Christmas Gifts 2006- Along

ChayaSar

I';ve been kind of spying in on this thread not really committing to anything yet. But after this weekend I've decided to jump in.

I've got a couple WIP's and a couple completed items...

Mom's adoily and my MIL's afghan are coming along...I have to really crack down to get them done in these few short weeks before Christmas.

I've got a bunch of family on my list that I'd LIKE to make gifts for...but we'll see. I'm making things easy this year. I'm making a bunch of HATS! So I guess I should have committed to the Hat-A-Week CAL after all :lol

I'm taking this moment by moment and trying not to get overwhelmed with it.

Mom's doily was started LAST year for Christmas! So, as you can see I'm not so speedy with thread. AND I'm trying to use up my stash for the gifts I'm making. So, PLEASE cross your fingers for me!!

Everyone's progress and pics are very encouraging! :yay Not to mention pretty to look at!

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did more on my quilt afghan this weekend and that's coming along nicely. I can wait on the half finished baby afghan for her and concentrate on Christmas gifts since the other lady isn't due until January (I thought it was sooner)

I was thinking for my coworkers of doing a felted flower book mark I saw in some recent magazine (cant' remember as I got 3 at the same time). But not sure yet as I've never felted and may wait. Could just do a regular book mark for them. Or a mini purse (for lunch money or mad money). Still trying to decide on that.

Debbi

i really have to crack down and read this thread. I need ideas bad! But my family is not overly receptive to crochet items. I have been giving my sister a couple doilies and she loved them.... I need more "generic" sets to make for my hubby's side... familys with children (some young children some older...) some familys without children...just something that says hey i took some time for you..etc.

One year I did go to blockbuster and got movie passes and put them in the bucket of popcorn...and tossed in some candy. He does have seven brothers and sisters who have been fruitful and multiplied..so that was a pretty good hunk of change by the time i had them all done!!

argh!

I finished 15 Christmas stockings, I'm now working on 4 small purses for my nieces, but I'm still not sure what to do for a 6 yo boy.

I'm also making rhubarb marmalade and a relish with my green tomatoes.

Ellie 13

Ellie, did you figure out something for a 6yr old boy? My grandson is 5 and a half and I am making him a crayon pillow. at 51" long, it will be as big as he is, but I am using his favorite color and he will love it.

Ellie, did you figure out something for a 6yr old boy? My grandson is 5 and a half and I am making him a crayon pillow. at 51" long, it will be as big as he is, but I am using his favorite color and he will love it.

Where did you find a pattern for crayon pillow? And, did it take a long time make? Might be something else I can make for my 7 y/o.

Okay, I finally finished the Christmas tree skirt for my sister C that I've been working on for months. It's taken me so long not because it's hard, but because I have limited crocheting time since I work two jobs. Anyway, here it is laid out on my bed so you can see most of it (sorry for the sort of skewed perspective; my digital camera is very old and I had to stand on a chair!):

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a383/DesertCrocheter/gifts/IM003565.jpg

And here's a close-up of the two of the pointsettias and part of the scrolly decorative thing.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a383/DesertCrocheter/gifts/IM003564.jpg

I linked to this free pattern from Rachel's CPC, so thanks to her for consolidating all those patterns into one easy-to-use website!

Patty

Where did you find a pattern for crayon pillow? And, did it take a long time make? Might be something else I can make for my 7 y/o.

Well, I am still working on it, it is a very easy and boring pattern, just rounds and rounds and rounds and zzzzzzzzzzzz Oh Oh sorry dosed off there for a minute (lol) of single crochet. Very Little shaping I got the pattern from Annies I think but it is available at CPC. It is called Gigantic crayon pillow.

i was feeling a little under the weather today so i stayed home. while watching The Matrix: Revolutions and The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring, i managed to bring my number of completed rows to 26. and i took pictures!

stuff%20005.jpg

and a close-up...

stuff%20006.jpg

what do you all think?

im sorry about that sennight. i simply copied them from my blog so looking there might work better for you, if that doesn't work i'll rehost them somewhere else.

thanks so much for the compliment fidgement, i always try to make sure it looks good.

Oh I couldn't see your pictures!:eek

i was feeling a little under the weather today so i stayed home. while watching The Matrix: Revolutions and The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring, i managed to bring my number of completed rows to 26. and i took pictures!

stuff%20005.jpg

and a close-up...

stuff%20006.jpg

what do you all think?

Yesterday while waiting for ds at an appt ( 2 1/2 hours), I crocheted the sweetest little clutch that is waiting to be felted from a freebie Michaels leaflet...It had the easiest little flower to felt...well.. I think the flower will lok great felted... the one in the picture was :D I also cross stitched 3 letters of the greek alphabet for a project I am working on for dh....came home a made the cutest stitch markers for my mom... I got the idea from someone here a few months ago using number beads with 5, 10 etc on them...and last night I struggled to work on monopoly board cross stitch for my other ds...I'm not sure why I started this.. seemed a good idea at the time...My yarns for another felted bag and crochetdude's coasters should be in... so after a romp in the corn maze this weekend I should be in crochet heaven!

Archived