Granny Squares for those that need them cal 2018

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Morning all.

I was an early riser today as well as of the time right now 10.40 am I have been up since 630 So four hours already. Got some laundry in and out this am while the house was cool and I could dry without bringing our inside temps up l

Then fixed a bit to eat and got dresses and then handyman had an apt at 9 so I went to Walgreens and now i am ho e again. I'm going out later but home for right now.

Sorry you did t sleep well Brenda you are a worrier too I assume I got that from my mom but raising four kids by herself (dad died when I was 5 or 6). I guess she had plenty to worry about huh.

PIneknot is up bright and ealy. Hope Rene is more back to herself today!

Hi Carol and TRibble and crochetfan. Good to see you are all doing ok.

Thanks for our Jade pic she is such a doll. Still no word from Amy. I wonder why it takes so bloopity goop long to get an answer you know. It's a relatively EASY fix I hope so what is the constant week wait for a reply. They really need to do something about their staff maybe get some help or something! This is getting to be very frustrating every time. Maybe hire o ne person you know to take care of these kinds of minor things and free up Amy for more complicated probs huh. Just a thought.

Enough I refuse to dwell onThe negative today lol

Running out later as I am out of just a few things nothing major. Won't take long. Oh I have to pmJessica aa d see if she is still collecting pink and grey and white squares in 6 or 12 inch. Sept is coming soon enough and I li,ke to work ahead.

All for now enjoy your y ladies!! Looks like rain is coming here!

Thanks Brenda I will try that link from the desk top when I get back I don't need it with the iPad apparently it s lways on which helps I Ithink really their filters are a bit can we say Over Zealous in their endeavor to stop spam. Lol I think it could ease up a bit and still be able to keep spam out and not members!!

Boy not being on yesterday I sure did miss a lot.  Tribble, my hibiscus is about 15 to 20 years old.  They stay outside and get trimmed regularly.  My neighbor use to call, when I cut them down to nothing, trimming, take not prisoners.  They get out of hand, especially when the humidity is up.

Went for the 3 month check-up and the last time we will see this Dr.  We go to the new on in Sept.

Lea, I can get in trouble just waking up. :rofl 

Spent all day yesterday finishing up the tote.  It is now ready for it's close up.

Oh I got a surprise in the pm's this morning.  Someone has the Caron Cuddle Soft yarn in Baby Green.  They are going to send me 4 skeins.  As I was told better to have to many, then not enough.

Jade is just adorable and Hey she has a friend.

Well off to check everyone else out, then on to dress a doll.

Have fun.

Katy unfortuneately taking care of crochetville is a labor of love and not a paying gig. In fact it actually costs to keep it up. We used to have fund raisers to help cover costs and keep access free rather than a subscription site. As time went on they were able to defray costs with ads. As you pointed out there are only two of them and life issues do happen. Theres not always a lot of time left in a day between jobs and family. I often wonder when they will decide its just too much and close the site down for good.

I just wanted to drop in an say  :waving . Sorry I haven't been on here. I have been busy crochet this dragon. Putting it together now. So, you all take care  :hug  Chat later.

Hi all.

Well Tampa I am glad someone had that yarn for you!!

BGs. Starting. In May three times yep. Patience is defiantly thinning lol

H I Arlene. Good to see you back. ! Hope you are feeling much better.

Sandra how are you doing is the pain subsiding yet.

It is hot hot here almost unbearable. I feel sorry for people with things like COPD cause this weather even makes it hard for even Normal breathing people to breathe.

Hi Carol and TRibble and crochetfan good to see you all posting too.

What plans does everyone have for the fourth. ..

There is the annual Parade and celebration in my home town about 7 miles south of us here but kind OF will shy away froM. Anything thaT is out in the heat.

I Want to see Independence Day 2 but it doesn't come out yet till later I. July.

We will find something to do that is cooler lol

And I would li,e to see zoo too. Do t worry I will cover my eyes if mean bears come on lol

Other than that no plans set in stone yet. We are free and clear for this fourth. I remember we ha d company last fourth and I remember a trip to the er too for handy man who had trouble breathing. Turned out t o. Be all the smoke I. The air from all the fireworks!!

It was really thick last year eceryone was having breathing difficulty

Try to stay in this year away from it all.

Well that it for now I guess I will see you all a bit later on. Have a good evening all!!!!❤

Hey, I am feeling better. It is real hot here too. I have to stay inside. I have asthma real bad. The heat really gets to me. Other than that I am doing good. Take care

It's anotherr fine sunshiney day here today.

Birdies are singing and it's not too hot here yet. Temps are supposed to be a bit It cooler too so we'll see.

I slept good last night other than a few dreams that didn't seem too much like good dreams lol

I still have my s crrap balls probably about I dunno ten or so small balls left. It I have made quite a few

6 I ch squares fro. All the rest!

. I will photo them later for you

Question for you all. I don't spend much time on. Ravely so I don't know much Bout how it runs. It is my understanding at least that to post a pic there you have to pay a fee??? That can't be. CAn it. Wow I wondered why you seldom see any pics on their forums. Does anyone k now if that is true?

