2007 Pattern-A-Day Calendar

shebear

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yay! Got my copy from Calendars.com last night. I could not even stop to go make dinner (and I was starving!) because I had to go through the whole thing to check it out first. :lol

I picked up mine a couple of weeks ago too. I missed out last year, as no stores had them in my town. But this year, I went one of those calendar stores that pop up around this time of year, and they had one. I bought it immediately and started flipping through it. I was sorta disappointed that patterns go over for so many days too, and also that there are so many free patterns. (Ones that I have already........)

But there are some things I am planning on making, but over all I dont know how i feel about it........not as excited as I thought I would be........

I tried to make some of the items, the cat mouse toy, and it is filled with typos...I dont' have time to work on them as I am working on bazaar items for me to sell

But I really was disappointed by all the white space and deleberate spacing of the patterns on the pages...I guess she didn't get that many patterns this yr and had to separate it that way? I have been working on some new patterns and haven't decided if I am selling the patterns or putting them on my free sites...so no pics until I decide as I have been burned by showing work beforehand and others would work off of my design...

well Anyone else having the issues with typos with the calendar?

Anyone else having the issues with typos with the calendar?

I haven't found this year's version yet (as noted earlier in the thread, Costco is carrying almost every other pattern-a-day except crochet) but last year's was a real nightmare. No proofing at all. Their version of Trish Lewis's gorgeous linked triple crochet girl's poncho called for 23 (!!!!) total skeins of Caron SS, which would make it a poncho for an entire Brownie troop.

As I recall, many other patterns had errors as well. At some point, I compiled a list of everything clearly wrong with the 2006 calendar that I could identify without even attempting the patterns.

Now, don't get me wrong. It offers an awful lot of patterns for a very small price, which is a bargain -- even though a lot of the patterns are available free online, it's nice to have them printed out in a standard format and all in one place. But there doesn't appear to be a lot of proofreading or pattern testing, so be sure you read through the pattern completely to make sure it makes sense before you break your heart by starting something you can't finish.

Just my $.02....

--Elissa

I was so surprised when I saw this link, and the line about my turtle potholder pattern...I had almost forgotten about the calendar. My dog bone pattern is on the page too. You could blow me over with a feather right now!!!

For those who haven't had a peek: http://www.maggiescrochet.com/updates/update_page_Oct_25.htm

Congrats to all you fellow designers! Can't wait to get the calendar now!!:cheer

Well I would say get it, I got last years which was my first one, and I am hooked, no pun intended, lol. I was convinced by some friends on another list. I can't wait to get my paws on this one. Since I have a Sam's membership and some seem to be finding it there I think I'm going to be making a trip up there.

Just have to wait until I have some extra money first.

Yesterday while the calls were slow I decided to flip thru mine....I found about 15 or so items that I thought I would have to make!

The one that really made me laugh was the Itty Bitty Friendship Bra~I will for sure have to make some of those to mail to girlfriends!!

There are so many nice patterns!! Great job y'all!!:cheer

mgf~:yay

Well I would say get it, I got last years which was my first one, and I am hooked, no pun intended, lol. I was convinced by some friends on another list.

Last year was the first one ever.

I got it. I was fairly disappointed. I won't go into the reasons as I don't want to discuss it yet again. Honestly from what I've read in this thread so far, it looks like this isn't going to be any better and may in fact be slightly worse. No offense to anyone who's in it. My opinion isn't really about the designs in it.

Funny enough I may still get it.

I'm sorry to hear that, everybody has their opinions and not everyone can be happy with the same things, maybe possibly you might be happy with this one. There are times I think I'm going to be thrilled with pats, get them and am disappointed. That can be difficult especially when your really looking forward to it.

I got mine half off at the end of the season last year and will either get it at Sam's or get it at one of the craft stores with a coupon so I will not be paying full price for it. So maybe this is an option for you so if disappointed you didn't pay full price for it.

Kim

Empress, I loved the 2006 but have been very disappointed w/2007 and wish I could return it. One pattern in particular I was advised would be in it, and it was worth the cost to me for that pattern alone. It's not there :angry And there are many more multiple page patterns this year covering more than 2 or 3 pages (one wastes a whole week!!! :grumpy -- and by "waste" I mean that most of the pages are blank on the back and each one has a very large picture of the project. The whole thing could have very easily been condensed into 2 days worth...) Not to mention that I already had a number of the patterns in my files from free sites on the internet. I feel like I was "had".

If you're on the fence, save your $$s for something else...

I was unimpressed to say the least with 2006 edition, so there's no way I'm getting 2007 unless there's been a radical change between the two and it doesn't sound like it from the posts I've seen. It's a shame, because it's a good idea.

I know a lot of people are ticked that the sexy, lacy shrug that was said to be in it isn't there. I don't know if the designer was misled about it being included or what, but it's pretty lame.

Gee now I wish I knew what that shrug was. :lol

Nope, if you didn't like 2006 you won't be impressed with 2007 at all. It's true about the multi-page spanning patterns. I just like having it, and I think I found about as many from it as I did the 2006 for my WIM list, even if I have seen several of them online already. I suppose I would have last year too if I had been into the hobby at the time. :)

I guess I am more of a novice at crocheting but I really liked both of the calendars. :cheer

Yea there is alot of "free" patterns in them but I look at it like this....If I were to print off some of the patterns that I like and plan on doing I would have to figure in the cost of the ink I would use from my printer. ( I don't know about ya'll but the ink printer cartridges for my printer aren't cheap~so I actually saved money buying the calandars)

I have several friends who crochet and they are excited about the patterns in the calendars~if you don't like them give them away~I'm sure that there are people who have a RAOK list that would love several patterns mailed to them!

I come back to read the responses just to see what people have to say~sadly there are lots of negative responses!

If you are interested BUY it~if you aren't DON'T!

Yup ink is expensive for me too. My point was I already printed a lot off before there were ever any calendars and before I knew what was going to be in them.

I'm OC enough that I can't break up the calendar to give pages away.

And yes I know, don't buy if I don't want to BUT that's the point, I don't know because I can't look through it before hand. Plus mine was a gift last year.

Yesterday while the calls were slow I decided to flip thru mine....I found about 15 or so items that I thought I would have to make!

The one that really made me laugh was the Itty Bitty Friendship Bra~I will for sure have to make some of those to mail to girlfriends!!

There are so many nice patterns!! Great job y'all!!:cheer

I can't wait to hear the response to the Bra's you make...you know I'm kind of partial to that pattern, LOL :c9

Donna

Well, I went to Joann's today and picked up my copy of the calendar. I got lucky and had a 40% coupon from Michaels that they let me use, so I got it for a little over $8.00. So even if I only get 2 or 3 patterns from it, I will consider it a bargain.

I am not disappointed in this years and I know I will not be disappointed in next years. I am one of those people who will wait to open it till it is time.

One thing about the calendar is, if you don't like the pattern, there is someone out there who will.:hook

If those who complain that there are patterns that take up a couple of days, do you think the other craft calendars are different?

Archived