Christmas Gifts 2006- Along

ChayaSar

let me try uploading these pics again....

stuff005.jpg

stuff006.jpg

that should work better...

if you still can't see them i kno that they're working on my blog (just click the link in my signature)

i did manage to get a little more done last night and i finished the first skein,

so im definitely making progress

Happy Crocheting,

Crafty Boy

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well to answer all of your questions....

yes, it came from A Year of Afghans Book 13 by Leisure Arts, if you are really interested i can scan the pattern and email it to you.

and she knows im making her something for christmas, other than that she has no idea.

btw, i hit 37 rows tonight!!! lol 37 is an inside joke amongst me and my friends, but it's good progress none the less.

HI everyone, I am ashamed to say I have fallen behind on Christmas gifts. Lucky for me cold weather has moved in, and I should be getting back to business. I have had serious internet issues lately, but am glad to be back. I bought the new houses to paint for this year, and can't wait to get started on them.

And Crafty BOy 13, that is so beautiful, you are doing an amazing job!!! :clap

MOre later, help get me going again folks. Love you all.

Howdy!

I've been on hiatus from C'Ville over the summer, but now I'm back and was excited to see this Christmas gift Crochet-Along; can I still join in? I have been working on gifts for the last month or so and could use the encouragement to keep going! Here is my to-do list (so far):

Dr. Who scarf for husband (started)

kitchen set for mom (started)

kitchen set for MIL

kitchen set for Dad

kitchen set for friend (started)

amigurumi horse for nephew

long pointy winter hat for friend (still need to find pattern)

Looks like everyone is doing great stuff and accomplishing a lot. I'd love to join in the fun.

:turtle Turtleheart :turtle

Welcome to the christmas gifts CAL turtle, glad to have you here..... I would say the only time that would be too late, would be December 26th, lol!!! :rofl

Oh this is the perfect CAL for me because I have FOUR afghans I need to have made before Christmas... all for people I haven't met yet! Ok, I've met one of them... but the rest are girlfriends/wives of my honey's brothers! I only know bits and pieces about each person, and I'm sure I'll meet them over Thanksgiving. But I have to start the afghans immediately! I'm going to be making one for him, too... and I'm going to do it without him knowing... if I can. The wife that I have already met is new to America... from Romania. And she's everything stereotype you've ever heard. lol Young, blonde, and beautiful. She's extremely smart, and I have no idea where to start. UGH... I'm definetely going to need the inspiration of the board to get through this!

I would love to join this also. I actually started the end of July, but i am already finished with a couple of them. I need to get started on the rest. i am making a scarf for my uncles and aunt, an afghan for my brother, and bookmarks for his fiancee. I have the afghan and one of the scarves finished, also one of the bookmarks. I need to get my butt in gear with the rest of it because I usually start baking the first of December and I want to be finished with my crocheted gifts by then.

Well I scrapped the beach bag idea for the girls' friend I found something a little quicker to make. Amigurumi Dude's found here http://www.crochetme.com/amigurumi-dude?emc=&m=154272&v=105550&l=20

I'm adjusting it a bit by adding ears and tails for some bunnies, bears, and kitties. They are turning out sooo cute.

OK... I'm a flop at this.... I made the absolute cutest little tote in a brick red for my son's gf... and after I felted it I fell in love with it....so um... I guess its a trip to Michael's today when I am in Chapel Hill for more wool~sigh~

Ok, count me in. I've actually been working on my Christmas gifts for a couple of weeks now, but this CAL will help to keep me motivated and it will be good to have others :cheer me on as Christmas gets closer. Here is the list of items I have planned with my progress so far:

Mom and Dad -- Drew's Monet Afghan, 1 sq complete, have started 2nd sq

Sister -- Beth's Little Star Afghan, 24 rows complete out of 55

Brother -- Irish Flag Afghan (my own creation), just started this. Since this is my own pattern and I wasn't quite sure how I wanted it, I ended up frogging a couple of times, but I finally have it figured out and am able to keep going.

Co-workers -- Thread snowflake ornaments, I haven't started on these yet

I'm also going to make some scarfs to have on hand just in case there are people that I need a gift for unexpectedly. The other plan is to try and sell some at work for other people to use as Christmas gifts.

I've read through all the posts here so far and everyone's projects look great.

I've hit the halfway point on the afghan I'm making for my mom. I'm working at a pretty good pace for me.

World Series starts soon! If it goes seven games, I'll probably finish it!:hook

Anna

Go Tigers!

i've actually been kind of sidetracked from my lovely afghan by a little project.

have any of you seen the new iPod nano commercial? (the one with the streaks of light) well i found a way to get almost the same effect, so i made something comparable for the Zune (a soon to be released iPod killer from Microsoft)

right now google won't let anyone view it, but once its open for all to see i'll post a link. it actually looks pretty cool.

Hi all! I have a quick question... Does anyone have family that could possibly come to this website and see what they're getting for Christmas? :) I have family that I tell about this place all the time (Mom and sister crochet) and I'm always wondering if they get on and see this! :) Oh well, if they do they do... I haven't finished much for Christmas presents, but I'm working on it!

Victoria

Archived