WIP Wednesday

Deb

1. Daughter's afghan - finished except for border which I can't decide on :think

2. Best friend's T&Q chenille afghan - halfway!

3. Inspired scarf - DONE

4. Kate's ripple afghan - on hold

5. Cathedral window afghan (got my yarn, won't actually start til the weekend)

6. String bag x 2 (http://www.sugarncream.com/pattern.php?PID=133) - BOTH DONE

7. Round ripple baby afghan - 2/3 done, man that thing goes fast!

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My WIPs!

:rememberWork Doily - "Mocha" (from Leisure Arts Book "Sugar and Cream Doilies") Almost done, just three rounds to go... but three times in the past two days I finished a round only to find a mistake in the previous one. :eek Kinda killed my spirit.

:rememberHome Doily - "Shell" Doily (from vintage doily book) Round 15. I really need to finish this so I can use the rest of the ball for something cool. :P

Completed!

:checkHanging Dishcloth It's for my boyfriend. Part of a set I'm making up for him... I'm visiting him in two weeks, I should really get on it!

Oh I swear my list is growing instead of shrinking ...

I finally finished my second star blanky ... well I still need to weave in the ends I couldnt find my needle earlier tho so i need to keep looking

My ripple afghan that Is on hold till its colder out

a 2 square granny square purse for DH's cousin ... have the squares made and then ran out of yarn ... so I picked some yarn up but still havent finished it ...

2 four square granny square purses for my nieces just started tonight with my left over carron ss brites yarn ...

granny square afghan for my mom just started tonight made all of one square to show her what it would look like ....

um i think theres more

i think theres a large granny square ghan in my closet that needs to be done too

oh man the ever growing list and the ever growing stash

Currently,

1. Green afghan

2. Blue and white prayer shawl

3. Butterfly doily

I just finished a floral doily with yellow roses and am three quarters of the way done with the prayer shawl. I put the afghan away for the summer because it's almost done but too hot to work on right now. I just started the butterfly doily. If I can get my son to take pictures of them with his digital camera, I may get to post them on the forum.

Wendyb532

I'm so glad to see that other's, like myself, work on multipule projects at the same time. :D My niece can't understand how I work on several projects while she stays with one until it's completed.

What I'm working on. . .

1) Most currently working on baby blanket for son's friends.

2) The edging is needed to complete a Martha's Stewart's Going Home poncho (pattern provided by Lion Brand).

3) A "UBW" hat (Dot's famous "ugly but warm" hat) started in May needs to finished.

4) Then there's that ripple afghan that I got bored with earlier this year and put away. I'd really like to finished it before the year ends.

I finished a couple of tote bags and some water bottle holders earlier this month.

Sorry, I haven't figured out to post pictures.

Good morning everyone! Nice to see I'm not the only one with "THE LIST" ;) Here are my current projects:

1. Two pink baby blankets (friend of mine is having twin girls!!)-I bought the yarn, thats a step in the right direction!! *lol*

2. Bolster Pillow for my mom-85% complete

3. Watermelon halter set-20% complete

Other than that, I'm pretty caught up! :clap

:manyheart Megan:manyheart

WIP:

* baby afghan for SIL (about 60% done)

* afghan for myself...although I haven't picked it up in a few weeks, so does that really count?

* um, well, still looking for yarn to make afghan for my best friend. I tried a certian pattern and couldn't figure it out (no matter how many times I tried it!) so I scrapped the idea. Now I found a pattern and can't find the right yarn. Been to 2 stores already...but I'll keep looking!

THAT'S IT!

Finished::woo

:yay basketweave washcloth for friend

:clap loop to loop dishcloth for MIL

My WIPs!

:rememberHome Doily - "Shell" Doily (from vintage doily book) Round 15... yes, still. :P

:rememberDishcloth - It will match the hanging one I made for my boyfriend. I'm visiting him in a week and a half :woo and am making a set to give him. I don't think he'd appreciate a doily, so kitchen stuff it is. ;)

Completed!

:check"Mocha" Doily - Check out its thread for pics! ^_^

Can I just say that I'm scared of doilies!! I can't imagine actually making one! I admire those who do!!

Seems like SO much work! Do they take a while? Or are they fairly simple?

I don't know............they still just seem scary!!!!

