Christmas Gifts 2006- Along

ChayaSar

Anyone can look at this site whether they're a member or not, they just can't post! I haven't told anyone in my family so I don't have to worry about it!:think

Hi all! I have a quick question... Does anyone have family that could possibly come to this website and see what they're getting for Christmas? :) I have family that I tell about this place all the time (Mom and sister crochet) and I'm always wondering if they get on and see this! :) Oh well, if they do they do... I haven't finished much for Christmas presents, but I'm working on it!

Victoria

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i needed to share my progress, i have this week alone completed 25 rows of Danielles blanket, and i think i might be making it too long.... if there is such a thing, lol. its not as wide as i thought, only big enough for one person, so i want it extra long, so i her and her hubby sit on their couch like me and my hubby do (so in theory we could be rubbing eachothers feet....since well we both too big to lay down spooing, lol) then there will be enough for both of them to be covered pretty well.... we'll see how it works now wont we. Ran into a snag and need even more yarn for it, so will be out shopping this weekend to pick some up.

I have only 6 rows left of the round ripple i am making for the pastors new baby, which we found out is a boy, so the bright yellow and white caron ss will be great, and now i know for sure i need to make a little boy outfit for the teddy bear i crocheted him.

i have made 10/20 of the thread snowflakes that i am making for chrsitmas cards, and plan to start today on the jar toppers for my gifts in a jar.... will have about 20 of those. I also need to finish up Jadyn's stocking, and add the frills to Dawn and Mackenzie's and finally put those babies to rest, lol.

I've been real busy and real motivated this week, and am so excited and back in the swing of things. My house is even clean.... :cheer

My camera isnt funcitoning right, i need a new digital camera, maybe santa will bring me one, but i do hope to have pics up soon.

Hope u are all doing well!!!!!

hey vickie, about family peekers, my sil danielle is a member here at the ville, and knows my blog site, i try not to post pics of what im doin for her, but this blanket is something shes been waiting for for like 3 years so she knows its finally coming, lol. if she snoops, well then she doesnt get a surprise, but i think she avoids looking when ive posted about her.

Im in! I have to do lots. mainly hats that take me only 1 hour to do.

Mom and dad :monet afghan

Claire (sister): Fun fur pillows

Rosie (dog): Doggone Cute Sweater *big book of crochet*

Grandma and Grandad: Snowflake afghan

All 100 something of my cousins *AAHHH*: skullcap made with homespun. probably 49 dollars spent on this already.

Aun who is expecting: Baby hat and bunt

I have tons to do. i need to go to Joannes! *rushes out the door*

Sorry I haven't been around lately. I had to do last min. stuff for a 50th anniversary party for my parents. The sibs and I started last Nov.- Dec.

The party was Oct. 21st. It turned out great!! Alot of relatetives (from out of state and Canada) came, about 90 all together.

Now that it's over, I can get back to crocheting.

I finished 18 Christmas stockings, 2 purses, 2 more to go. I like the idea of a big crayon pillow, for a boy. I think I have the pattern somewhere. I hope I have enough time (it'll go to AZ).

Ellier 13

Ok I now have a list of gifts to make:

Great Grandma and Grandad >> Hexagon Motif Lapghan

My Sister Skye >> Comfort Pack

Mum and Dad >> Animal Potholders Set

Jo >> Victorian Rose Doily

That's what i have so far. I have completed 21 motifs for the hexagon lapghan and haven't started on anything else yet. I better get a move on. I only came up with this list yesterday though as I realised I would have time to make more because I'll be able to finish the hexagon lapghan sooner then I thought!!

Will keep you all posted and congratulations you are all progressing so well with your gift lists. GOOD ON YOU! :cheer:clap:hug:ghug:yay

This past weekend I crocheted ornies for my swap partners and finished up ds#4's pillow with his team name and number graphed in. Today I finished dh's pillow with the Greek alphabet( yep, he's a bit of a geek)..tomorrow I start my ds#1's NASCAR graphghan. The color changes will drive me insane. I just talked to him a couple of hours ago and he was coming home from the races in Atlanta.

...I have more ornies to make, an afghan for Jeremy and heather, slippers for Jeremy, a felted purse for Heather, a purse for Emily and maybe some slippers for dh. I need to come up with something for my 7yo neice.

I think I can get everything done. My problem is I get side tracked by cute projects I want to try.

