And Then There Were 12 ( final Birthstone doily done )

Katchkan

This is the final doily for the birthstone doilies. I can't believe I have all twelve doilies done.

This is the Turquoise doily, It is my Birthstone so I saved it for last. I am calling this one Treasured Turquoise. I decided that I wanted this one to be just a little different. So instead of Roses I did Carnations. I also used a unusual shape It's not quite square and it's not quite round. It was a lot of fun to make. I used size 10 thread and a 7 /1.65mm hook. I also added a blending filament to make the turquoise stand our even more. It measures 14 and 1/2 inches across. I hope you all like my final effort for these doilies. I have enjoyed the Challenge.

I want to Thank everyone for all the encouragement, You are all pretty special.:hug

treasuredTurquoise2.jpg

Detailttb.jpg

Detailtt.jpg

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kathy can't see the doily:( but I bet its as stunning as the rest of your doilies:)

hugs

Vims

Kathy my hubby had changed some settings!! Now I can see your exquisite creation!!!This is truly amazing 12 doilies and each one a beauty!!!

:yay

Vims

WOW!!!! :eek:lol You saved the best for last, Kathy!!!!! :yay I love this one the best!!!!! :manyheart You really work fast and I still haven't started on testing the Priceless Peridot! I'm trying to finish the purse for the spring swap so I can start testing.......can't wait!:D

WOw Kathy! All of your designs are so innovative! Ivy leaves with carnations in a doily combined with that unique shape. Lovely! We'll all be cheering you on as you do a publisher search! I just know you'll be picked up by somebody! :):hug:manyheart

OK I am weepy today anyway but dang that is so beautiful it brought tears to my eyes.

I really do hope you intend on making a book out of these I will be lined up to be one of your first orders for it!

Archived