2008 Stashbusting CAL Game (winners posted #1835)

laughlovehook

What timezone are you in?  

429 members have voted

1. 1. What timezone are you in?

• Outside of the US
    • Eastern GMT -5
    • Central GMT -6
    • Mountain GMT -7
    • Pacific GMT -8
    • Alaska or Hawaii GMT -9 GMT -10

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Megan glad the burns aren't too bad!

I rolled 2 skeins into balls yesterday and one ball used up so far today, so +3 starting the week. I'm close on a few more skeins into balls so maybe I can add more by the end of the day. :)

Glad to hear that your daughter's burns arent too bad!!! Hope they are better soon!!

She's back to her "normal" self today. And hasn't mentioned her fingers since earlier this morning. So I think she's going to be fine. She's been driving me crazy all day and has her full energy. :think:eek

Megan, I'm glad to hear that your daughter's burns weren't too severe. It is good to hear she is back to her 'normal' self.

I finished MY 2 strander and used up 2 more skeins on it.

I also rolled 4 partial skeins into balls.

+8 to start the week.

I've got 2 skeins packaged up to send out so I will go ahead and count the points before I forget about them :) +4 more for the week and I rolled one more skein into a ball so another +1.

Last nite I finished a little scrapghan and used up lots of my stash...Not as much as I thought though...I actally had to roll what was left of a skein into a little ball - so only a point for that. plus another for a ball used up - total +2 !! yay. Im going to use it as a doggie blanket :):woo

I have some really wierd colors in the stash from my MIL - I have no clue what to do with it...any ideas?? the colors are kinda funky and dont really "blend" if you know what i mean :blink:blinkAny suggestions??? Im thinking probably small things,,potholders, dishrags??? :think well, time to get a bit creative. Maybe i'll just go buy more yarn and start a new project just for ME !:clap:2rock:2rock

I'm glad to hear your girl is O.K. I'm 40+ and I still get burned :blush. I splattered hot grease on the back of my left hand yesterday :eek. I got a small blister and a few red spots. I'm right handed so tried crocheting with an ice pack on my hand, but my fingers got numb :(. I finished putting my squares together and rolled the 6 skeins into balls (+6). I hope I have enough black left to make the border. My score so far + 6. I'll post more points later.

Ellie 13

Well thanks to 27 granny daughters, Im up +5

and thanks to finishing the bearghan Im up +2

and the CRW brings me up +2

so it's +9 for the beginning of week #7

and YTD =-17

Looks like I am starting out in the red again this week....I rolled a skein of cotton into a ball (+1) but then I also bought 3 more for skeins for an upcoming project (-6). I know I am going to be working up a storm the next few days though as I prep for the Knit-Out & Crochet this weekend. Plus, I need to get some swap items in the mail so I will be turning my focus back to the rest of my projects ASAP and hopefully making some headway.

Sara

ETA: My goal for this week is to get my over all score into the positive before going to MN....because I know I will be coming home with more yarn than I am going with!

Oh shucks... I went shopping today to get some pink yearn for a ghan... which I did get mostly. The interesting part is that that pink was not the only skein in my bag :blush so I guess I end up with a

for today/ this week at this point :sigh

The other awful truth is that I completely forgot that I had to count it until I came here and was writing something. Boy I really need to get a grip. Having to count this stuff was supposed to keep me honest.

:rofl

I used up 2 more balls and rolled a skein into a tiny ball so +3 more. :yay I'm really trying to keep myself from getting any yarn this week. I just want to buy some sooooo bad. :lol

I have made my first points in this stash bust. +2 for using one skein of green Caron Simply soft on a baby sweater I am making. I will start the next skein to finish the 1 and a half sleeves and the edging and I will be done with my first project of 2008!

Sunday was a real quiet day around here and I did nothing but sit with my yarn making pieces for WUA... 4 full skeins & 3 partials finished. +11

Am also sending 5 skeins of Luster Sheen today from an ebay auction +10

Have a LARGE amount of cotton I'm sending out, but the payment hasn't been made yet, so I won't claim those points... right now :D

Archived