I finished mom's christmas gift, all the way to weaving in the ends (my least favorite part!).:hook

Here's the picture:

IMG_0253.jpg

I'm waiting on a yarn order from Knitpicks to get started on my niece's graduation gift. I have time to play with some snowflakes for the neighbor's gifts. Yay!!

Anna

I finished mom's christmas gift, all the way to weaving in the ends (my least favorite part!).:hook

Here's the picture:

IMG_0253.jpg

I'm waiting on a yarn order from Knitpicks to get started on my niece's graduation gift. I have time to play with some snowflakes for the neighbor's gifts. Yay!!

Anna

How long do you find it takes a ripple afghan? I really like them but am not sure if I have enough time to make one before Christmas.

Yours is very very pretty by the way.

How long do you find it takes a ripple afghan? I really like them but am not sure if I have enough time to make one before Christmas.

Yours is very very pretty by the way.

The regular sc and dc rows in this went really quick, what took a while was the rows of puff stitches (the tan and blue rows between). I could typically do a section of puff stitch, dc, sc, dc, puff stitch rows in about 2.5 to 3 hours, depending on how many times I had to chase the cat off the other end. ;) It also helped that after I had done the first repeat section, I didn't have to consult the pattern again. Usually, once that level of repetition is achieved, the pattern work MUCH faster.

This took me about a month of mostly evenings (about 2 hours each) and Sundays (about 4-5 hours each) to get it done. I'm not the world's fasted crocheter!

Thanks for the compliments! :c9

Anna

Debi -

That's a great blanket! It looks like it shimmers. Is it that the yarn or a camera trick?

:woo

Anna

Thanks Anna! It's the yarn (I just love Homespun). The black is Bernat Chunky, the rest is LB Homespun. And I'm weaving in those "hundreds" of ends today!

I'm making my stepmom a lapghan with Minnie Mouse cross stitched on it, I made her the Mickey Mouse one last year.

So far I have the main part of the lapghan done (158 rows of 110 single crochet in off white) I have the pink cross stiching done (shoes and bow) and I'm started on the purple dress. I've got about a month to get it done cause we usually celebrate with my dad in the begining of Dec.

Wow! I've finished my last afghan! That is 9 afghans total. They are all completely different and many are my own patterns. I haven't had a chance to take photos yet, but I will.

I've also completed my snowflake ornaments, blocked-stiffened and ready to give. This was my first time to make them and I am very pleased with the outcome! I tried different stiffeners and I have decided I prefer the cornstarch method. Again, photos to come.

The other project I have been working on is American girl doll clothes for my granddaughters. I have been very busy creating my own patterns as I haven't found too many out there. I think they will be pleased with their gifts. Some of the clothes are knit instead of crocheted, and I am sewing up some more clothes. Again, photos to come later.

I am currently working on towel toppers for Christmas. Mine are the buttonless type, as I don't care for the type with buttons. I made a really cute pointsetta one and a wreath so far.

I really need to get the camera out! Happy Hooking!

Alright, I am joining in with ya'll because I have a Christmas list longer than I care to think about.

Mom: Snowflake Afghan

Dad: not really sure, he is a difficult one

Rebecca: slippers, socks, something else that I haven't decided on yet

Ashley: slippers, cable purse

Kristen: slippers, necklace

Miko: cow slippers, cow

Meghan: I can't post that here, because she is one the site too

Lindsey: slippers, don't know what else yet

Maria: slippers, coasters

Bruce: slippers, I don't know what else

Barry: slippers

Can anybody sense a theme?

I really hope that I am not getting in over my head with all of this, but it is worth trying for.

I haven't posted in a while - I've been too busy crocheting!! :) I finished an afghan for my aunt a couple weeks ago and the sweet pea shawl for my mother-in-law, and I'm about a third of the way through an afghan for my mom. And today I finally finished 13 sets of coasters my mom asked me to make so she could give away for christmas - whew, what a relief to have that done!! I still plan to make a cat couch, and a couple other things, but I'm making good progress towards christmas.

Crystal - I'd love to see pics of the minnie and mickey afghans, sounds great!!

Bella - what pattern are you using for the slippers?

Happy crocheting everyone!!

All right. I've been really wanting to join one of these things and although I'm starting way late for christmas, it's a hat-a-thon. :lol That's what they all get for me waiting till the last minute!

Bella: a huge triangle shawl

Greg: hat with flowers

Ian: "guy" hat

Geoff: hat, of course!

Courtney: hat with a star on it

Father: an afgahn

Sister and her baby: matching scarfs

The random people I know I'm forgetting (I always do!): hats! woo!

:devil

Archived