Christmas Gifts 2006- Along

ChayaSar

Click here to see the 2nd of the 3 stockings I'm making, this one is for my 2nd child, Dawn... who is happily displaying it for everyone! Also posted is a pic of the "pretty snowflake" whose pattern I posted yesterday or the day before, it isn't blocked yet, i'm going to finish making all of them and block later, but you'll get the idea.

Hope you don't mind the link, but posting here and at my blog its just easier to post there and re-direct everyone,:lol

There is also a funny pic of my baby, making a mean face at her daddy! :rofl

Enjoy!

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Vickie I was thinking about the skirt, can you add an elastic to the waist to make it fit better? Or a tie? Or belt loops?

Debbi

Well actually I finally decided to put elastic in the waist on the sides and then put the lining (yes, I am going to line it) to encase the elastic. That way I know it will fit and I won't be hearing her little voice saying "it's itchy, scratchy, it feels funny or I can't wear it because ________ (fill in the blank)". I :bheart my kids! Thank you for your other suggestions... I might use one of them for a few of her store bought skirts.

jadyn05, You aren't sure about your snowflake, once you block it you will see a difference. The points will stand out much nicer. You did a nice job!

I like the white stocking! That is nice. We're moving right along here. I worked some more on the afghan I'm making for a Christmas gift (my other CAL). And I'll do some of my doily today (if I have time) and maybe finish it.

Debbi

Doily #2 finished! Of course my coworker saw it and when I mentioned how another coworker wants to buy some hotpads from me, she wanted to buy this from me... she loves doilies. I gave her a doily for her birthday and yes she will be getting one for Christmas (was thinking of the 5 hour doily I made).

Debbi

Hi there, fellow Christmas crocheters! :) Thought you might like to see some of the things I'm working on. First is a throw for my Mom and then some coasters......I want to make so much more but the darned time just keeps getting away from me....imagine that! :blush

100_0151.jpgRe-DoneCoastersPicture.jpg

C-ville we have a problem!!! I've been working on this throw for my sil, the colors are Oasis, Country blue, light sage, Navy blue and Aran... well Aran is a no dye lot yarn, and I had to purchase more to finish the blanket... and the color is off, I noticed... and she's a crocheter... so i know she's gonna notice... i can't start it over, i'll never finish in time if i do.... what do i do if she hates it??? ya know, once i've decided to crawl back from under the rock i'm gonna hide under......

I'm sorry!! :( What brand is it? Maybe one of us could send you a skein that might match?? (it's a long shot, but could be worth it) :shrug

I hate that too!!! I now buy a ridiculous amont of yarn for a project just so I don't run out. :hook

Laura, nice afghan and coaster! You are doing a great job.

Jady, can you just figure that the off arron is part of the color scheme? If not you may have to frog or maybe make it part of the color scheme... and maybe posting here to ask others for something similar may help.

macgillie very nice job!

Ada, Oh my! What a dilemma. I guess I would try to make it look like part of the color changes as suggested above. If that doesn't work, and you know that neither one of you will be 100% satisfied, I guess you will have to frog it. Sorry. How frustrating. Maybe you could go to a different store and see if they have a different batch that is closer to your original.

well the part that is a little off color is like the middle of the blanket... so it's like 1 side is a lighter aran and the the other half is a darker aran... i think it will be ok, my sil is very nice, and a fellow crafter, and she'll be honest with me... if she doesn't like this finished product than i'll make her another one... but frogging this blanket and starting from scratch for a 4th time is just NOT an option. thanks for listening to me ramble... so glad to have listening ears

Yeah :cheer I finished my baby blankie and a pair of booties to match. Tomorrow I am going to begin the snowflakes for neices and nephews, my mom thinks I am nuts for making so many...about 100...:blush But I just cant put the hook down:manyheart . Will figure out how to post pictures tomorrow too. Hope everyones projects are going well.

Anna:angel

So maybe you can find a color that matches the first aaron and use that on the other side of the blanket. Or make another one if your sis doens't like it.

