Christmas Gifts 2006- Along

ChayaSar

This is the CAL for me! I finished one present (A "coming home poncho" for my sister), I had to wrap it in Christmas paper so I would quit fussing over it!

Next to do is afghans for my BIL & SIL's on Dh's side (1 per couple makes 3)

& a kitchen rug and tea cozey for my (other) sister.

I will start with the afghans, and this time I'll take a picture BEFORE I wrap it- DUH!

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm still slogging away on the afghan for my friends...I'm sewing the squares as I go along, so it won't be a total nightmare at the end. Thankfully, the weather has cooled down, so working Brand Wool-ease Chunky isn't as stifling as before <g>. I've also lost my mind and have decided to knit a friend a sweater for Christmas...

Alright, I got the first outfit for Tootsie the toddler done.

blueandblackdolliexh6.th.jpg

I still want to get at least 2 more outfits made. Then I have the Horse to make and I going to make a shaw for the oldest of the girls.:hook

Lovely doll and dress!

I love hearing how people are finishing up their Christmas gifts, very inspiring! I'm plugging away at my afghan and crocheted and sewed more squares. One day I'll be finished (hopefully before Christmas). Of course I'm working on other items too.

This will be my 1st CAL Yeahhh:yay

I will get started as soon as I finish off the coat n hat I am working on now - I'm trying to finish off one thing before moving onto the next.

• I would love to make an afghan for my younger sister - it will be my 1st
  • slippers for my nephew
  • Hat n Scarf - friends
  • T cosy - just want to make one
  • A Christmasy item for ME

How exciting - this will make me keep on hooking...

I fianlly made my list of everything to be done ( guess I really need to speed up a bit here)

AuntieDishcloth/ scrubbie

SIL: Dishcloth/scrubbie/snowflake

ds#3 snowflake , x-stitch ( 3/4 done) cat toys, dishcloths & scrubbies done

dnp: stuffie

db: Buckeyes ( can't make until time to ship)

dnp: bookmark

Mom: hook case/ stitsch markers/ snowflake. scrubbies and dishcloths done

friends: 20 snowflakes for cards

ds#1 pillow I am transfering on, scrubbie, dishcloths, cat toys, snowflake

Grams: shawl ( working on fringe), scrubbie

ds#4 Cross stitch and hopefully a crocheted letter pillow

ds#1's gf: small felted bag, scrubbie, snowflake, dishcloth

ds#3'2 gf : small felted purse, tissue holder

cat toys for our cats ( 5)

SIl: scrubbie, dishcloth, snowflake

db: buckeyes

ddil: purse, pillow,lots of ornies for their tree, embroidery dishtowels

MIL: hook holder, stitch markers, scrubbie

ds#2: pillow,pillowcases, cattoys

dnc: stuffie

dnc: stuffie

Hubby : I HAVE NO CLUE

dnc: stuffie & bookmark

dnc: felted purse

That should keep me busy! :eek I have all the charity stuff done fromt he hat a week stuff...

Lea, wow, what a list! But some of the items won't take too long, so that's a plus. Does hubby need a hat? scarf? blanket/afghan? slilppers? socks for winter? remote caddy? coaster for drink? can't think what else... it's hard for me with men too!

Debbi

AfghanWool.jpg

Ok, so I am officially one step closer to making the afghan for my sister now as I got the yarn today:) . It was a bargain at 50p a ball with 20 balls that will work out at roughly $18.00

I think I am going to use a pattern from the Erika Knight Simply Crochet book & hope to start next week.

I have also nearly finished a hat & scarf for a friend - I will post a pic when it's finished.:yay

Lea, maybe you could make him seconds or thirds... or I have no clue either...

What a fish bag! I love it. You did a great job.

Oh that yarn makes me want to crochet! :devil I have such a hard time with new yarn waiting to make something... Look like it will be a very nice afghan.

Debbi

Lea, maybe you could make him seconds or thirds... or I have no clue either...

What a fish bag! I love it. You did a great job.

Oh that yarn makes me want to crochet! :devil I have such a hard time with new yarn waiting to make something... Look like it will be a very nice afghan.

Debbi

Hey Debbi... did you see my thread on what I'm going to do for dh... the 12 days of Christmas....only each day will have something crocheted.. and something not crocheted... like a crocheted partridge & homemade pear butter etc...I am so psyched about it!

I NEED to join this CAL! If I don't,I will procrastinate like I normally do. This was a wonderful idea. :cheer

I do not have a complete list but am working on it. So far-

sister#1--- washcloth scrubbie (completed)

sister#2---?

sister#3---?

my mother--washcloth scrubbie + ?

a family gift-- An Afghan (WIP)

ds#1 a stop sign or traffic light pillow,

ds#2 a stop sign or traffic light pillow, a tie or ???

ds#3 a stop sign or traffic light pillow, fingerless gloves in camo

dh#1 (& only one :lol )

friend#1 pr of snowflake potholders

neighbor-washclothes?

neighbor girls-?

grown nephews & nieces-?

Wow! I just got back from vacation and everyone is going strong on their projects! I love the purse Krystal! Very cute. I haven't had time to read all the other posts yet, but I will.

This is the beginning of my Navajo Afghan. The border is Black, then Aran Fleck and White. The next color will be Forest Green. I really am enjoying this pattern.

[click on picture to enlarge]

th_navajoafghan2.jpg

th_navajoafghan1.jpg

The afghan is 57" wide. I was having too much fun doing my chain stitch... the afghan is really suppose to be a lapghan and 40" wide. :lol

I'm in.:hook I am actually working on coasters for our Bible Study group (:coffee we're usually drinking coffee as we talk), while reading these posts. I've got 5 of 6 for one family and 3 more families to go. I honestly haven't got the all of my list worked out yet.:shop I'd like to come up with more crocheted gifts as I've lost my love for shopping-maybe it's the 3 kids I always have in tow, who see shopping as a punishment.

Mom-Doily & butterfly bookmark

Dad-He always wants/gets a t-shirt w/kids' pictures ironed on

Bro1-Afghan (Maybe)

Bro2-Beanie & scarf

BIL-Beanie

SIL-Scarf

DN- I've started an afghan that matches the sock-monkey pillow I made for him

BIL2-Rasta beanie

MIL-?maybe a hat

FIL-?

Hubby-snowboarder skully/face mask

DS-beanie in Spiderman colors

DD-Granny square poncho

Dd-Granny square poncho (they like to match)

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's idea's and end products. :manyheart Everything so far is really great & :clap very inspiring.

Hottie.jpg

Yeahhh, one project finished.

I have no plans yet who will get this hot water bottle but it was fun to make.

I just copied a template of a bottle cover that I already have; I may add some embellishments onto it - I haven't decided yet.

Blankie.jpg

Here is where I am up to with the blanket for my sister - it's about half way finished using the yarn I posted a picture of last week.

Progress good so far - I know it wouldn't be if I hadn't joined in this CAL

Crochetville is really working wonders for my crochet!!!

Coasters is a GREAT idea for those who drink coffee or even cola out of cold cans...

````````

LOVE the afghan and the colors. Wow you're all ready that far! I'm impressed! :clap

Almost finished with my 3rd doily for Christmas. I think I'll make one or two extra if I have time... maybe just take my time after I finish everything (not if..;) .) Still working on my squares afghan.

And yes Crochetville is wonderful in helping us finish projects, I love it!

Archived