WIP Wednesday

Deb

OK

Campus Colors afghan in peach, just like Donna made in Rose (http://www.yarntomato.com/gallery/afghans ) a little over 1/2 done, although it isn't seeming to come out the right size, it's going to be a "throw" not an afghan.

A poncho for dd, from some RH that is so NOT soft, that I have trouble picking it up to work on it.

A sweater for me from RH Misty in gray, that would be real cozy if I can finish it, just have to sew the seams and do a little finishing, but I don't know if I like it well enough to finish it . . .

Not having a good crochet "season" just now . . .:(

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is my first WIP Wednesday too!

- a graph afghan done all in sc for my mom's bday next month, about 3/4 done

- a graph afghan using tunesian crochet for the first time for a friends bday that was last month, about 1/3 done....really should get off the computer and work on that some more!!

- and one that's just Bernat soft boucle all in dc for a friend just because she asked, 1/4 done

- 2 wrist bags for my neices, first is 3/4 done

- my first doily, about half done

I think that's everything:think

Here's my WIP update:

Finished bathroom swap items and sent them off, working on kitchen items now.

working on squares for a comfortghan I am making for my friend and also for a few other comfortghans for crochetville members.

working on secret pal items.

attempting a bath pouf for my mother ( not mothers day related)

Can I still join in. o.k.this is my list=

Butterfly wing shawl I'm not even half done

Granny square afghan I have done about 8 rounds, also a crocheted

rug made in a half circle also with this pattern I'm trying to make it

into shawl that I started about 3 years ago.I'm happy to report that

last night I finish :cheer "Beth's little Star Afghan :clap with yarn that I'm

trying to destash, and this includes all my other

projects that I have right now also.

I guess that's it for now.:manyheart

I've never posted on this Thread. I never remember on Wednesday :D

So lets see what am I working on...

1.Blanket for Linus Project in Bright pink, orange, yellow Rectangle

2.Blanket for Linus Project in Simply Soft "brights" Square

3. Pink and white blankey for a new little cousin due in Sept. I have frogged it several times. I think I'll frog the whole thing and do the star pattern. Let ya know how its going next wed.

4. just started a dishcloth for a set I'm doing for a friend's daughter who is getting married the end of July.

Barbara

I only need 5 more squares to finish the pineapple pillowghan then I'll get to work on a rose afghan that a lady in church ordered plus I'll get to the 63 squares and arrowhead.

I finished another pair of socks over the weekend, they're done in Bernat baby sport in lilac. I have a knit pair started and another crochet pair started for small projects in between the big projects. This pair is being done in Red Heart Super Saver in gold and a varigated that's called grapevine, I think, I can't find it anywhere on C&C website so they may not be making it anymore. Anyway, the body of the sock is gold and the heel, toe and cuff is the varigated.

:frog

I am making the little pink pineapple dress. All was smooth until the sleeves, they are taking longer to do than the whole dress.:hook

squares for the comfortghans for other people

and now to make squares for my comfortghan for the little girl

things for the kitchen swap

my daughter a top

and last my afghan

sondra

My only WIP is a ruffly sunhat from a pattern I found at another forum. It's turned out a little too small for my almost three year old, so it'll be for the new baby and I want to make a matching one for my older daughter.

I also have to make a birthday present for my sister in law. Her birthday is this weekend, but I won't have it finished because I'm still waiting for a yarn shipment.

Ah...WIP Wednesday again.

Well, on my hook or waiting to be finished:

Mary Jane Slippers...2nd of the pair for my 3 yr old (I actually made the other half of the pair and somehow skipped a few rows so it was too small:irk ) Not sure how I didn't notice but I was so disgusted I put it down for a day.

And a pair for me

The Tunisian Jacket....gonna be a regular on my list for a while

A shrug..

