Christmas Gifts 2006- Along

ChayaSar

What better way to start out on a new board then jumping right into a CAL!:hook

I just started making the bag for this doll set. I'm hoping that with all the leftover baby yarn that I have I won't need to buy anything else but the doll.:)

I also need to make gifts for 2 other girls aged 6 to 10, but not sure just what to make yet. I also would like to make that "golden snitch" bookmark.

I'm excited to join all of you in this CAL!:yay

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm in!! I am starting back on one of a bunch of Christmas tree skirts for each of my sisters (I started one but need to return to it) and they are also getting felted totes. One tote is done, but not felted, so I need to make the other. If I can squeeze another tote in for my friend L, that would be good, too. Last year everyone got scarves, scrunchies, and one sis got place mats. I am also working on snowflakes for my trees. Good for us, all starting so soon. And yea, I think an only handmade gifts holiday would be great. Lavelle, how about adding towel toppers if they like them to the kitchen idea, or tea cosies (I'm pushing our soon to start tea cosy swap shamelessly here! :lol ), or Cupcake's potluck casserole toppers? Patty

DesertCrocheter, What pattern are you using for your tree skirt? That sounds like a fun project and one I have not done before.

I just hope I can get all the ideas I have running through my head finished in time for Christmas!!

somehow my list keeps growing... i think i need to stop looking up new ideas for a while and go with what I've got! :lol

If poeple would stop posting what they've crocheted then I wouldn't want to make one too;)

I know, i'm nuts, but i'd like to do it all, and get it all done! :yes:lol:rofl

Me to.

I am in -

:gift:ctreeMY LIST:ctree:gift

DD – Scarf [100 % done] & Hat [100% done]

DS - Hat [100% done]

DH - Scarf [100% done]

MIL - Wreath Hotpads [100% done]

BIL - Scarf [100% done]

Uncle S. - Scarf [100% done] & hat [100% done]

Uncle J. - Scarf [100% done]

Uncle B. - Scarf [100% done]

Aunt - Thread Angel [100% done] & Angel ClothesPin Doll [100% done]

Aunt's Father - Lapghan (native american/Indian) [100% done]

I am crossing my fingers I can get done with all of these long before Christmas 2006.

penguines did you say Vickie? Penguines are one of my favorite animals, Now you are going to have me searching the net looking for penguine patterns and my b/f will probably kill me after I start making penguine everything to deco his house in lol

penguines did you say Vickie? Penguines are one of my favorite animals, Now you are going to have me searching the net looking for penguine patterns and my b/f will probably kill me after I start making penguine everything to deco his house in lol

LOL, yep my hubby is a Penguin Lover.... he has like ummm... 80 different penguins. Tiny 1" figuires to big 24" fluffy stuffed penguins.

http://www.******/crochet/pen.htm

http://www.kreinik.com/kshop/product.php?productid=108&cat=33&page=2

(make this one with yarn and goggly eyes and it is soo cute!)

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=30488.0

http://www.etsy.com/view_item.php?listing_id=343988

http://www.craftdesigns4you.com/crochetpenguin.htm

That is just a few.

Well, here is what ive made so far. they are mini stockings that could be used for ornaments or whatever. :manyheart they are just thre right size to put something like money or lip gloss or something like that in. :yes i also want to make one that has a really long top part (above the heel) and then like put pens in it or something.

mycoolstockings.jpg

i used a pattern that i had saved but i dont remember where i got it from so i will try to find it and when i do i will post a link.

--EDIT--

I found the link to the pattern! here it tis:http://www.seafore.com/original/stocking.html

thanks for looking!

Megan

I'm working on finding a snowflake pattern for thread that i don't think will kill me,.... think i've found one, want to put them in with christmas cards.. but today i'm working on Danielle's throw... or will be once my hubby wakes up and i can go in the master bedroom and sit in the AC.... I want to get 15-20 rows of this throw done today/tonight... I know I can do it, each row takes 20min, less once I actually get started, and I'm never in bed by midnight, so if i work from 8pm (when kids go to bed) until I"m done, I think I can do it... "Focus ada Focus"... I'll let ya know tomorrow how I did!

good luck Ada I wanted to get 5 rows of my round ripple done today but even with my ac set at 60 and the one down stiars on the house is still too hot to have the afgan on me to crochet it =o( Gotta love when the teps reach 101 but it feels like 115 outside. Good luck though I hope you reach your goal I might go out tonight just so I can sit in my car and crochet in my car's ac lol

such a great idea I'm gonna steal your christmas list blog idea ada :) post what i'm going to make everyone for christmas on my blog so that way yall can keep better uptodate on my progress .. I'm so excited to see that i'm not the only one who has started christmas allready lmao I started a month ago what are you guys waiting for ... :)

Well, I didn't do the 15-20 rows I wanted, as I was crocheting in the dark and going slower than I normally would, but I did complete 10 rows of my throw for Danielle last night!!!! Which felt really good to do... also I figured I'm between 50-60 rows away from being finished with it completely.... maybe 70, depending on how long I make it.... but even if my 1 day a week I only do 10 rows that's only 5-7 weeks left till i finish... and that's well before the Thanksgiving deadline I'm giving myself for all crocheted presents.... and that's exciting for me.

