Christmas Gifts 2006- Along

ChayaSar

Almost done with the Minnie Mouse blanket! Just some backstitching to do and then the edging. I will post pics of both blankets when I'm done!

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I acutally managed to finish a hat tonight. Go me!:clap Now... only forever more to do. I'll post a picture of it later on, even though its not that exciting but the first thing I've done in some time.:yay

I haven't posted much....been busy crocheting....;)

My list:

Q hook ripple for my 15 y/o son - 1/2 done but ran out of yarn...need to get more

Round ripple for my 7 y/o son - done

Scrapghan for my 16 y/o daughter - done

DH's king size ghan - just have to put squares together

S n B Color Bay Blanket for my 12 y/o step-son - Putting squares together

If I have time I'll make something Christmasy for my home.... phew!!

Oh Goodness I have been so bogged down with my son's NASCAR graphghan...This is by far the most tedious thing I have done...I am gluing myself to the chair to day and do nothing but work on it. I finished all by 3 of the hardest rows before it switches back to black and white checks...

pillow ghan for ds#4..done but I need to stuff it

dh's Greek Alphbet done but I need to stuff it

ds#3...National Guard emblem done

ds#3's gf purse... just needs a button

Need to do:

2 more purses to make and felt....something for ds#2... and an afghan for dil

If time is left I'll make more ornies for filler gifts.... I'll probably be crocheting Chrisgtmas Eve!

Hello all,

I figured I would list out what I have been doing and what I have left to do .. hope it inspires me to keep going.

1 Christmas Angel Treetop for my mother in law http://www.craftown.com/crochet/pat2.htm

2 Gift Baskets for Exchanges (can't link anything yet, one isn't for this site but she may be a member so not risking it) 1 done

3 Hats for (son, niece, and nephew) done

http://www.yarncat.com/Kalispell.html

http://members.aol.com/JSchlossma/csthat.html

4 Round Ripple Afghans ( I found the pattern on this site) I am making 6 of these Have 3 done

5 Summer Flair Dinner Set for sisters in law (3)( Pattern is .99 cents at e-patterns.com) 2 Done

http://www.e-patternscentral.com/crochet/detail.html?prod_id=2303

6 Comforghans for 4 people who have had deaths in the last 2 mnths (this being the first Xmas without their sister/daughter or father/husband.)

7 4 Christmas stockings 2 done These are from Mrs. Claus for my familyhttp://www.e-patternscentral.com/crochet/detail.html?prod_id=134&source=aalfpotd

8 Mile a Minute Afghan for my Hubby (post pic) DONE

9 20 Angel Dishcloths (for my church group) 12 Done

http://hometown.aol.com/JSchlossma/dcangls.html

:manyheart

Kidge

:cheer Go Lea, Go Lea:cheer

Woohoo.. You go and I will keep checking the boards for that beautiful pic of the finish product.

*Hands Lea, a sweat band, a chocolate bar, and drink*

:manyheart

Kidge

Thanks!!! I am getting ready to start row 6 of the checks now..( sc 170 st across)...so....30 rows of sc checks and then 18 rows of dc in plain white....I did manage a load of laundry, beds made , animals fed, eggs gathered, and a general whisk through....oh... and a tug of war with one obnoxious kitten!

.................ONWARD..........................

Hi I would love to join ths cal. I have bear hats and mittens,for the little ones. Hat , mittens, and scraves sets for the teenagers.Ski mask and slippers for 17 yr old none. Towels and potholder sets for extra for just in case.Will show pictures if I can ever figure out how to get them off the camera and on here . My daughter is surpose to come in and show me how.Made the snowman door greeter that was on other cal . Got to run kids just drove up

Bella - what pattern are you using for the slippers?

I am not sure yet. I know that I am doing the cow slippers on the Michaels website and that I am also going to improvise using that pattern to also make a pair of kitty slippers and bunny slippers. For the rest though, none that I have found really seem all that cushy and cozy. If anyone has any suggestions for some that would be nice for young adult ladies who a bit trendy, it would be much appreciated. There are a pair that I rather like, but they really don't seem all that cozy. If anybody has made them, could you let me know? Here is the link:

http://www.geocities.com/gossgirl2/abislippers.htm

I picked up the hook after a far too long hiatus because of other commitments this week. and in the past 2 nights have added quite a few rows, im finally past half way and if i keep up this pace i'll have it done before the month is out. ill post some pics when i get a chance.

