 points today! Got rid of one Skein of Wool in a color I'll never use and One Skein of RH that ticked me off so I threw it away also.

Ack! You threw them away? :worried Sometimes you can find a group that will take that stuff for charity or education projects, like hospitals, schools, local guilds, etc. I joined the local chapter of the CGOA here and they do an annual swap, so I'm going to save that stuff for them, unless it's baby stuff, which will go to an older lady who crochets stuff for a hospital.

Archived