Christmas Gifts 2006- Along

ChayaSar

I don't know if it's too early for this, but the post about what everyone was making for Christmas got me thinking, that maybe a Christmas Gifts CAL would be a good idea... am I even allowed to start a CAL?

If i'm not i guess this will be removed :lol

Anyway, I've started on my gifts for the holiday season, and as it's July have a hard time being 'christmasy' already, but I'm pluggin along.... anyone wanna join me and keep eachother updated on our progress and such?

If so, grab a :hook and jump on in!

If i made this right... here is the button: christmasbutton.jpg

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ada, I think that I would be interested in this cal. I have a lot of things going but that is normal with me. I am always ready to get on somthing else. I don't think that it is too early to start.

I have a WIP that falls into this category. It's the Plaid blanket from the Blue Ribbon Afghans from America's State Fairs book. The receiver knows he's getting it, but that's because it's got 16 balls of yarn attached and is too hard to hide. :lol

I'm about 1/10th of the way done the main part. There's a several rows of border around it after that. :(

woot! I'm not alone!!! Welcome aboard, this should be fun :yes

wow, I started a CAL, that's kinda cool! :yay

I'd like to join. My Quilt CAL is going to be a christmas gift and my coworker and I were talking about our lists yesterday and she mentioned how she would like a doily (so now I have 4 I need and I think I have 1 or 2 done and 1 in process). Plus all the other things on my list I want to crochet but don't know if I will. So this will help me get things done.

Debbi

I'm in!! This will be my first CAL. I am soooo excited!:yay I am planning on making pillows for my neices and great-neices (5 in all). The front of each pillow will be their initial done in filet crochet and the pillow itself done in satin in a contrasting color. Then I will probably edge them with some sort of novelty yarn, something for a little girl's rooms. I do have to finish my bedspread first, but it shouldn't take me very long....I hope.

I'd like to join...I'm making some friends an afghan for Christmas out of Wool-ease Chunky--I'm using some of the square patterns from the 63 Square Crochet-Along, but modified for the thicker yarn. It's going to be more of a blanket than an afghan at this point, seeing as it's so thick.:lol

I'm taking a bit of a break right now, due to my tendonitis, but as I'm steadily improving, I may just try to sew together some of the squares tonight, as sewing doesn't seem to aggravate my arm.

This will be my really and truely first CAL! :cheer

Here are a pile of squares that I have made up for my niece. I was doing really well and then lost interest. Haven't touched them in months.

blocks.jpg

My niece is 19 and her birthday is December 22nd. I wanted to do something special for her this year because lately we haven't been paying as much attention to her birthday at Christmastime as we should have.

I never made her an afghan before but did so for her brother.

I figure that I need 20 squares. I've got 10. I was even thinking of making the next ten in the solid white and just patterning them as I put it together !!

So I'm all set for this CAL! I'll start this weekend.

id love to join! this sounds like a blast! :wooand it will be my first cal! im not positive on everything im making yet but im sure there will be some doilies and lots of fun stuff. great idea, by the way :yes.

Megan

Count me in! I have so many kids and grandkids to make for and I think this is a fun way to get everything done.

I have started on snowflakes ornaments for each. I have a few made, but I am going to wait a while to starch them. I am also making afghans for each (12 total). I am in the middle of the snowflake afghan.

This is one I will definatly get in on as soon as I finish my afgan (not too great with the doing multiple things at once thing yet hehe) BUt with the way i've been plugging away at that I will be starting my dads remote holer, and my mom's afgans very soon.

Sounds like just the kind of thing I'm looking for!!

I actually told my kids and hubby that I thought we should ALL handmake our gifts to each other this Christmas. Now, obviously, I'll crochet mine. What's not so obvious is what I'm going to make each of them (7 y/o boy, 15 y/o boy, 16 y/o girl, hubby).............

So.......count me in.......maybe y'all can give me some ideas!! :hook :hook

good to see that this cal is already growing only a few days in :yes

welcome to everyone, and I'll have some pictures up soon... really ned to update my blog, I finished a couple of the non-crocehted ornaments, just haven't uploaded pictures. And thanks to KrisitieMN, i'm going to have to add about 6 Blushing Becca's to my list of things to make :lol but it's a good thing, i need to finish the wings on my first one, and then i can post a pic.

Christmas??? I'm in!!! I need to start planning the gifts. I have a few thoughts in mind and am trying to decide which I want to do, which I have time for and which would be most appreciated.

My thoughts were to do doilies but with all our siblings (I have 5 and hubby has three) that's a lot of doilies. My next thought was to knit dishcloths and send them with some kitchen items, but what??? I am at a loss past that point. No inspiration for that.

Then I thought of doing bath items. I have made some crocheted loofahs, washmits, soap savers and such and then I could include some little soaps and gels and things. This is my favorite idea and the one I will probably go with. Its relativly quick and I think it would be well appreciated by everyone on my list.

So, now I better get to working on this...:hook

Count me in too. This will be my first CAL.

On my list so far

Celtic Afgan for my Brother and Sister-in-Law (this is allready a WIP)

Doilies for my Step MIL

Scarf for my MIL

I'm sure the list will grow more. lol

This is a GREAT CAL - thanks for getting it started! :clap

I've made one belt and am working on CHRISTmas colored dishcloths as well! I also started a CHRISTmas colored (red and white - and a CAL I started here!) afghan for my youngest daughter and plan to make afghans and tree skirts for sure! OH, I also started a shawl for a CHRISTmas present, which I almost forgot about! We give each of our girls a new ornament every year. I've made homemade ones in the past and just might do that again this year! Perhaps angels or snowflakes?!

This is going to be a fun CAL. I stopped on my quilt CAL this weekend (needed a break from it) and almost finished a doily for a gift! I'll post a pic when I'm done. I have about 1/2 a round left to finish!

Someone posted the Harry potter "Golden Snitch" bookmark and my friend loves HP too and this would be cute for her daughters, one who can read and the other who is learning as they both love HP too... so that adds to my list, but pretty easy to crochet.

Debbi

Ok, so i've decided with all I'm trying to accomplish crochet wise that i have to beak up my week... I have a lot of small gifts, a couple major gifts, and some non-croceht gifts... so i really need all my croceht stuff done by thanksgiving so i can spend the last 2 weeks of work time before i need to ship everything on the non croceht projects which dont take a lot of time. I've posted some pics of the ornaments I am making on my blog (see siggy for link), those take quite a bit of time each so i work on them whenever i am tired of crocheting. Also on my blog is my complete list of projects needed to be completed by Christmas...at least I think it's complete, I'm toying with the idea of cocheting snowflakes for every card as well, and I found a site with great bells I'd like to make a few for my own tree and a few friends.... somehow my list keeps growing... i think i need to stop looking up new ideas for a while and go with what I've got! :lol

The way I see it, I will either spend the next 4 months being full of Christmas cheer, or I'm going to be totally christmas'd out by Thanksgiving :rofl so we'll see.

Anyway, Sunday and Monday are gonna be my non-christmas crochet days, and Wed. will be my only Dani's throw day; Thursday and Friday will be my all other Christmas projects days...and Saturday will be my RAOK and charity crochet day.

I know, i'm nuts, but i'd like to do it all, and get it all done! :yes:lol:rofl

Archived