What I've learned from Crochetville....

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wholeheartedly agree with everything said! I love this place and have learned so much since joining. and the warmth and caring is astounding!

:hug:manyheart

(yup...I am a yarn petter! what else are you supposed to do with it until you turn it into an fo?? it gets lonley, too!)

:applause Bravo! Well said Krystal. This post should be a sticky! Thank you for saying what's in all of our hearts so eloquently. :hug

:manyheart Thanks for liking it. Amy, you can send your drycleaning bill to Donna.... I think it could be qualified under "Job Hazards"...

now this is funny!!!!! yes the rest of it is too but this just hit me the right way i guess!

i too have to agree with everything. i was always a one project kinda gal til i met you all!

amy and donna this must make all the hard work you do worth it even more!

1. Never read the posts while drinking or eating...

Some of the ladies here are waaaay too funny, and too many times I've been caught off guard and snorted my food/drink out my nose. Let me tell you - not attractive... nor sanitary.:D

.......or good for the keyboard!!!! :blush:eek

I think of the 'Ville as the virtual front stoop. For those of you who didn't grow up with a front stoop, it's where all the adults would go and sit after dinner in the warm summer evenings, with their coffee and beer and pina coladas if Frank was making them that night, and talk and gossip and sometimes just sit. And we kids would be off playing in the dusk, catching fireflies, playing tag. And people would come and go, as they could, and nobody fought with each other, and it was all good. So the 'Ville is my electronic front stoop. But better, because yarn is involved. :hook Patty

So very true to almost all of it Krystal:D

The only one that would be a catch for me is men crocheting...

a co-worker of mine is probably one of the most advanced and competent crocheters I know...(he secretly disgusts our other co-worker and I at times, but we would never kick him out of our tiny crochet/knit group...yes he has decided to try knitting and felting/fulling because 'the girls' do it):devil

Hmmmm, wonder if that thing with the wet cel phone in the bag of kitty litter to dry it out would work with key boards???

Add: Having vast numbers of WIP's is not a sign of a scattered mind but a perfectly normal thing to do!

10. Men crochet, too.

Honestly - I didn't know this until I met the guys here. I feel sorry for many of them, because they feel they have to hide their hobby. Could you imagine not being able to take your hook out with you? My hook goes everywhere I do. Hiding my stash is one thing. So, nice to meet you, men - love that you can come here and join us!

:D

I've never felt more welcome in any group, nor learned more in such a short amount of time than I have since joining this group. I've been crocheting for over 25 years and I must say, I've never had so much fun!

Great post, Krystal!

Archived