2007 Pattern-A-Day Calendar

shebear

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I picked up mine at Joann's yesterday too, with the 50% coupon. And there are some great patterns in it! (No, I can't wait till next yeqar to look at it!) Can I make on teensy little complaint? Seems to me there were lots of patterns that were spread out to two or three (or even more!) days that could have been consolidated down to 1 or 2. No, I'm not really complaining, and yes, I know that I am getting hundreds of patterns for the price of what, 2 crochet magazines, so don't jump and start yelling at me for being an ingrate. But, really, there were some patterns that had instructions on one-third of the page and then the rest of the instructions on one-third of another page, all of which could have been on one sheet/one day. I saw several of Dot's and other villagers patterns on there (Yea!! :cheerCongrats to you all!) and I can't imagine that after the immense popularity on this forum alone of last year's calendar, that they didn't receive enough patterns for a whole year. But may I thank them profusely, from the bottom of my heart, for no tissue-box cover patterns. I hope I'm not insulting anyone who likes tissue box covers, but 4 patterns in this year's calendar were enough. I'm so glad they're showing more cutting edge designs, including an awesome bikini I could have worn 20 years ago and can now only say "I remember when..."

Patty

Same here..they told me December for a release date!

I know!!! First they pushed it from September to October and then to December. I just canceled the order. I'm not paying shipping and waiting for Dec.

Just ordered both the crochet and the knit calendars from Amazon...supposedly I won't receive them until December, but I can wait...I've got more than enough on my plate to begin with...

As far as some of the patterns being on two or three pages, maybe they didn't get enough submissions? Just a thought...

Thanks for all the info. My Barnes & Noble didn't have it. There is another one close by my work, so I will check there. Last year my friend gave me one and I had all ready bought one. Two !! Yes. I have one at work on my desk which is nice and one at home to work with, so even if she does get me one, I will have 2 again. Fine by me. Last year we found them at Boarders, and that store closed down this year. So I will need to look at places or order online (not walmart).

Debbi

Got it at Joann's with a half-off coupon. Hate to sound so curmudgeonly, but quite a number of the best patterns are already on the Internet free. (One of mine was in last year's calendar, and it has been on the Web for free.) And, there's no way to browse the calendar before buying the way you can with a book.

Don't get me wrong, not really complaining as I love the calendar - I didn't get last years, so am a crochet calendar newbie. I do however, have other "page a day" calendars. I agree with Patty. I too, thought that some of the patterns could have been on less pages - just quit repeating the photo. I can't imagine that they couldn't get enough patterns to fill the year. Also, the paper it is printed on could have been a bit better - very flimsy. To many shawls and doll clothes. I like them alright, but there are other patterns that could have been included to make more variety. The calendar is good, but compared to other page a day calendars, the quality is not there.

Hate to sound so curmudgeonly, but quite a number of the best patterns are already on the Internet free.

Again? That was my biggest pet peeve about last year's.

I realize we're getting a good deal by getting so many patterns for a low cost and "all in one place". However I just don't think doing it twice in a row is smart.

And, there's no way to browse the calendar before buying the way you can with a book.

My second biggest pet peeve.

Maybe I'll rip one open anyway and look through it. Yes I'm the bad girl. :P

I'm also going to agree that there's too many patterns out there that they should have made it "a pattern a day".

My copy showed up Saturday and I'm in it! My bear is August 25/26--heh I made the weekend! Since mine is not on the web, the only other place to get it would be my binder of stuff. I did notice that many of the patterns I already had printed off the web or had at least seen there, but that's okay. It is nice to have them in one place with good pictures (sometimes my printer doesn't like to do pictures).

Kitty

Congratulations Irishkitty...I look forward to receiving my copy of the calendar and seeing your pattern, which falls on my sister's birthday (August 25th!)

So you got yours already? Woo Hoo! I hope I get mine soon. I have a scarf pattern in it. :clap

Tina

My copy showed up Saturday and I'm in it! My bear is August 25/26--heh I made the weekend! Since mine is not on the web, the only other place to get it would be my binder of stuff. I did notice that many of the patterns I already had printed off the web or had at least seen there, but that's okay. It is nice to have them in one place with good pictures (sometimes my printer doesn't like to do pictures).

Kitty

Hello all,

I am hearing such nice things about this calendar but I can't find it. I tried Amazon, Crafters Choice, Barnes and Nobles and one that starts with a Z. I can see the 2006 one (but it says sold out).

I haven't tried Joann's yet as I just moved to VA from Maine and haven't seen a Joann's yet.

Any help??

Smile

Kidge

:woo Woo Hoo! I got my calendar today! :yay :yay :yay I was not expecting to get it so fast, after reading it won't be in til December... Yay! My pattern is on the October 12th page. I can't wait to look at the rest of it; I see a cute turtle hot pad or something... :hook

Tina

I got one at Joann's on Saturday, I had a great time browsing through it. Saw lots of people that I know from here. Other's in it, I think might, but since we know each other from our user names, I am not always sure if it's the person I think it is. :think

I have 5 patterns in it, though One is not the copy that was suposed to be in it. I sent a corrected copy but apparently it go lost in the shuffle. So the scarf pattern is not correct. Not sure if they are going to post a corrections page on the net, will have to check into that. Anyone wanting the correct copy it is on my website.

Personally I don't care if the patterns are already posted someplace on the internet. As I don't go browsing for patterns that way. Just takes to long to sort through, Much prefer to just flip a page.

I can think of several people I intend to send one of these this year. Should make a nice Christmas gift or two.

I guess I will have to go to Joanns or Sams Club! My daughter works at Barnes and Noble in shipping and recieving and she said she hasn't seen them come in yet and as far as she can see they aren't listed anywhere to come in to her store.:(

I went to Barnes and Noble yesterday to buy it and they were out..and getting no more in. So as soon as I got home I ordered it. Was a must have. Should be here by Friday. I cant wait.

I also have some patterns in there:cheer if you want to see the details are on my blog.

Like Kathy (Katchkan), one of my patterns is not the correct one. The cotton baby hat, doesnt have a pattern in there, they mistakenly repeated the mittens pattern for that. They didnt ask me for the finished pattern, and I didnt know which of my patterns would come up in the calendar. I will just have to finish the hat pattern and post it here or on my blog later. :hook

omigosh.. I should have bought a handful of the calendars when I got mine at Sam's on Sunday as I didn't know how hard they were to find for everyone. I paid about $8 for mine and they had quite a few of them. Decent calendar, however I agree with some PP about free patterns being in there from online. I'm really glad I bought one though as there are some great submissions in there..kudos to the designers that frequent here!

i ordered mine from barnes and noble got it in today. the shipping was 1/2 as much as the calender. ended up paying close to 20.00 for it. but i was just glad i finally found someone to get it from. as large as my town is. sometimes getting stuff here is just the pitts

Anyone know if Hobby Lobby will get it? Or does anyone have extra Jo-Ann fabric 50% off coupons? I don't get their flyer anymore...their yarn selection was pitiful 18months ago, so I dropped out. I want one! (Hobby Lobby has 40% off online coupons periodically...so if they get the book...yay for me...)

Archived