But seriously, the person who made that King Size Ghan in 6 months..... hats off to 'em!!! That is very impressive!!

I went shopping today for yarn! Meijers has Caron 1lb & Bernat super saver (which is very nice & soft!) on sale. I am now stocked and ready for work.

I started another afghan last night, I'm calling it my "warm & woodsy" afghan. It is made with 2 strands together (1 a soft rust, the other a variegated). The pattern is just a simple one to do in front of the TV - sc, ch 1, sc etc. and then the next row is sc in ch1 sp and ch 1. I got 15" done last night which turned out to be 1 8 oz sk. with a P hook.

I'm still stitching together my snowflake afghan. I will have it done soon. And, I have another 4 patterns picked out and yarn ready to hook.

Wow you are doing great. Kathryn That sounds like a nice afghan. I think I may have to do a few with 2 strands and a big hook and that's an easy pattern to do (I did a sweater in that pattern). If I end up doing more afghans, not sure yet... Thanks for sharing the idea!

Debbi

Thanks Debbi. I like the pattern because the afghan has no holes (which is a requirement from my children!) and the double strands make it thick and warm. It is turning out to look very masculine (because of the colors). I think my oldest son will like it. I do like to do simple stitches inbetween complicated patterns - just a change of pace.

My tendonitis is better, so I'm probably going to start doing more squares for the Christmas Afghan. Of course, it's positively ridiculous to be even thinking of crocheting Wool-ease Chunky in a heat wave, but I do have another Christmas project I'm also going to be working on, so I have to get a move-on with this one.

I swear, I feel like the globe has shifted and we're now where Florida used to be...:think

Just wanted to post an update. I should be finished with my bedspread this weekend (I hope...) And then I will be able to get started on the Christmas presents! I have added one to the list, I found a pattern for a table topper (for those little round occassional tables) that I want to make for my Mom. So, hopefully, next week I will be able to post updates for THIS CAL. :lol

Hope it's not too late for me to join. What a great idea! I've got a whole bunch on my list for Christmas gifts:

Hats for son (done), daughter (WIP), husband

Blanket/pillow set for son, daughter (done except for sewing ends)

Sachet sets for siblings/parents/in-laws (WIP)

Stuffed toys, blankets(?) for nieces/nephews

Wow! That sounds like a lot! Hmm, wish me luck!

It's never too late to join this CAL.... well maybe Dec 26th is a lil late :lol SO glad to be reading everyone's ideas and can't wait to see what everyone has completed.... now I need to find a CD of Christmas Music, and keep myself in Christmas mode =) I'll have some pics up tonight, I finished a couple things, some stocking stuffer items whose patterns I wanted to test, and an ornament. I decided I like the Pocet Tissue Covers, and I found a ww snowflake pattern, I'm making a bunch of to put in the windows of my house =). I want to complete a few more of each of these things, and post them together... do as little uploading as possible :rofl

Later.

Kathryn- So funny that you posted about that 2 strand afghan! Today I went to the Rag Shop where I always stop and admire the bin of Caron Pounders they have out front. I am drawn to the varigated and matching solids but can never figure out what to do with them so I just look. I did buy a Crystalite hook in Size S because I wanted my DD to try it.

So tonight I pulled out two skeins of Red Heart and did up a swatch of your pattern. It was very easy to do once I got the hang of it. Now I can go back to the Rag Shop and rescue a couple of pounders and start a TV afghan to work on!

I need the simple mindless patterns. My almost 7 year old is autistic and from

the time he comes home until the time he goes to bed it's like living with a kangaroo! I cannot follow patterns when he is awake and once he goes to sleep all I want to do is watch TV.

I think at this moment, I have two Xmas presents already in the works, but once I'm done with the MAM, I'll be starting on another 3 or so. I cannot work on only one thing at a time, so I told myself I can work on as many as I want now as long as they are ALL for Christmas gifts.

My Gerber Daisy afghan (Flower CAL) is the only one I have pictures of at this point...

Archived