WIP Wednesday

Deb

Currently I only have 2 things going ... I have a LONG list of things I would like to make tho! :lol

1. Ripple Afghan

2. A poncho for my husbands cousin. Its the same pattern that I posted b4 but I'm doing it with some fancy yarn and TLC amore ... right now im frogging it because i decided to put a stripe in :lol yea and the stupid fancy yarn is killin me

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. The knitted poncho for a christmas present. Still have to go and buy more yarn, but I want to use the yummy yarns that my Grandmother gave me first.

2. A poncho for myself, I used the pattern that my Crochetville secret pal sent me. (I will finish it this week, I promise)

3. The cabled knitted sweater for my friend at work. I decided to modify this pattern, but I have until the start of fall to finish this one.

4. The crochet tote bag for myself. I want to finish this one, but other projects end up calling my name louder.

5. Pike Place Market Bag, I started it, but now I need more wool. I guess I have to wait until payday

6. Flip-flops for my step-daughter, will probably finish these tonight. Yep I did finish them.

7. Flip-flops for my self

9. Knitted slippers for yet another co-worker. I thinking I'm outfitting half of our staff.

Look I kept my list in the single digits.

WIM's

More coffee cozies

A bingo dabber bag for my MIL

A poncho for my Step-daughter

63 Square Afghan

And a whole squack of others

Crocheted Monkey:cheer

4) A baby bath hoodie for our expectant 3rd horn player in the Symphony (does having the yarn & pattern count as a WIP?) :blush

Enjoy WIP Wednesday!

:rose Catherine

Oh lordy, if it did, I'd have a SUPER long list! I've been so busy squirrelling away patterns and the yarn to make them for some time now, if I got locked in this house for a year, I'd have plenty to keep me occupied, that's for sure! :eek One of these days I need to take an inventory of them all and see just how long that list really is! :D

I usually forget all about WIP Wednesday, usually remembering on Friday or Saturday, lol! So, since I'm here, might as well add my own. Despite my WIM list, the WIPs are currently down to one (I'm not counting the WIPs that have been temporarily set aside, of which there are quite a few, but it's been weeks since I've touched them.):

A little over 2/3 of the way through with my Seraphina shawl in laceweight yarn. I'm making it from Shimmer which is the baby alpaca and silk yarn from KnitPicks. This one is in the colorway called "Morning Mist". :c9

And that's it. I am hoping to have it completed in about one more week. I have many other projects waiting in the wings to rush in and take it's place once it's complete, including projects for my bathroom and kitchen swap and some stuff I want to make for my secret pal. But I've found that I don't get very far at all with any of my projects when I try to split my attention among them all, and I've been consumed with working on this Seraphina - especially since I want to be able to wear it this summer! The weather has so far been absolutely perfect for this item, I'm hoping we don't suddenly shoot up into the 90's the day after I finish it and want to wear it!

I have some progress pics up on my blog, though the most recent is over a week old now. I thought about posting a current shot of it, but decided I would wait until it's done, since I'm getting so close now.

Okay, I'm off to continue my project, will be posting it in Show and Tell when done... :hook

This is my first time posting here for WIP Wednesday, but I've been posting in my blog ;-)

Anyway, I've got these going:

A shawl for me (made from a frogged poncho)

Two ponchos for my daughters

I bought some yarn today for their Christmas ghans, but haven't technically started.

Hmm - wow, that's all! :eek:eek:eek

I'm posting this at least before we leave for VBS since I have no idea when we'll get home this evening.

Since last week:

Finished the pillowghan and sent it off, They loved it :yay

Have not started back on the arrowhead MAM or the 63 squares

Have started the red roses on the roses afghan, haven't made anymore yellow ones, need 5 more of them since I need 8 of each color.

I'm just about finished with the two-tone pink ankle sock and am knitting some (if knitting counts ;) )

Started a tank top I wrote about yesterday in Other Crochet Topics, it's low on the list though.

That's all I can think of right now.

:frog

1. beach coverup1

2. TLC Amore Shawl

3. tanktop

4. Seed Stitch Scarf

5. Royal blue Diagonal Scarf

6. Helicopter Sweater

7. Stained Glass Afghan

8. curliegirl hat

9. white scarf

10. beach coverup2

11. Filet? scarf

12. dishcloth

13. Solomon's knot shawl

14. 2 shawls

June 7th, 2005

I have the following WIPs:

1-Di's Hooded Scarf pattern

2-mohair shawls (one in pale blue & one in camel)

1-Guardian Angel Afghan

1-35 or 36 Square Afghan (12 squares done)

1-Sylvia Cosh Sweater

1-Scarf hanger (had forgotten all about it)

1-apron pattern I'm designing as I go (frogged & now using the Daisy Apron pattern)

Putting Patti's comforghan together

But I did finish:

~ Made another Loopi to send to Rita Weiss & Jean Leinhauser

~ Made about 6 bookmarks

~ Designed on paper about 5 new designs (with basic instructions which now need to be worked up & tested.

