Christmas Gifts 2006- Along

ChayaSar

I'm in!!! I don't have a real list yet, but I'm planning on making a few scarfs, a couple afghans. Those miniture stockings sound really cute - I think I'll add them to my list! There are other people I want to make stuff for, but haven't decided what yet. Hopefully I can get more organized and have a "real" list together soon!

So far, I have one scarf done and have a scarf and afghan WIP going.

I've read through all of your posts and am amazed at how far along everyone is. This CAL will be really helpful in motivating me!! And this is much better than going to the stores to shop for christmas!

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Joining two CAL's in an hour...man, I must be dense. :help

But I'm in. :tup

I don't think I have too many projects.

1) I have a monster afghan project for my MIL which I think will take up most of the next three months.

2) I'm working on a shrug for my eldest daughter.

3) I'll probably make a baby afghan for my eldest great niece (she'll be about 18 months old) and either a stuffed animal or an afghan for my youngest great niece (she'll be 9 months old).

4) I have a great nephew due right around Christmas time. I'll probably make him a baby afghan for him...dunno if it's going to be a Christmas present or a hospital present. The way things are going, it could be both. :sheepxmas

Been offline for a few weeks..almost thought hubby was going to have to put me in the nut house..no new patterns to print and try at a later time... But I did get a some snowflakes done and my round ripple for my neice who will be 1 in Jan. so I have made some progress.:cheerRead somewhere that someone was making mini sockings...would love to see the pattern..sound intresting...maybe another idea brewing....:devil

Thanks for the link, they're so cute!:clap

I am doing some of those mini Christmas stockings, you can get the recipe here http://www.seafore.com/original/stocking.html :hook I say a recipe because it is a basic out line. They are really cute I'm making some in green & red and some in victorian colors.:stocking

I'm in. I have a small purse pattern I want make for 4 girls (teen and pre-teens), Don't know what to do for a 5 yo boy though. Any ideas?

I've already made 6 Christmas stockings that I hope to sell. I like the little ones, I might try some. I have 6 or more books of smowflake patterns I can make (hate stiffening them though).

Ellie 13

I'm joining in this - so far I have an afghan to make for my kid sister, a scarf to make for my roommate, two stockings to make for one of my older sisters and my BIL so they can hang them up in the new house they just bought together, and AJs dog bone mat for my puppy (don't laugh). Also trying to make something from crochet for my other sister, my soon-to-be second BIL and my parents! 8 gifts in all and I haven't even started yet! I'm going to be really busy these next few months...

penguines did you say Vickie? Penguines are one of my favorite animals, Now you are going to have me searching the net looking for penguine patterns and my b/f will probably kill me after I start making penguine everything to deco his house in lol

I have a stuffed penguin pattern, if you PM me your snail-mail adress I can send you a copy. I also have a snowman pattern if anyone's interested.

Ellie 13 :yes

I'm working on finding a snowflake pattern for thread that i don't think will kill me,.... think i've found one, want to put them in with christmas cards.. but today i'm working on Danielle's throw... or will be once my hubby wakes up and i can go in the master bedroom and sit in the AC.... I want to get 15-20 rows of this throw done today/tonight... I know I can do it, each row takes 20min, less once I actually get started, and I'm never in bed by midnight, so if i work from 8pm (when kids go to bed) until I"m done, I think I can do it... "Focus ada Focus"... I'll let ya know tomorrow how I did!

I have some snowflake patterns that are easy (stiffening them is a pain though). PM a snail-mail adress and I can send a copy. Good luck.

Ellie 13

Here are some things I've been working on, I need to make more of the tissue covers, and I haven't decided if I like this snowflake or not.. so please give honest feed back.... I want to make snowflakes for my windows, these are easy, but i'm not sure I think they are all that pretty... and the stocking, I need to make 2 more, changing the order of the colors, so that each of my 3 daughters has 1... this one is for Mackenzie, who is holding it up for me :D

th_DSC00595.jpg Pattern

th_DSC00594.jpg need honest opinions of this snowflake... don't want my windows to be unattractive... pattern was on-line, can't find link now tho

th_DSC00592.jpg this is all granny squares ( 7 of them), the frilly border on the top I did in 2 rnds around the opening, rnd 1: (sc, ch3) in ea st around and rnd 2: 5dc in ch3 sp, ch1... all the way around. No pattern for this one, just figured it out, by looking at the one my great-grandmother made me when i was a baby.

Question for the stocking.... should I add a pom-pom at the toe, and the top of the foot? or leave it as it is... or only a pom-pom at the toe??

If you PM a snail-mail adress, I can send you some snowflake patterns.

