Christmas Gifts 2006- Along

ChayaSar

I got the Minnie Mouse Blanket done for my step mom!!! This is the only place I can post a picture cause she reads my blogs!!!

2i8j8zq.jpg

And Here is the Mickey Mouse one I made for her Last year!

45568f4.jpg

I have one more blanket to do for sure, then I have to see whose name I draw on Thanksgiving. Keep up the good work everyone!

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great job Crystal... I finished my Nascar afghan too! Today is a yarn shopping day...I live an hour and a half from Michaels so its an excursion....If all goes well I'll be working on my ds's gf's purse this evening....

I have lots of gifts to make for Christmas. I thought maybe this will keep me going on them. I love the Mickey and Minney afghans. They're beautiful!

I'm working on a hat for my grandaughter. I got the pattern here:

http://members.aol.com/sbaycgoa/patberet.htm

Also working on a shrug for her from the October issue of Annie's Favorite Crochet called "Cottan Candy". I ordered a book from Annie's Attic today so I can make a little monkey for my grandson and little grandaughter. Only about a month to go and still haven't decided on everything to make but I've been getting lots of ideas from reading posts in this forum.

Hi everyone.

Mickey and Minnie are excellent!!!! How did you do it? was it crosstitch???

Yup, it was cross stitch. I love they way they look, but the whole thing is a tedious process!

Ok, on my second Christmas Blanket I've got 15 rows done so far. It's a nice simple pattern, 215 DC per row, every other row has a couple of open spaces, and there are 79 rows, plus edging, I'm doing 5 rows a day, plus what ever extra time I have to work on it!

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!!!!

I plan on sitting down after a nice big meal and doing some major work on my gift.

a little tip for those who dont want to fall asleep after dinner today:

Eat some cranberry sauce, it counteracts the chemical in turkey (Tryptophan) that makes you sleepy. kinda interesting how its been a Thanksgiving tradition to have cranberry sauce with the meal

Penny, I'm coming right along on the beret. I started it about an hour ago and I'm on round 6. I decided I have to get serious about getting some of the Christmas gifts done. I would like to get at least one done a day and start on another, bigger project each day, too so I'll get them all done. I have a book coming tomorrow or next week from Annie's Attic. There's a monkey pattern in it that I want to make two of. I had bid on it at Ebay but got outbid so I checked on it at Annie's. It was on clearance for 59 cents! I couldn't believe it! The starting bid at Ebay had been $3.99. Next week I'm going to get the SnB Crochet book. I'll have so many new patterns to look forward to.

Just finished row 29 on my aunts blanket, I'm thankful it's an easy pattern.

Now to go finish putting up the christmas decorations at my house!:ctree

I have finally got cracking on my chrissy presents and have managed to finish a few. I finished my sister's "Dress (corner) Bookmark" and made a "Paw Print Coaster" set for my parents with a little matching holder. I am also working on a beret for my sister and have made no more progress on the lapghan for my great grandparents because I can't afford to get any more yarn for it :cry.

I also have to add to my list a red and black "Shroom" for Ryan and a blue and black mobile phone case for Jeremy. :eek I'm never going to get it all finished!:faint:sofunny

Well the bath set for my future MIL turned into the scarf that I found on the back of the yarn wrapper. It is a very pretty scarf though! Now just to see how the bath set ends up for my sister. And I finally decided on either mittens or a grill glove for my future FIL. And I finished the hat for my fiancee's brother. Now just to decide if I really want to make his friend's stuff. Hmmm....

Does anyone have SnB Crochet? I want to make the bolero "Short 'N Sweet" for my granddaughter. I don't know what size of yarn that is that they list. We live in a little town that only has Wal-Mart. I'm sure I never saw that yarn there. TIA for any help.

I finished my first Xmas present! It's a combo birthday present (which has now passed, oops!), but I'm really happy with how the set turned out.

th_Rachelspurselining.jpg

th_Rachelsshawl.jpg

th_Rachelspurse.jpg

th_Rachel.jpg

And I finally found the yarn to complete an afghan for my BIL. I was getting worried!!

Now I'm half done a Fat Bottom as a birthday present, and looking for some Christmas decorations to make.

I was sick and couldn't get to a computer (I use Dad's or the library). I worked on the bowling set for my 5yo nephew. Got it all done and tried it out. Works great on a wooden floor, not so good on a carpet. I think he'll like it. Now back to Christmas stockings. I hope to have 5-6 more before Christmas.

Ellie 13

Archived