~ more kitchen stuff for Kitchen/Bath swap (been really busy with that)

All this while I've been sick with a terrible flu that has kept me in bed for almost a week & weak as a baby.

I am shocked at myself.....I only have 2 WIP's to speak of.

The Tunisian Jacket which I am thinking it will turn into a UFO before I know it

And a shrug for my daughter

I feel empty...:lol . I need to go start some more things.

Is it really Wensday again, (I guess that's what I get for being out of town for 4 days), so here's my list

1. The knitted poncho for a christmas present. I'm going to buy and skien of the boa this week so I can work on it

2. A poncho for myself, I used the pattern that my Crochetville secret pal sent me. (Still haven't finished it, I forgot to bring it with me down to High River to work on)

3. The cabled knitted sweater for my friend at work. I decided to modify this pattern, but I have until the start of fall to finish this one.

4. The crochet tote bag for myself. I want to finish this one, but other projects end up calling my name louder.

5. Pike Place Market Bag, I started it, but now I need more wool. I guess I have to wait until payday

6. Knitted slippers for yet another co-worker. One done, part way through the second, just have to sew them together.

Look I kept my list in the single digits.

FO's

My step daughters flip flops

My flip flops

Fulled Cell phone cozie (pattern currently be tested, will post this weekend)

3 coffee cozies

WIM's

More coffee cozies

A bingo dabber bag for my MIL

A poncho for my Step-daughter

63 Square Afghan

And a whole squack of others

I finished 2 WIP this week and will finish my 3rd today.

I got the doily shawl finished and a pink baby pineapple afghan finished as well.

The WIP I will finish today (as I'm entering it in the fair tomorrow) is my queen size rippleghan. I've been working on it off and on for about 6 months now.

I CAN DO IT!

:hook

Let's see...Here's what I'm working on (a day late):

Made 2 more bookmarks for the swap this week, but the pansy bookmark doesn't look right to me. Will try to fix it or may put it in a pile for Christmas gift tags instead. The other one may get sidetracked to my sis for her birthday because it's purple and that's her favorite color.

Still need to finish my sunshine lace afghan border (but it's just too dang hot to put an afghan on my lap right now :hot--96 degrees yesterday )

Started my first pair of socks! I'm very excited, but nervous. I'm using a different yarn than the pattern recommended, so I hope they still are okay.

This weekend I'll be starting that mesh beach bag on the Sugar and Cream label for my friend, who's birthday is in 2 weeks. She and her boyfriend always go to Cape May, NJ, for the Fourth of July weekend, so I want to mail it in time for her to take it with her. A friend of mine just made this as her first crochet project, and it looks real cute and was super fast to make.

How do the rest of you get so many things done?? :eek I'm so slow by comparison, LOL. Patty

I feel so inadequate after reading everyone's list of WIP! I just finished a throw for my daughter's birthday and I'm making another one for her brother. I'm under a huge time crunch because I have to have it finished by Sunday night, but it's a giant granny square and it's going super fast. Then I'll be making one more for her sister. I'm also working on dishcloths, a half-finished bath pouf, and an afghan that I started about 7 years ago, although I haven't touched that in months.

I'm a day late too but here's what I"m doing:

1: Tie and a pineapple shawl for our pastor and his wife

2: Rose afghan

3: 63 squares

4: Some knit socks

5: Crochet socks

6: Knit basketweave scarf

7: Knit dishcloth

I'm sure I'm forgetting something but this is enough, doncha think? :blush

1. beach coverup1

2. TLC Amore Shawl -finished

3. tanktop

4. Seed Stitch Scarf

6. Helicopter Sweater

7. Stained Glass Afghan

8. curliegirl hat

9. white scarf

10. beach coverup2

11. scarf - alpaca

12. dishcloth

13. Solomon's knot shawl

14. diagonal shawl

15. yellow shawl

This list never gets shorter:)

I have never posted on this thread but here goes....

1 granny square afghan

1 lapghan

1 baby dress

1 pair of baby pants

There was a dress I was making before I found out I was pregnant that wasn't going well. I am in the process of frogging it because I doubt it will fit me any better after having a baby. So the frogging is the WIP because it is ribbon yarn and I have to be careful.

I also have about 3 or 4 things I need to weave the ends in but I hate doing it so I wait until I have a pile and do it all at once.

Rachel

yarnyviolet - I'm a newbie to this thread to, but I'm going to give it a go!

1) A brown scarf in Paton's Creme de la Creme (a dream to work with, just like chocolate marshmallow) - only a few rows left

2) a purple turtleneck shrug (I'm knitting it so it'll be a WIP for months to come!)