That one looks a little thick, if it's done with really fine thread it might be ok. Ellie 13

I have quickly scanned through all the posts and I am thrilled and amazed by everyones progress. Everyone is doing such a wonderful job. I can already tell a lot of people are going to have a wonderful Christmas. :wreath

I have a question for y'all, Last year I made 12 purses for gifts for dd's friends, Would it be 'goofy' to make them market/beach bags this year??:think Maybe put with it a book marker, sun glasses case, hair scrunchie, fuzzy flip flops, or a can cozy. It gets soooo cold here:wcold by Christmas time everyone is ready for summer weather.

Or.....would hats & scarves be more appropiate??

I have a question for y'all, Last year I made 12 purses for gifts for dd's friends, Would it be 'goofy' to make them market/beach bags this year??:think Maybe put with it a book marker, sun glasses case, hair scrunchie, fuzzy flip flops, or a can cozy. It gets soooo cold here:wcold by Christmas time everyone is ready for summer weather.

Or.....would hats & scarves be more appropiate??

What a cool idea!!!!! I like it!!!! Maybe include a beach postcard?

Ellie, looks good. Love the sock.

Love the Beach Bag idea!

Dad's Afghan Sqaures started.

1stsquare.jpg

The blue square I've done

2ndsquare.jpg

The off white one I've started.

I'm using square #33 Silt Stitch square from the 63 Easy to Rcochet Pattern Stitches leaflet.

Still working on my crochet quilt...

Debbi

I have a question for y'all, Last year I made 12 purses for gifts for dd's friends, Would it be 'goofy' to make them market/beach bags this year??:think Maybe put with it a book marker, sun glasses case, hair scrunchie, fuzzy flip flops, or a can cozy.

Don't take this wrong but you totally forgot something... CHOCOLATE!!! You need to put chocolate in those beach bags. Book markers, sun glasses cases, hair scrunchies, fuzzy flip flops, or a can cozies are all great but chocolate is awesome. :devil

Oh yeah!! HOW could I forget one of the main food groups....CHOCOLATE!! LOL At that age they do crave it... not sure if I can handle it when puberity hits.......I'll have to SHARE my stash!! LOL:rofl :rofl :rofl

Thanks everyone for the encouragement, NOW I have a game plan.

Huggles, Sunrisedq

Debbie,

Beautiful job on your blue square! :) I think I have the same booklet so I'll check out square # 33. Are you making the squares for an afghan and if so will you be using the same square for the entire piece or using different squares from the book? In any event, it'll be a beauty when completed. :cheer

I'm very impressed by everyone's lists and already completed items for Christmas. I think I need to commit by actually listing my "hope to complete" for the upcoming season so here goes,

1. Lap Blanket (my Mom...and I'm near to completetion on this)

2. Coaster sets (Friends)

3. Opal Socks (my Daughter-in-Law)

4. Leg Warmers (my Mom)

5. Aran Baby Blanket (my new grandbaby)

6. Hats (nephew, sons)

All of the above with the exception of the hats, have been started and are in different stages of completion but it will take some good old fashioned self discipline to make sure they ALL get finished in time. Good luck to everyone with all of your lovely projects and we can continue to cheer each other on here. :yay

I am going to use the same pattern and make a variety of color of squares in shades of blue, white and off white. Since I crochet so looose my squares are about 8-9 inches instead of 7 inches, without the final boarder (not sure which color yet, probably a blue).

Debbi

PS: I noticed my blue square looks a little off, but it's just started and I sort of took the pic on an angle... :P

sunrisedq - I love the beach theme idea for the girls!!

-----

I think I finally have most of my crochet to-do list together for christmas...or at least "wish" list since I don't think I'll ever have enough time to complete it all!

Afghan in sage green - mom

Afghan in blue - aunt

4 scarves - aunts

Afghan - nephew

Shawl in teak - mother-in-law

Stuffed penguin - hubby

Stuffed animal (not sure what specifically yet) - niece

mini stockings - lots of people

luckily I've started some of it already, I have 3 scarves done, and half of the afghan for my nephew completed. And I ordered yarn today for two of the afghans, so that should be all the yarn I'll need for my projects. Now, if I'm able to complete all of these by christmas, I'll be happy!! Of course, there are a couple other people I'd like to make afghans for, but that'll probably have to wait until next year, unless I want to quit my job and stay home and crochet from now till christmas. :) You can see a couple things I'm working on on my blog.

Everyone's great ideas here have encouraged me to get this list together and get to work!

Count me in! I have a few bed dolls I want to make for some older relatives who've mentioned having them when they were young girls. :)

btw - how do i add the button to my sig? thanks in advance...

In another place and time, I would LOVE to join everyone! I have too many things on my plate at the present so I'm not planning on making gifts. However . . . I will definitely be reading and making a list of all the great ideas. Happy crocheting to all of you!

:cheer

Archived