Oh I swear my list is growing instead of shrinking ... but I did get some stuff finished this week

2nd Starghan -- still have to weave in ends

Ripple afghan -- still waiting for cold weather

two square granny square purse -- just need to do finishing on it

granny square ghan -- still only 1 square done

baby hat -- not sure if its gonna work or if im gonna frog it and follow a pattern

FINISHED:

3 dish cloths

4 square granny square purse

and I know this isnt crochet but i made 6 pairs of earrings yesterday

The more I finish the more I start ... this seems to be a vicious circle! I love this thread though; I can look at it and see that I AM making progress despite the projects everywhere I turn :)

1. Daughter's afghan - DONE

2. Best friend's T&Q chenille afghan - still only halfway!

3. Inspired scarf - DONE last week

4. Kate's ripple afghan - barely started .. about 4" done :)

5. Cathedral window afghan (still on hold, questioning my color choices now ... go figure!)

6. String bag x 2 - DONE last week

7. Round ripple baby afghan - DONE

8. Squares for Dman's comfortghan - DONE and sent

9. Fisherman's crochet afghan for Mom (this one's going to be a long-term project!) - foundation row done!

10. Squares for the Random Square Swap - ok, so it hasn't officially started yet, I'm the world's best procrastinator so I better start now!

:blushI must admit all the UFO's I have: Before signing up with C'ville, I was working on a Rose Bower Bedspread motifs, then it turned into doilies, then now I am working on a Mile A Minute Afghan PLUS on the other exchanges I belong to I have to do a dishtowel topper, and for august anything in pastels.....holy moo! Now I want to start on fridgies. Somebody (other than my husband) stop me......:devil

Melannie

Melannie,

Thanks :) It's a Lion Brand free pattern: http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/chs-autumnAfternoonAfghan.html

It's the first thing I decided I wanted to make when I started learning to crochet, and I'm finally getting around to it. It's done in Homespun (the colors I used are Colonial & Blue Sky. If you decide to do it (& use homespun as they recommend) I'd buy one skein extra of each.. or at least the main color. I think I'll have enough to finish it, but I'm running pretty tight so I'm not letting any scraps get away!

It's quite easy.. I've been getting most of mine done at redlights & on my work breaks. :D

Edited to add an extra 'n' to Melannie :blush

Well, I got ALOT of work done, added more WIP and did a few projects that I didn't have planned at all!!

Updates in BOLD

Slowly making their way towards completion:

1. 6 ft long x 5ft wide chenille afghan for me...3 skeins done...14 more to go!:cheer

2. Halter top for my daughter....DONE

3. 5 inch teddy bear for my youngest son...DONE.

4. Turtleneck sweater for me....FROGGED

5. Baby afghan for next door neighbor (she is due in 3 weeks)...DONE

6. 35 Sqaures for Random Square Swap.....4 done

7. Sarafina Shawl...50% done...need more yarn!

Made Unexpetedly:

1. Baby Sweater, 2 hats & 2 pairs booties for neighbor

2. Cowgirl hat for me

3. 4 Squares for Random Square Swap

4. Another Halter for daughter

Wanting to make next:

1. Poncho & skull cap for daughter...SKULL CAP DONE

2. Slippers for me

3. Tank top for daughter DONE

4. Little gifties for RAOKs

5. Towel toppers for my kitchen & bathroom

6. Roses tissue box cover for my bathroom

7. Cowboy boots tissue box cover for my living room

1. beach coverup1

2. Triple Play - done

3. tanktop

4. Seed Stitch Scarf

5. Royal blue Diagonal Scarf

6. Helicopter Sweater

7. Stained Glass Afghan

8. curliegirl hat- 95 % finished (why don't I just do it?)

9. white scarf

10. beach coverup2

11. scarf - alpaca

12 Wool diagonal shawl

13. Solomon's knot shawl

14. cable scarf

15. yellow shawl -done

16. bra #1

17. Bra#2

WIP:

* baby afghan for SIL (about 60% done)

* afghan for myself...although I haven't picked it up in a few weeks, so does that really count?

* um, well, still looking for yarn to make afghan for my best friend. I tried a certian pattern and couldn't figure it out (no matter how many times I tried it!) so I scrapped the idea. Now I found a pattern and can't find the right yarn. Been to 2 stores already...but I'll keep looking!

Same as above.....

And now I've added the 35 square swap. It've tried I don't know how many patterns and finally decided on just a basic granny square (for now until I figure out my gauge issue :box) So, we'll see how that goes.

Right now I have two square finished. 33 to go....... (I'm not sure how I feel about that -- I feel like for all the crocheting I've done for these squares I should definitely have more finished! But I'm learning.......patience maybe?? :think Not too sure what the lesson is quite yet. Don't quit, keep trying cuz SOME of them actually do work?? LOL I don't know--but I'm having fun picking through the limited colors I have to create something I may not have thought of otherwise.....)

1. Table runner

2. White medallion afghan - only have about 7 medallions left to do!!

3. Oval rug crocheted with fabric strips - about 1/3 done.

4. 48 Variegated squares for a swap - only need 3 more!!!

Now to just find the time..........

Tammy:hook

The ghan for Pine Ridge (almost done)

couple baby blankets for charity in progress.

Couple hats started (for charity)

I also have to start Christmas presents...

I am making everyone in the immediate (hubby and boy and step kids and grandkids) Kim's Alphabet Pillows I figure the first letter of each of their names would be a cute "personalized" homemade gift, also making shawls for daughter and daughter-in-law.