Purple Romper

The Shrone

purpleromper-thumb.jpg

(Click on pic for larger image)

Here's the latest creation hot off my hook. It's a romper (part of a set) being made for one of my classmates who recently became a first-time dad this past month. I started on the cardigan today and the finished set will include a hat and booties. I made a similar set (romper) and (cardigan) for a first-time mom last year.

It's made using Lion Brand Microspun and a lot of :U buttons. The pattern book is currently available at most craft stores. The romper took about 3 days to make once I got past my stupid mistake making with the first leg.

Will post the entire set once it is completed. (Hopefully the end of this week!)

I went to your site and I am in total awe of your creations! I am totally in love :manyheart with your christening set. I soooo want to make one of those, but no more babies for our house. I still have the urge to make one though! I love the chenille baby sweater, too. I have that pattern, and I am inspired to make it! Was the variegated baby afghan shown in pink on the front of a leaflet? If it's the leaflet I am thinking of, I have that too. And I'll have to try it! Now where did that leaflet go, anyway?:think

Very cute Lori!! :tup I love the feel of Microspun!!! :manyheart

That looks great! I got that book in california... you've inspired me! I was glad to hear that it worked up so quickly too. Now to decide what colors to use for a little girl... hmm...

I just looked at the pic bigger, and I had to come edit my reply... I LOVE those buttons! :yay

I love this!! In fact, I went to your site and really admire a lot of your work. I am going to have to go back and read through your site more. Thanks for the inspiration!

Cute! Love the smileys.

Although you gotta wonder if the Mom will be smiley when those real stinky diapers need changing. Lol. I wonder if the smileys will turn to frownies when it's changing time. :lol

That is exactly what I'm looking to make for my grandbaby-to-be. Is the pattern still available, cause it would be well worth buying? I have limited access to patterns so may have to order it online.

Kathy

Those are such precious and well-made gifts! You rock :):cheer You'r stitches are so even and perfect... and for something sized so small. I'm sure the microspun feels awesome.

I missed the name of the pattern book...

Can you post it or email the title to me? I think my nephew would look darling in that romper.

The Happy Buttons are a great touch!

Great job!:clap

lori you are so talented, i love that set, and omgosh the swan doily!!!! i have that pattern and have been wanting to try it. now can see what it will look like. awesome, your things you made are so beautiful:c9 :c9 :c9 :c9:hug vicki

Archived