2008 Stashbusting CAL Game (winners posted #1835)

laughlovehook

What timezone are you in?  

429 members have voted

1. 1. What timezone are you in?

• Outside of the US
    • Eastern GMT -5
    • Central GMT -6
    • Mountain GMT -7
    • Pacific GMT -8
    • Alaska or Hawaii GMT -9 GMT -10

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im on a roll.... + 2 for 1 skein of pink for the round ripple baby ghan, which I hope to finish today or tomorrow.

For those who might be interested, here is the link

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=71977

to my last bearghan for a while.

WTD +9 YTD -15

Boy, compared to everyone else, I'm not making much progress here using up yarn :( and I have 3 afghans in progress (a quiltghan, solid granny square "scrap" ghan, and the cat graph afghan). You'd think with 3 afghans in progress I'd be using up yarn quicker than I am.:think

And the good news is that I finished up 2 skeins of yarn to complete a hat and scarf set. :whew

At one point, I had to work from both ends of the skein of blue to finish knitting the scarf and it was a close call at that with the pom pom to make. But it is done and a big +4 to the good side :rofl

Boy, compared to everyone else, I'm not making much progress here using up yarn :( and I have 3 afghans in progress (a quiltghan, solid granny square "scrap" ghan, and the cat graph afghan). You'd think with 3 afghans in progress I'd be using up yarn quicker than I am.:think

I know what you mean! I have been trying my darndest to use up yarn, but some how nothing ever seems to use more than half a skein! I am finding myself making rectangles and squares just to get some of it used up but then they are distracting me from my other projects. Vicious cycle isn't it?

Don't worry, as soon as you start using up yarn on those afghans there you will finish lots all at once. That seems to be the way it works for me!

Sara

Have been working on a scrap ghan and trying to use up the skeins

So far this week I have 8 points :yay I am off today and have been working on squares for the secret pals swap I hope to knock out a lot of squares as well as points!!!!

Wow, Nght - look at YOU!!!! That YTD score is STILL positive!!! So proud of you... do you think maybe we have reformed this year???

Amazing isn't it?? :devil

Reformed...?? Nahhhhh... broke is more like it :lol

Actually, (well no, I really am broke, but... LOL) I've been working so much that I haven't been able to justify buying new yarn when I have so much waiting to be made into something already. But beware, after this weeks ebay sales and my tax return will be in Friday, I just might HAFTA... :blush

Well, being new here and just starting this game on Saturday I thought maybe it would get me into using my stash. Boy, was I WRONG!!!!!!!!! :think I am ashamed to say, that I started off this game in the red :lol. I went to Hobby Lobby on Saturday and bought 5 skeins of SS and 6 skeins of RHSS that were both located on the clearance rack for a $1 a piece. Was so hard to pass them up. And then turned right around on Sunday and bought 4 more skeins of SS at Walmart :blush. I should be :crocheting because needless to say in the last 4 days I have only used up 3 skeins, gave a friend one skein and used up one ball. So my totals are:

WTD: -1 and YTD: -21 :D

Well, being new here and just starting this game on Saturday I thought maybe it would get me into using my stash. Boy, was I WRONG!!!!!!!!! :think I am ashamed to say, that I started off this game in the red :lol. I went to Hobby Lobby on Saturday and bought 5 skeins of SS and 6 skeins of RHSS that were both located on the clearance rack for a $1 a piece. Was so hard to pass them up. And then turned right around on Sunday and bought 4 more skeins of SS at Walmart :blush. I should be :crocheting because needless to say in the last 4 days I have only used up 3 skeins, gave a friend one skein and used up one ball.

we have all so-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o been there and done all of that :rofl

:welcome to the stash building busting game.

I'm right there with ya, Laurie. I have 2 afghans in progress, bookmarks on the hooks and also a few scarves in the works. But it seems like the yarn is not getting depleated. I swear that my yarn is multiplying at a rate faster than rabbits!!

Yay! I finished a skein this week too and the scarf for my DH. However, he wants mittens now and I don't have any leftover yarn in that color. Hopefully I can limit myself to the one skein at Hobby Lobby! I'm almost in positive territory for the year again.

finished all the centers for baby ghan and made 10 complete squares, but nothing that completed a skein or ball, so no score change for last night or this am. Waiting to ship out two packages of yarn, and getting one package soon in the mail. Want to go to yarn shop sooooo bad, but fighting it. Of course the fact that it is very cold and snowy is helping.

Am having yet another bad week. So far this week I have bought 4 skeins of SS for a baby blanket & baby gifts, 2 skeins RHSS camo for a birthday gift hat & scarf, 4 skeins of bernat because I liked it.

I did finish the birthday hat and scarf, so I have used up 1 1/2 skeins. I started the baby blanket last night, it is going to be so pretty, but maybe I should have put it off till I have used some more of my stash up.

The bernat I bought was a bad idea...not only did I not need it I paid full price :eek...I never pay full price unless it is ss or RHSS that are already cheap...oops...but it was chunky in pink camo and this really cool purple and green in worsted. Does anyone have a wet noodle, I am ready for my lashes.

I can't blame you too much. I bought two skeins of the hot pink chunky to make socks for a coworker. I thought I would need 2 more skeins, which I haven't bought yet, but it turns out I may only need 3, or possibly even 2. However.... I am thinking about pleading ignorance and buying the other two and losing the receipt. It's good yarn, huh?

Well, I'm having virtually a non-crochet week. So much crapola going on at work and home that I am too exhausted to even pick up my hook and yarn. Well, it's only Wednesday, so maybe I can bust a few skeins before Saturday.

I really hate how my job interferes with my crochet time. :blush:blush:blush

Archived