I just changed and added somethings for my christmas list, as if it wasn't long enough! Instead of making the shawl for Bella, my future mother in law, due to a mix up in yarn, I'm going to make her this bath kit. http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/lffunt/bathset.htm

I figured it'd be adorable to do something like that and throw in a lot of good smelling citrusy things. And I also decided that instead of making matching scarves for my sister and her baby, I've decided that my neice will be just as happy with some stuffed animals and books. So instead, for my sister since she's pregnant again and has a 1 and a half year old running around, I'm going to make her the same thing as Bella, except her's will all be in burgendies and purples in some sort of matching basket with lightly scented berry things. Also, while I did finish the hat for hte boyfriend, I kind of already told him about it! :blush So I figured I'll give it to him over Thanksgiving break so while he's finishing up college he'll have something else to remember me by and I'll just figure out what to get him! So... updated list:

Jack and Greg: chocolate brown with turquoise hats with stars

Ian: The UBW hat in black and dark green

Courtney: maybe a purple scarf?

Rich: syracuse color basketball or something... maybe navy blue with the orange as the stripes on it?

The three cats: cat nip mice

Bella: bath set basket all in blues

Margi: bath set basket in purples

And I think that's everyone!

PICTURE TIME!!!!!

yay!

its coming along so nicely, what do you all think?

Afghan.jpg

sorry about the pic being so big, but it looks so nice i thought you all would love to look at it REALLY CLOSELY!!! :hook:hook:hook :D:D:D

I just changed and added somethings for my christmas list, as if it wasn't long enough! Instead of making the shawl for Bella, my future mother in law, due to a mix up in yarn, I'm going to make her this bath kit. http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/lffunt/bathset.htm

I figured it'd be adorable to do something like that and throw in a lot of good smelling citrusy things. And I also decided that instead of making matching scarves for my sister and her baby, I've decided that my neice will be just as happy with some stuffed animals and books. So instead, for my sister since she's pregnant again and has a 1 and a half year old running around, I'm going to make her the same thing as Bella, except her's will all be in burgendies and purples in some sort of matching basket with lightly scented berry things. Also, while I did finish the hat for hte boyfriend, I kind of already told him about it! :blush So I figured I'll give it to him over Thanksgiving break so while he's finishing up college he'll have something else to remember me by and I'll just figure out what to get him! So... updated list:

Jack and Greg: chocolate brown with turquoise hats with stars

Ian: The UBW hat in black and dark green

Courtney: maybe a purple scarf?

Rich: syracuse color basketball or something... maybe navy blue with the orange as the stripes on it?

The three cats: cat nip mice

Bella: bath set basket all in blues

Margi: bath set basket in purples

And I think that's everyone!

:ty so much for posting a link to that pattern. It will be perfect for gifts and is the BEST bathset I have ever seen. Normaly they are just mats and tissue box covers etc.. but this is all stuff you can use and that is GREAT!! :cheer

Your presents are going to be great! GOOD LUCK!!!:cheer:clap

CRAFYBOY13: Your blanket looks so gorgeous!! If it was for me I would absoloutely love it!!!!:cheer You're doing os well!!!:cheer

I've worked out a pattern for the bowling pins, got 4 done. I found a basic ball pattern and got a 5 inch styrofoam ball. I think that will work.

Ellie 13

P.S Has anyone tried the potato fudge? My family and friends love it.

I'm very close to being done with the cross stitch on the Minnie Mouse blanket, then I'll have 8 more rounds of edging to do on the blanket and that will be done! I'll post a pic when I'm finished, then I have to pick out a pattern for a blanket for my aunt.

P.S Has anyone tried the potato fudge? My family and friends love it.

Potato fudge? :think Hmmm....

As for the bath set, I know! I was so thrilled to find something like that. I'm thinkign I might have to make myself one of them after christmas. I just love the fact that it's like all the fancy store bought ones but this one doesn't come across with the message of "I didn't know what to buy you so... um... here." since I actually do like some of those kits.

GUESS WHAT I"M DONE WITH?????? The Nascar blanket for my son! Whew...I thought I would never finish... It had gotten to the point where I was not really enjoying it... Last night I was crocheting on the way home from sons b-ball game and ran out of yarn about 50 stitches from the end.... first thing this a.m. I nabbed some and finished up.... Whew~~~

Tonight I'll finish up a small gift for ds#1's gf.....MOnday I'll go to the big city and buy wool for a couple of purses......

rolling along!

Archived