Granny Squares for those that need them cal 2018

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So sorry Linda and may he rest in eternal peace

Hi holly good to see you!

MIni watched you video thank you I did t know what they were either!

So sorry Mary Jo isn't that always the case though!

hoping for a better aft for you

Hi TRibble and anyone else I missedll I. Off for a while folks

see you all later. ❤️????????????????

Just heard from the Asthma Dr.  They want me to try only using one inhalant.  That is fine with me, because I am in the Medicare donut, I save big bucks.  :yay  :clap  :cheer  :woo 

Love the video Lea, did not know what you meant.  Well, I guess you learn something every day.

Hi, everyone we need your prayers, My husband may have to have 2 surgeries. One on his neck. And another on his lower back. And  my Mother will need surgery soon. As soon as the heart DR says it is OK for her to have it. My husband has to have a heart cath first. To see if he will be able to be put to sleep during surgery. My Mother has to have Stress Test tomorrow. Please pray for my family. Thank you Arlene

Linda - so sorry for your loss :hug :hug :hug may he rest peacefully

Arlene - prayers your way that your husband and mother do well with their surgeries

Otherwise, hope all are well, or mending :ghug

Here's a pic of the 'ghan I'm working on...I'm wondering how far I can get with it. The pattern seems to only go to the third layer, but I want to see if I can get it even bigger :lol Sorry about the blurriness of it. It wouldn't focus right :(

post-41261-0-79181000-1466107494_thumb.jpeg

anyone else getting a screen freeze,where nothing will move up or down,its been happening more and more here at crochetville to me.

Snowbear prayers for you and your family

Katiebug,that afghan is awesome

Linda sorry for your loss. Wonder why they didnt want to let people know about his condition.

Arlene will keep your family in my prayers.

Lea thanks for the video. I love seeing the different things people are doing.

Mary Jo hope you make it ok with the one inhaler. One less medicine so less money is always good

Katybug love your afghan.

Really hot as it made it to 100 actual temp today. Not feeling terribly good as the head cold is dropping to my chest.

Man it is still like 99 out. Heat index is way past that we are sweltering here lol

Too hot to work on the ripple will have to finish in the cooler am.

Well not much accomplished here today due. To the heat. Good thing I did some laundry the other day cause I sure don't want

To add dry heat and humidity to the air.

IF I had a pool. I would have spent the last week and a half in it!! Most people here don't have pools though LOL noL

CArol has probably headed out to her daughters. I hope she has a good time.

Brenda how are yo managing In the uncomfortable weather. Do you still have some. BOnsai trees outside??or do they not do

Well in hotter weather?we need some rain to cool things off here for sure!

Well too warm to think anymore lol I'll sign off for a while and go fix me. A cool tall glass of ice tea. Ex

Tea. Extra ice,

So sorry Arlene. We will kweep you in our thoughts and prayers and please keep us updated.

Gorgeous ghan Katie. You always make such pretty things. And ms Mary Jo if you save money on the inhaler issue that is more money for cotton!! Sorry you are not feling well yet hope you do soon a summer cold is about the worst cold you can have! Drinks lots

And rest much!

Well my brain is spent now where is that ice tea??

Bgs, hope you feel better soon! I hate colds in general, but having them when it's nice out is the worst, I think! :hug

Well, I'm back off. Getting the kids ready for bed, and then to the yarn I go...maybe. May go to bed too, no telling. Depends on when the kids fall asleep and my friend gets here to steal her son back :lol Oh, and get the kitchen cleaned up. Can't go to sleep with dishes needing cleaned off.

Anywho, :ghug and good night all!

I've been obsessively working on the girls' Harry Potter blankets. I am almost finished with Alicia's,  which is great because her birthday is next week. Then I have 5 weeks to finish Sami's before her birthday.

snowbear keeping you and family in my prayers.

Tampa doll hope all works out.

pineknott I am so sorry. The one that really isn't my friend her mom passed away in Feb. And I just found out. I don't understand either.

Hi all. New job is going really good. Kids are doing great. Didn't realize it's been a few days since I checked in. :hug for all. It's bedtime for me, so good night.

Great news on the job.

Holly can't wait to see the afghan.  I am sure she is going to love it.

Good Morning Everyone,

The sun is out, waiting for rain, and it is warm as usual.  The lizards are running around and I saw my favorite rabbit yesterday.

Not much planned today, except to hopefully finish the doll I am working on.  I do have to poke my head into the cotton room to see who is dancing around to be made into a toted. 

Have a fun day today.

Good Morning! Been up for a while getting things done and now on to make my Steam Punk Post card.

I like the idea of the pocket letters but one question for now. What are they for? Okay a few questions. Are you suppose to journal on them or are they just for decoration in a book? Do you pick your thing (theme) or do you have guide lines? I scrapbook and have tons of stuff. I watched a few videos on it and they all put the little extras behind the cards. What do you do with the extras?

For me today will continue to clean house and watch little man. He isn't feeling to well. Let's say this week hasn't been the grandest of weeks.

Linda I am getting screen freeze here on my phone today.

Sandra looks like its a scrapbookers version on penpals. You mail out the pocket letters to others. You are basically using the pockets to make a card to send. They put little extras or gifts in the sleeves for their penpal to use like stickers ribbon etc. Unless you were in a group or you and your penpal set a theme looks like you can do anything. You can use this technique for making pages for your own scrapbooks.

Linda I am getting screen freeze here on my phone today.

Sandra looks like its a scrapbookers version on penpals. You mail out the pocket letters to others. You are basically using the pockets to make a card to send. They put little extras or gifts in the sleeves for their penpal to use like stickers ribbon etc. Unless you were in a group or you and your penpal set a theme looks like you can do anything. You can use this technique for making pages for your own scrapbooks.

Yes, that's it... you swap theme... I keep mine in a binder... the goodies int he back are just little gifts, extras. You can either agree on a theme , or just do your owm thing...I have one going out now for an animal lover and I used a deck of printed animal cards my parents had picked up years ago in Africa and decorated each with washi tape, stickers..etc...

Pineknott- So sorry about your cousin.  What a shame.

Snowbear- my prayers are with you.

Katie and Katiebug- love your afghans.  They are looking so nice.

Howieann-I bet you can't wait to finish, but they sound like they are coming along nicely.

Just a quick check in.

Haven't been online much, Sorry to hear the sad news and thought with all during medical testing and surgeries.

Hope to get to check in tomorrow.

Hello,

So much going on with all of you.

Linda, I'm sorry for your loss.

Arlene, I hope all goes well for your husband and mother.

Brenda, I hope you are feeling better.

Owlvamp, I hope little man is feeling better.

Mary Jo, I hope all goes well with the medicine change.

Katiebug, the afghan is so pretty.

I hope everyone else is doing well.

We had a great day at Disney Blizzard Beach yesterday and then went to Disney Springs to wander through the shops and had dinner at Paradiso, it was the firts time we've eaten there and it was very good food and service. Blizzard Beach wasn't as busy as we expected, even one of the cast members said it wasn't as busy as usual for a Friday. Disney Springs didn't seem as crowded either. I don't know abut the other parks and resorts since we didn't go to any but the overall atmosphere was good. 

I think our plans today include a trip to Michaels but not sure about anything else. Have a great day everyone!

So glad you had a good time at Disney.  I had heard they closed all the water parks, but I guess, again, the news was wrong.

Happy Saturday Everyone.  I hope to get some pictures up of Strawberry Shortcake.  I finished her yesterday.  The face in not like the one on the cover, because I painted the eyes and mouth on. 

Hope you all have a nice day.

Archived