And something I need to do right now, a square for a comfortghan...way overdue (feeling guilty)

And I am going to weave the ends on my 2nd summer scarf and send them out (ugh I have so much to send out)

OK...so I've cleaned out my craft room and can say with certainty that I have the following WIPs:

1-Di's Hooded Scarf pattern (almost done, don't know why I didn't finish it, I started it a couple of years ago! I found it today while straightening my stash)

2-mohair shawls (one in pale blue & one in camel)

1-Guardian Angel Afghan

1-35 or 36 Square Afghan (12 squares done)

1-Sylvia Cosh Sweater

1-Scarf hanger (had forgotten all about it)

1-apron pattern I'm designing as I go

And although I have the afghan & sweater done for my nephew, I still want to make a hat, booties & thumbless mittens & maybe a stuffed animal to complete the set.

FOs:

4-dishcloths for Kitchen/Bath Swap (I used Drews patterns I bought off Lulu)

1-Nylon Scrubbie for Kitchen/Bath Swap (my own design)

1-Henny Penny

4-Bookmarks for Bookmark Swap

1-Butterfly pin

1-M pillow (tested pattern for WovenSpun)

Several squares for comfortghans for other people

Several squares for my sister's comfortghan I'm making

ummm....I think that's it for this week

OH...and these were all done using my stash, I have purchased no new yarn for anything in the month of May. I've taken the StashBusters challenge.

Yay! It's my first WIP Wednesday, I've never tried this before, although I've thought about it.

-Large tote made from plastic shopping bags. I might be traveling soon (family emergency-ish thing) and I keep my crochet WIPs, needed yarn and tools in a large wicker basket. Impractical for a cross-country drive. So I want a big ol' sturdy plastic tote for the trip. It's coming out nice. I'm getting some interesting patterns by joining different colors of bag stategically.

-Summer poncho. My mother is demanding it in time for a local blues festival in July in a mountain town near here, where it might be cool in the evening. Plus, her favorite musician is Stevie Ray Vaughan, who was known for wearing ponchos. There's even a memorial statue of him in Austin and he's wearing one. Since there's going to be an SRV impersonator there who we've met, I guess she simply couldn't live with the shame of not having just the right poncho for the occaision! ;)

-Harry Potter Ravenclaw scarf. Working it using the tunisian knit stitch, thanks to Tandy (Crochet Smartcat) and her kind donation of afghan hooks. I simply couldn't work it in anything but tunisian... I wanted it so badly to look knitted. It's blue and tan, which is a bit of a compromise between the blue and silver of the movies and the blue and bronze of the books. It has the same deadline as the poncho, as the new Harry Potter book comes out the same day as a blues festival.

-Taiji (Yin/Yang) symbol purse. Doing well in some parts, doing poorly in others. I experimented with round increases on one piece... failed miserabley. Because of the above, more pressing issues, this will probably be a WIP for a while, and may even venture into UFO territory before I pick it back up.

Stuff to come:

-Cool summer hat, for Florida wearing (jeeze it was so hot when I was there last year, for a similar family emergency. Grandma died exactly one year ago today... so I can probably expect similar weather). Maybe, if I have time, some other Florida gear, like a hair holder of some kind.

-Fancy cuffs on a long, scarlet velvet jacket I want for the Harry Potter opening. I found it in the attic recently on a yarn hunt. I had forgotten about it. It's incredibley wicked, except for 3/4 length sleeves, which I don't care for on this item. So I'm going to add interchangable (velcro, anyone?) flaring cuffs. I love this kind of stuff... I dress like the Potterhead (and pirate) that I am. Despite the Ravenclaw scarf, I'm still not sure whether I'm going to the book opening decked in Ravenclaw colors or Gryffindor ones (scarlet and gold). Either way, I have someone to wear the alternate costume.

I finish the rug yarn and a square that I was making from a pattern

of a band of lionbrand homespun skein.I had to frogg the

shawl I was making from the same pattern as the rug.Right

now I making my very first 12 inch square.I only have to

2 rows to finish, after that, I'm starting the bookmarks

for the bookmarkswap. I guess that's it for now.:hook

Well since tomorrow we're heading out on vacation my WIPs will be WFTR (works for the road)

I'm going to work on granny squares for premmie blankets

Tiggzie's winged hair kerchef

Some scrunchies

On my hook:

63 squares afghan

Arrowhead MAM, have yet to restart that

Roses afghan

Capelet I'm copying from a picture

pair of socks

That's it for hooks, everything else is on knitting needles and I guess doesn't count.