Anna I want to see that baby blanket and booties, those sound cute. One year I did tons of snowflakes too... proably not 100... but many. They are fun to make!

Well, ya'll are keeping me inspired. I got sidetracked for three nights this week making a quick Solomon's knot shawl for a friend's birthday, but I am back on the Christmas gift-making sleigh and two-thirds of the way done with panel no. 3 for the tree skirt. When I get this one done, I'll lay the three out and post an in-progress photo. But I really need to get on my snowflakes. I only got 2 and one-half done on vacation.

My progress report on my daughter presents so far... th_clmXmas2.jpg

is 1/3 finished. I need to buy 2 more skiens of yarn to finish it.

The th_clmXmas1.jpg

is almost finished. I need to line it and it will be done.

The pictures are awful. I had to take them while I was hiding from my daughter. The master Christmas present snooper. She thinks they are in my craft closet. But the presents are hidden elsewhere. She will never find them... :santaHo..Ho..Ho!

I'm A newbe at Crochetville but an "old had At crochet" I DO NOT want a repeat of last year!! I made 12 purses for my two daughters friends in 3 days. That was the first week of Dec. Then soon to be hubby asked me on the second week to make an afghan for his brother with the requirements that it had to be big enough for his bed and in his fav color Red, and....have his name in it. Lucky for me it's Pat BUT I had never attempted to do a graph afghan. Talk about stressing!!:eek Anyway I did complete everything about 5 days before Christmas :clap This year my goal is to have everything done before Thanksgiving!! I am looking for suggestions for gifts to make for about 12 or so girls in the ages of 9-12 I'm not sure if I can top the purse thing but want to try:manyheart

If you want to see last years gifts it's on my much neglected blog...We were in the process of moving for 2months than the move took another 2 months then no internet for 30+ days.

sunrise, i would say for the girls... maybe make them a different purse than the one they got last year.... or if they liked the purses from last year, and you remember the colors you could make them matching scarves to go with the purses...

or, maybe you could make them shrugs or i have some patterns for nice, not so typical ponchos.... they work up pretty quick...

just a few ideas..

or maybe throw pillows.. there are some patterns for nice odd shaped ones, instead of just square... i made my neice a flower shaped pillow last year, and that went over really well...

ADA, What a great idea for pillows that sounds like fun!! I'll have to do some research for some cool patterns. Your flower shaped one did you use a pillow form or just stuff it? Wondering how these would wash? These girls are not the neatest lil things!! :pig LOL The purses had a fun fur flap soooo I could somehow incorporate fun fur into the pillows.

I was thinking and actually started on making lil stockings for on top of their gifts will fill with lip gloss or candy or even pens & penciles. I also started making Robbies Angels in their school colors navy & white I'll put a loop on them for orniments and a magnet for whatever.

I'm off to find some pillow patterns...:c9

sunrise the pillow i made i stuffed, and my sister told me that it washes really well, she hasn't had issues with all the stuffing going to one petal or anything..

good luck!

I think fun fur scrafs would be great for them. And fun. If you use funfur on the boarder of the pillows, most are not machine washable... although they have Baby Fur type yarn that is machine washable. but I guess you could handwash pillows, I'm sure. Or just make a cover that can come off. A cute flower or heart or fun shaped pillow would be nice.

Quick ponchos could also be made. There are some real easy patterns and using fun fur and a big hook with another strand of yarn would make it look fancy without the work.

You could always make them a second purse. A lot of women have more then one purse, so girls could too.

Good luck.

Debbi

well, i finished the bag i'm making my mother... she was originally getting something else, but she saw this bag that I made for someone else and said "i'd love that bag in a creme color".... so being that I can take a hint (or rather recognize a direct statement :rofl) I made quick work of it, and now that is 1 more gift to scratch off my list :yes I'llpost a pic to my blog soon, but wanted to update ya'll on my progress!

Archived