Christmas Gifts 2006- Along

ChayaSar

alright, well im inspired by the whole CAL thing...

so im gonna make this one my first!!!

im actually going out today to get some yarn so i can make my beautiful girlfriend an equally beautiful afghan for christmas.

im amazed that you can all start Christmas projects that early...

anyways, im happy to be joining my first CAL!!!

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well after one day i've got 3 rows done...

thats even thhough i had to work 5 hours and i had to actually buy the yarn

btw, i'll be keeping statistics in my signature.

some people hate statistics, but i find them inspiring.

i mean at my current rate of 3 rows per day, i'll be done by Nov. 20th

my afghan pattern has over 22,500 stitches in it. and every one will be filled with my love for my girlfriend.

hows everyone else coming along?

I finished 15 Christmas stockings, I'm now working on 4 small purses for my nieces, but I'm still not sure what to do for a 6 yo boy.

I'm also making rhubarb marmalade and a relish with my green tomatoes.

Ellie 13

Ellie, I have a 5 yo grandson and I am making him the crayon pillow in his favorite color. it is 51 inches long so it is great for laying on the floor to watch tv and stuff. That might be an idea for you.

ok well just to give an update, i haven't gotten much done. i'm still waiting on my order from td creations for the bed dolls and patterns i ordered back on 9/15. i spent most of yesterday afternoon looking through all of my books and inet patterns for gifts to make for everyone but nothing really struck me. on the brighter side, i've started to make a few dishclothes and hotpads which i'll be giving away as gifts since everyone loves them so much. i'm currently doing one in the Polish star design which i've never done before but have always wanted to try. will blog its pic once it's complete.

i'm always so inspired by everyone's progress and creativity, and even though mine is going slow right now, i keep turning back to you all for my daily dose of crochet caffeine! thanks for listening and congrats on all those completed projects :)

UPDATE: after a quick jaunt to ac moore for more yarn (caron 1 pounders were on sale! stash beware!) i came home to find that i finally got all my goodies from TD yesterday, and i jumped right in! first bed doll, the mary anne pattern, is about 5% complete and only have 5 more to go lol weeeee its like christmas every day now!

but I'm in! I just started a ripple afghan for my mom that will be her Christmas present (hopefully, THIS Christmas! :blush)It doesn't help that I've already had to frog it once because I missed a color change in the pattern. :thair

If I get that done in time, I may start the afghan I want to make for my niece. It will either be for Christmas or college graduation. She grew up in Phoenix and is looking at going to grad school in the Pacific NW. She's gonna need a ghan to keep her warm while she studies!:fire

I may also do some dishclothes to go with some gifts, but those will be a last minute call. I'm real good at crocheting myself into a corner if I'm not careful!

Happy crocheting!!

Anna

UPDATE (again)

well i was booking it today,

i managed to get 9 more rows done which raises my avg. Rows per Day to 6.

and i also managed to scan a pic of the pattern...

afghan.jpg

but im going to use this color yarn...

6281.jpg

thanks so much for the compliments... the pattern was a little daunting to me at first (this is my first afghan) but now that i've done a few rows its easy. for the sake of argument, and not posting updates EVERY day (i know i'll be tempted to), i think im gonna get myself a nice little blog... and only post updates like once a week...

Happy Crocheting,

Crafty Boy

Wow everyone is coming along. I started another afghan. I did some hexegon squares from a crochet magazine (I think Crochet Today--I've bought 3 the last few weeks and can't remember:think ). I did quiet a few squares this last weekend. Yes that one and the quilt one. And whatever else I was working on... lol... This hexegon one works up quick. I like that! They're big hexagons.

I think I'll give it to a friend/coworker because I choose bright colors. I was going to make her a shawl/lapgahn, but changed my mind a few times on patterns... so this one will work out nicely.