Finished: Pineapple pillowghan

:frog

:blush An embarassing WIP Wed for me. From my list last week the only thing that I got finished was the summer scarves. Yea. That's it. :lurk

So, still on my list is the 2nd slipper in a pair for my daughter, my mary jane's, the tunisian jacket, the shrug, the comfortghan sq. , and now I have also added to the list by starting another project :kick a draped jacket thingie from craftster. I guess I am in some sort of slump. Deneen told me to do some dishcloths. So I am going to try that. Believe it or not I have never made one before. :blink

Well, I've really only got one WIP this week, because I put all my other WIPs aside to do it. Squares and the organization of three comfortghans for some very old and very special friends who I consider family. (So if you want to help, please click the link in my signature!)

Its WIP Wednesday!!!

Now that the In Vogue purse is done, I can take THAT off my list! :whew

1) The ripple-along comforter in LB Homespun:

http://t-mobilepictures.com/photo/photo08/80/db/610354dd9d66.jpg?tw=305&th=228&_rh=74etma7w7lw0qtvov5b1yo8bs

2) A Wool-Ease tam in black that I'll wear with my faculty robes at every Commencement (and then all my colleagues will be jealous):

http://t-mobilepictures.com/photo/photo04/54/1c/2d1790565d61.jpg?tw=305&th=228&_rh=ay8hs0uelqlwv1ovc8t9sjh7r

3) Squares for Maryann's Comfortghan (hi Maryann!) :ghug

4) A baby bath hoodie for our expectant 3rd horn player in the Symphony (does having the yarn & pattern count as a WIP?) :blush

Enjoy WIP Wednesday!

:rose Catherine

June 1st, 2005

OK...so I've cleaned out my craft room and can say with certainty that I have the following WIPs:

1-Di's Hooded Scarf pattern

2-mohair shawls (one in pale blue & one in camel)

1-Guardian Angel Afghan

1-35 or 36 Square Afghan (12 squares done)

1-Sylvia Cosh Sweater

1-Scarf hanger (had forgotten all about it)

1-apron pattern I'm designing as I go

And although I have the afghan & sweater done for my nephew, I still want to make a hat, booties & thumbless mittens & maybe a stuffed animal to complete the set.

My very first WIP Wednesday! Here is my list:

- Heart motif to sew on my daughters purse

- Snowflake Afghan

- Bookmarks for the exchange (3 done 7 to go)

- Blue and White Doily

- I almost forgot... the 63 Squares Afghan!

Not too bad. I used to only work on one project at a time, but since I've joined this group I've found too many great project ideas!:P

I have put aside my ruffly baby hat and am making another baby sweater. Those are addicting! They are fast and don't use up that much yarn so I'm depleting my baby colors stash fast. I also have a pair of socks to finish, but I'm not fond of the size. They fit, but they're not snug, so they may get frogged.

I am 99.5% finished with this purple handbag I originally started for my sister but now "crocheted bags just arent her thing". Oh well. Keep it for myself I guess.

I really need to get kicking with a this baby blanket for a friend.

I still have Piper's baby blanket I started oh - a year ago.

This week I'm working on my lawn goose Charlie's outfit.

He's going to Hogwarts, Gryffindor house! :) I have his hat and scarf almost done. Then his black robe is partly done, it's very boring to make though.. the robe is.

Just need to dig around and find more of the scarf/hat yarn, so I can add fringe to the scarf and a poof to the hat.

Well I have done pretty good this week.

1 My little pink pineapple dress is done and fits her perfect. She will wear it in the wedding. I just need to find a pretty slip for it. And get a picture of her in it.

2.Almost have the comfort ghan done for the little girl.:clap

3. have been working on the kitchen and bath swap

4. Have finished 4 book marks.:hook

sondra

This is my first WIP, I'm kinda excited...gee..who would have thought someone could be excited about listing the projects they haven't completed :think

Any hoo...I don't have that much, not like some of you all...

1. Baby blanket for Sister-in Law's sister-only 5 rows done

2. Afghan for me

3. Need to put sqaures together from a previous swap to make an afghan

OK...that's it! :hook