2008 Stashbusting CAL Game (winners posted #1835)

laughlovehook

What timezone are you in?  

429 members have voted

1. 1. What timezone are you in?

• Outside of the US
    • Eastern GMT -5
    • Central GMT -6
    • Mountain GMT -7
    • Pacific GMT -8
    • Alaska or Hawaii GMT -9 GMT -10

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I counted up my skeins and there were four per bag for a whopping -24!!!!!!!

I was so happy that I had two skeins that are almost done for a +4....I don't think it will help much now!

The worst part is, the skeins aren't for a particular project...so I have no plans to use them like my other skeins I bought a couple weeks ago!!!

I think I need some support for this purchase....or I might take it back. Did I mention...its really pretty....

Keep it. Think of this as you've been busting stash so you can buy new pretty yarn. I'm sure a project will leap out at you for it soon enough. Especially since it sounds like you really, really like it. Having stash isn't a bad thing... letting it overrun the entire house... well... could be a little tricky. Just use some old stash up to "make room" for the new stuff. :lol

Yes, I am an enabeler....

I was quite naughty today!

8 balls of yarn jumped in my cart at wal-mart -8

Got 2 skeins of Lion wool in the mail from a trade -4

The paid for a few things that won't be till next week

7 skeins of Bare Knit picks

and I saw that I just won the auction I bid on last night 10 skeins of yummy sock yarn

Next week will not be a good stashbusting week.

Well, I have not been making much progress on using UP much of my stash, but I have been USING more of my stash so that is a good start. I made a potholder for the kitchen swap using 23 colors of Aunt Lydia's denim that I have never opened, made 2 more rectangles for the WUA CAL, will be using 3 colors of cotton that I already have on another potholder tonight. And I am planning on using a bunch of frogging a half done baby outfit and re-using the yarn to make a sweater for my son rather than buying even MORE yarn....not THAT is definitely progress for me!

Sara

I have finished my dads afghan, it may take a while to work out how much yarn I used but will post later.

I bought 4 balls of cream and 1 ball of green to complete some pet blankets Iam working on.

So -10 so far this week

I have finished my dads afghan, it may take a while to work out how much yarn I used but will post later.

I bought 4 balls of cream and 1 ball of green to complete some pet blankets Iam working on.

So -10 so far this week

O.K have worked out my yarn usage for my dad's afghan, so here it is...

Light blue - 2 partial & 1 full (4)

Aqua - 2 partial & 1 full (4)

Teal - 1 partial & 1 full (3)

Navy - 1 partial & 1 full (3)

Med blue - 1 partial & 1 full (3)

Denuim - 1 partial & 1 full (3)

Varigated blue - 1 partial & 4 full (9)

Grey - 1 partial & 6 full (13)

Making a grand total of 41

That makes this weeks total so far of +31

I am using up a lot of yarn, but it's not counting in the contest yet. I'm doing my first graph afghan, and everytime I started a color section, I added a new skein instead of planning ahead and putting the yarn from one skein on a bunch of bobbins. I think I'll be able to count it, but later in the year. I have to start doing other things to get some points wracked up.

I have 4 boxes of yarn that I packed up and moved 1800 miles across the country to my new home. Our old home was a four bedroom 2300 square foot house and we now have a 870 square foot 2 bedroom apartment...Much less space.

So the easiest way for me to make some room in our closets is to try to get down to one box of yarn at the most...

So I'm starting today...

Can someone go over the spreadsheet I have heard some of you talk about? I would like to do that too.

Thanks and wish me luck!

Lis... it is really simple...

for every complete skein of yarn you use .......+2

for every partial skien you roll into a ball ........+1

for every ball you use completely...................+1

for every skein of yarn you buy or are gifted ...-2

for every ball of yarn you get .......................-1

we turn in our scores on Sat. the object is to keep your score in the positive...

Good Luck

Good point Addey!!

Things are going slowly this week for me, but I think I can fix that today. I finished up 1 ball last night, working on a stuffed fish to go with a baby gift set. I have been doing some thread work that is really slow for stash busting, but it needs used also.

I have been making progress on my stuff that is completed, except working in ends this week. Yesterday I did ends on 4 scarves and 2 hats. Plus I sold one of the scarves, and I don't think it had even been completed an hour. Yeah!!

I am going to the post office to mail 7 scarves today, so that should but me solidly in the black for the week and month.

Well, I have not been making much progress on using UP much of my stash, but I have been USING more of my stash so that is a good start. I made a potholder for the kitchen swap using 23 colors of Aunt Lydia's denim that I have never opened, made 2 more rectangles for the WUA CAL, will be using 3 colors of cotton that I already have on another potholder tonight. And I am planning on using a bunch of frogging a half done baby outfit and re-using the yarn to make a sweater for my son rather than buying even MORE yarn....not THAT is definitely progress for me!

Sara

Did you say Aunt Lydia's denim?? I have not used that in quite a while and I really really like that. Bought a pattern a few years ago for kitchen curtains made out of this. Thanks for reminding me. :rofl

Did you say Aunt Lydia's denim?? I have not used that in quite a while and I really really like that. Bought a pattern a few years ago for kitchen curtains made out of this. Thanks for reminding me. :rofl

OK, I just realized there was a big typo in my last post I was using TWO colors of Aunt Lydia's denim....they don't even MAKE 23 colors of it! Still have a bunch of both skeins left, but I have no idea what I am going to use them for. I did like working with the stuff, though. It is my first time working with "thread" and it was so smooth compared to the yarn I normally use that it took a little getting used to.

Sara

Archived