Debbi

Well I haven't gotten any further ahead since my first post. My toddler son conviently managed to lose my hook from my afghan, so I've just replaced it yesterday. We were also doing kitchen renos this weekend, and I'm on the verge of finishing two unrelated projects that I can't wait to finish. But once those are done, I'm commited to solely having only Christmas projects to do!

Well I finally got all my bed doll patterns and supplies and settled in to do some serious crocheting. Today I finished the crocheting part of my first of many bed doll Christmas gifts. It was the Mary Ann pattern from TD Creations. You can see a pic of her on my blog. She still needs her ribbons, flowers, and bows which I hope to have finished up tonight. :)

Well, let's see....

I have all the squares done for dh's blue afghan (king size), just have to put them together.

My 16 y/o daughter's scrapghan is about half done.

I started my 7 y/o son's round ripple last night and it's going along rather quickly, which is awesome.

My 16 y/o son wants a snowflake afghan and I have to buy the yarn for it...phew.......busy busy busy

I'll jump in here, so far I'm just making one gift, a Minnie Mouse lapghan. I've got about 20 rosws of the 158 that I have to do of the plan off white back ground done. This is the tedious part!

Slacker here :raising hand":hook ... or hook...

Well there was that afghan last week that I started and hopefully will be a Christmas gift, but it really wasn't on my list... Of course this weekend I am going to work on my quilt afghan tons.

Debbi

well as always my current project status in is my signature.

i haven't gotten a lot done this week (except for monday) but i do have time as i am only making one gift (i dont know how you all find the time for all these projects) the pattern is very easy, now that i'm used to it, and i hope i can have it done nice and early.

Time for me to join this CAL, because of the sheer amount of gifts I have going on. I have:

A ripple afghan for my brother (less than 1/3 completed)

The Tapestry Tote Bag for my sister (about 1/4 completed, but she also wants the unseamly sweater and a scarf too)

The Crochetdude's Monet Afghan for a friend (not even 1 block completed).

This is in addition to all the other things i'm working on. Where ever will I find the time?

This weekend was toatlly lost on the little square that is now half an afghan...BUT... I did inventory and ordered a huge batch of yarn to complte 2 felted purses, and a set of crochetdude's cutie shoe coasters for ds's gf..

So witht he inventory I have doen so far...

12 days of Christmas 1-4 for dh

kitty toys for all the grandcats ( all 4 of the boys have cats as do we)

a wrap for my Grams

Hook/ needle cases for Mom & MIL

2 dishcloths and a handle holder each for all the girls/ women

1 major cross-stitch piece for ds# 3... I know its not crochet but it took me forever! It is the national Guard Emblem

Blankies and a matching mousie for twin little cousins ( they recieved them last weeknd on our grande tour of Ohio)

1 purse waiting to be felted for ds#3's gf

I was really sidetracked with a couple of swaps and now I can crack down, especially since I ahve new yarn coming in...although I found somemore random squares that will go into this haphazard afghan I am doing that might be a pressie for one fo the ds's...

Oh! I make cloth hook cases... but I had an idea and the crocheted hook cases that you roll up would work as well... I am using a fun pattern ( I have clifford fabric at my etsy).. but I am going to put new markers in a case and roll it up and give it to the neices and nephews I think... it will be easy to ship since they live in other states and will travel well in teh car....

Congratulations, your making head way! Wish I could say the same about my Christmas list.:eek

Ok! I was real busy crocheting this weekend and managed to get 16 more hexagons done fo rmy Great Grandad's Afghan!!! :yay:cheer:clap Pretty much halfway done now!!

th_100_0303.jpg th_100_0298.jpg

Here is my daughter's scrapghan so far and my son's round ripple so far. Admitedly, for both projects maybe not the exact colors I would have chosen, but they're not for me, after all!!

So far I've managed not to mess up any more color changes and I'm progressing nicely on mom's gift. I've finished about 1/5th of it. I'll have to get a picture of what I've done so far. It's really coming out nice.(If I do say so myself!:hook)

This CAL is great motivation!

Archived