3) A rainbow afghan (not due for a birthday until October so it'll be a while too)

4) 2 bags that I have in my mind and 1 on paper. I count them as WIPs because I feel they are in progress from when I start the design process!

5) I picked up the wool for a felted hook case today because it was the last day they were ahving a sale (like I said, the process has started so even though I haven't touched my hook yet, it feels in progress)

Here are my WIPs for the week

1. rectangle granny blanket to be donated to the Linus Project

2. 6" granny squares to be donated to make afghans for Pineridge Indian Reservation

3. knitted dishcloth, Its about 1/2 way done.

4. scrap toddler afghan to be donated to the Linus Project. I won't finish this one till I finish the first one listed.

There may be more...my yarn/projects are not allowed in the computer room...they might take over there too :laughroll:rofl

Barbara

My list isnt that long

1. Starghan -- I have like 5 rounds left to do ... it will either be today or tommarow

2. Ripple afghan -- its way to hot to work on this so I've put it down for a while.

3. Ponch -- I just have to weave the ends in

4. purse to match the poncho -- I have 2 pieces that need to be put together and I need to make a handle but I ran out of yarn I also have to sew up the lining for it

5. Tripple play (skirt/shirt/capelet) -- just started

Almost finished the pineapple shawl, still working on the tie

Made a few more roses for the rose afghan

Still haven't done anything on the 63 squares

Haven't done anything on the knit or crochet socks

Haven't done anything on the basketweave scarf

Finished the knit dishcloth

I'm also detangling a 35 gallon tote of tangled yarn. Not all of it is tangled, I just have to get through the tangles to get to the bottom of the tote. Since Monday night I've almost got it all done.

I've put aside everything but the tie and shawl, those need to be done first, then the rose afghan then I can pick and choose. I probably won't be taking any more special orders, it's time to do things for myself, I think :wink

~ DH's anniversary afghan - I might get done by NEXT year!

~ dishcloths - for my cousin's missionary daughter

~ bookmarks to give my aunts, uncles and cousins at the family reunion

1. beach coverup1

3. tanktop

4. Seed Stitch Scarf

6. Helicopter Sweater

7. Stained Glass Afghan

8. curliegirl hat

9. white scarf

10. beach coverup2

11. scarf - alpaca

12. dishcloth

13. Solomon's knot shawl

15. yellow shawl

Items #2 and 14 were finished. In addition to them I made a hat and a headband.

New item#2 mittens for crochet-along

I finally sat down and compiled a list of what I had in progress. I really need to finish some of it before starting anything new :blush

I included the two UFOs I want to finish too.

A Rose in Bloom afghan-size I hook

2 thread ties-a red one in a pineapple pattern-size 8 hook and a blue one in hdc-size 10 hook

A Cocoon sweater-size K hook

A 63 squares afghan-size H hook, could be anything from G to K, depending on pattern

A pair of crocheted socks in baby yarn, 2 colors of pink-size E hook

A pair of knit socks in RHSS camo-size 3 dpn

A pair of knit socks in baby yarn-lilac-size 3 dpn

A pair of knit slipper socks in Caron SS-baby varigated-size 7 circ

A crochet tank top-size G hook

A sherbet tank top-size H hook

A knit basketweave scarf-size 10½ straight needles

A crochet eyelet wrap-size J hook

A doily for the doily swap in Aunt Lydia's ecru-size 7 hook(hope that's ok with my swap partner, AL is the only thread I can afford)

Finish detangling that tote of yarn, almost there, just got tired of it, plus I need to finish that shawl and those ties. There's some more stuff in there that needs frogging too.

A beret from the Homespun I used on my black/white pineapple shawl.-size K hook

2 mini-shawls-black in size 0 hook and blue in size F hook, same pattern as the pineapple shawls I've been making only in lighter yarn and smaller hook. This is really an experiment to see what it'll do, it could flop or it could fly.

A knit dishcloth-size 8 needles

A crochet dishcloth-size H hook

A Fleuri Bag-needs to be lined and put together

UFOs I found that I want to finish:

An arrowhead afghan-if I can find the colors I'm using-size ? hook, will have to experiment, not sure if I used hook specified in pattern or went larger.

A scrap afghan in the step pattern-I'm calling it Around the World in 80 Scraps-it's in the quilt pattern called Around the World and I probably can find 80 different scraps to use in it.-size H hook

I guess I better get to hooking :hook

I figured as long as I still remembered what size hook/needles I was using I'd better put that there too just in case memory failed when I pick the project back up :wink

I don't have to much going on...

1. Afghan for ME

2. Put together all the squares from Swap to make afghan(for me)

3. Finish the American flag afghan(which would really only take 2 evenings to get done)

That's it for this week! :clap

1. Starghan (I'm almost done ... just have one more round to do and then i have to weave in my ends

2. Granny square purse ( I finnaly got more yarn so I could finish up the handle)

3. Ripple Afghan (not working on it till it starts to cool down again)