Christmas Gifts 2006- Along

ChayaSar

I keep getting distracted with swaps :P

I ahve finished a blanket for my cousins little girl and a matching stuffed mouse... I finished the mouse for her twin brother and need to buy a tad bit more yarn to finish the blanket...

Working my way through a cross stitch project of massive proportions for my youngest ds ( a full size monopoly board)

Bought the yarn to make felted tiny totes for all the girls....

AND a hook case for my MIL....

I did just finish 2 scarves and a couple of treats for my mom4x( my scarf swap partner).... and started my Halloween swap today....so many projects... so little time!:hook

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply
C-ville we have a problem!!! I've been working on this throw for my sil, the colors are Oasis, Country blue, light sage, Navy blue and Aran... well Aran is a no dye lot yarn, and I had to purchase more to finish the blanket... and the color is off, I noticed... and she's a crocheter... so i know she's gonna notice... i can't start it over, i'll never finish in time if i do.... what do i do if she hates it??? ya know, once i've decided to crawl back from under the rock i'm gonna hide under......

I can relate. I have alot of Aran and Off White yarns that don't match (some were RAOK'd me). My mom just got RAOK'd with yarn (same guy gave some last week), alot of it was Light Sage, Aran, Off White and different shades of blue (LOL). Some lables have #'s, even if they say "no dye lot". I always take a sample when I shop. I lay it along side the strands of a skien. If I can't "see" it, I know it's the right color. Hope this helps.

Ellie 13

I was making progress on my orniments and started my gifts, then... I got a little side tracked!!:eek I've made many things for halloween last week and will this week then.. I can get back to Christmas stuff!!:yay I just :manyheart all the holidays!!

P.S. Would homemade fudge cover it???

Huggles, Sunrisedq

Mashed Potato Fudge (yes potato!)

3 TBLS butter

3 oz. (3 squares) baking chocolate

1 Lb powdered sugar

1 tsp vanilla

1/3 C. mashed potato (leftovers or make instant flakes)

8 X 8 buttered pan

Melt butter + choc. in double boiler, add potato + vanilla, mix well. Remove from heat, add powered sugar, when it gets stiff, dump onto wax paper + knead the "dough". Press dough into pan + refridgerate. Very yummy!!

Ellie 13

Vickie, you probably have seen this already, but I just ran over it yesterday. Maybe someone else hasn't seen it yet. My mom also loves cute penguins, so maybe it has her name on it this year!:

http://www.angelfire.com/folk/celtwich/Penguin.html

That penguin is adorable - thanks for letting me know it was there.:hug

I am like a few others got a little side tracked with the halloween swap, but that is done and out of the way. Also have made about 10 dish clothes..completed a round ripple for my neices 1st bday in Jan. Started and couldn't put it down. but that is done now. I have also been working on 12 in squares for my GreatAunt's comfortghan..she has been diagnosed with lung and liver cancer, so we are all praying for her.

Well, I've completed all the squares for my Christmas afghan for my friends and am now sewing them together. I have discovered that this thing is WAY bigger than I imagined :lol . And this is before the final border I'm planning to crochet all the way around it. I'm hoping to get done before the end of the week, so that I can work on my OTHER Christmas projects...

I just got a whole box of yarn in the mail today - woohoo!!

Anyway, I think I have all the yarn I need now to make my christmas presents. :) I started on the "Bed of Roses" afghan from the new Crochet Today! magazine as a gift for my mom last night. And I'm still deciding on the pattern to use for the yarn I bought to make an afghan for my aunt. Those are the two "big" projects that I'm making a priority. The others are smaller, so I'll probably wip those up when I get bored with making afghans.

Blankieslipps.jpg

I finished the blanket a few weeks ago & had yarn leftover so I made a pair of slippers over the weekend from Erika Knight's Simple Crochet to go with it.

I might give the blanket a wash & attempt to block it as the bottom is weighed down a bit & out of shape. but other than that I'm happy to have one project ticked off!!!:yes

I am definently in!!

My first CAL ever!!!

I only joined last week and have found so much inspiration. I wanted to join a crochet-along and as it turns out I just spent the last weekend thinking about what to make everyone for christmas to show off my new found hobby!!!

I want to make afghans. 1 for = my boyfriend Clint, my sister Skye, my mum, my grandma.

I also want to make afghans for my Great Grandparents who are currently residing in Eventide Nursing Home in Charters Towers in Queensland, Australia.

My Great Grandma is blind and has alot of trouble moving around due to numerous falls and a broken hip. I want to make her one with lots of texture so she can feel how nice it is instead of seeing how pretty it looks. My Great-Grandad on the other hand, he can move around and has a four wheeler he zooms around on. He has Emphysema and not very long to live either with the need for an oxygen tank to always be with him. I think that I will make their afghans first and then work on the others after these are done.

Will keep you posted when I decide on patterns!!!

This is my first....'this is what I've done' post...... Late last week I finished all the squares for DH's king size afghan, now I just have to join them. :eek

Right now I"m also working on a blanket done in shells, for my DD in all kinds of colors. I let her pick out the colors for the most part to make sure she'd like it, but she doesn't get it until Christmas!!

I'm getting there......slowly but surely........

Blankieslipps.jpg

I finished the blanket a few weeks ago & had yarn leftover so I made a pair of slippers over the weekend from Erika Knight's Simple Crochet to go with it.

I might give the blanket a wash & attempt to block it as the bottom is weighed down a bit & out of shape. but other than that I'm happy to have one project ticked off!!!:yes

Lovely. May I ask what material the yarn you used is? Cotton, wool??

I need to work faster. I am almost half way done the ghan I'm working on (Pics in my blog, I am on square 13 now though). I have also finished a few washclothes. I have enjoyed reading how everyone is coming along on their Christmas gifts.

I'd like to join! I have a big list of things I want to get done before/for Christmas. A few purses, shawls, hat/scarf sets, an afghan (that I've just started!). And on top of that, I'd like to make a tree skirt and three stockings for my husband, son and myself. I found a great stocking pattern on the Michaels website a few months ago, saved the link. But when I went to get it last week, it was gone! That will teach me to save free patterns I like to my harddrive!

Thanks for starting this CAL, it will really help with motivation and inspiration!

im still stuck on what to make for christmas for my family.

My list is short though, it includes...

Grandma, Mum, Dad, Hubby, and my son.

And still no idea what to make. Any ideas.... :(

Julie, go back through some of these posts, most of us have listed what we're making for people, which could give you ideas. Hats or slippers would be nice if you need something quick. Afghans are always nice and there are the quick afghans with several strands of yarn that you could do if you're short on time. Otherwise regular afghans are nice. I may end up doing quick ones if at all for my family as it's getting short on time. You could do shawls for your grandma and mom, maybe a lap afghan that could be both (I was thinking of that for a friend).

Not sure what else. Maybe go through the show and tell section, that may help.

What do they like or are interested in? That may help you decide on what to make them.

Good luck.

Debbi

Archived