I love to go there and cruise the pretty pics in the patterns section but really besides that I am not there too much

Ok well I'm gonna go and pop something in the toaster as I am a little hungry lol so I'll be back a bit later,,take care and have a golden morning!!❤????????????????.

Cant believe this month is nearly over. Still feel really drained from the heat, heatpump install, and weekend activities. No big plans for the 4th. I used to always work it. We have dads yard to mow and might need to mow here too. Dh will be on standby with the fire dept for a fireworks display at Powell Gardens on Sat night. I could go but never do because of the heat and breathing problems. Smoke really bothers me. I want to see the new Star Trek movie. We are supposed to have cooler or not so hot weather for awhile. Have lots of outdoor work to catch up on.

It's anotherr fine sunshiney day here today.

Birdies are singing and it's not too hot here yet. Temps are supposed to be a bit It cooler too so we'll see.

I slept good last night other than a few dreams that didn't seem too much like good dreams lol

I still have my s crrap balls probably about I dunno ten or so small balls left. It I have made quite a few

6 I ch squares fro. All the rest!

. I will photo them later for you

Question for you all. I don't spend much time on. Ravely so I don't know much Bout how it runs. It is my understanding at least that to post a pic there you have to pay a fee??? That can't be. CAn it. Wow I wondered why you seldom see any pics on their forums. Does anyone k now if that is true?

I love to go there and cruise the pretty pics in the patterns section but really besides that I am not there too much

Ok well I'm gonna go and pop something in the toaster as I am a little hungry lol so I'll be back a bit later,,take care and have a golden morning!!❤????????????????.

Katy this is what it says about adding photos on Ravelry

Uploading directly to forum posts, comments, and private messages costs $5 for 1 year of access.

PS - If you'd like to share project or stash photos you can do that for free by adding them to your project notebook first.

You're welcome to try this out for 2 weeks!

The other option was to link to them using flicker instagram etc.

#1crochetfan has a group there and adds photos so maybe she can give us her thoughts.

I was just going to dispute the claim of having to pay to upload pictures.  I have up loaded pictures to Ravelry, and have not been charged a fee.  I posted pictures of a Cal I was in and I also have posted pictures of what I have made.

Jello air from 7 AM this morning.  I do so want to go in the pool, but the allergies will not let me.  The pollen count must be very high today.  Just going out for the paper this morning and watering the plugs, has my eyes watering, the nose stuffy and the head pounding.  I have taken my Mucinex for sinuses, but the head has a dull throb now.

Finished everything for the tote and I am on my way to post pictures.

Keep cool everyone.

Mary Jo did you upload your photos directly from your computer to Ravelry or link to your photos in flcker or photobucket? I pretty much direct upload photos here using my phone and I would have to pay a fee to do that on ravelry.

Well thank you Bgs and Tampa I knew I had heard about a fee of 5 bucks but that is do-able I guess if that is a One time fee and goes for unlimited pics! A good deal if it is.

So sorry. AbOut you allergies acting up Tampa. I am allergic to smoke as well. So I know this time of year is a tough one on all of us with allergies and And such.

BS do t go working too hard out there and get yourself worn down again. I know there is plenty to do around here too I. The yard

But refuse to worry about it. In. The heat we have been having.

I have some chicken breasts in the crock pot today! So as not to heat up the house with an oven. It smells good already or is that just the onion I. Am smelling?? Lol

been out and back in already this am. DO.c gave handyman a script for inflammation in His hip area so I ran out and got that earlier

Got some pretties laid out for you to see. These are about half of what I finished up with scrap balls.

Here are 14 of them anyway.

post-40621-0-67056100-1467135872_thumb.jpg

And the other half????????

post-40621-0-40197400-1467136394_thumb.jpg

Good afternoon !

My shoulder does good if I don't move it. If not better by Friday will go for MRI's. Just lovely . A church cut some trees down and offer the wood for free. Really nice size trees to make things out of like, stool seats, camp fire seats, couple I want to turn into checker boards. I have plans for it. The smaller pieces will be for the girls to have for their fire pit. Problem was we had to get all this our selves. Hubby worked so just me and the girls. I can do it but just over did it. I was drench completely to my skin when I was done. Not mentioning the pain I was in and the next week was even worse. I can not move my left arm up much or hold a can with out pain shooting up, which then shoots right up into the shoulder to the head which causes a huge migraine. Lots of rest DR. Said. I said who has time for rest when so much has to get done. He said after MRI's it could be surgery. Nope trying to rest as much as I can. I'm trying to keep a low profile.

Tampa doll sorry about the allergy's . That is terrible if you can walk to mailbox without feeling that way. I have none and am very grateful for it.

Good afternoon !

My shoulder does good if I don't move it. If not better by Friday will go for MRI's. Just lovely . A church cut some trees down and offer the wood for free. Really nice size trees to make things out of like, stool seats, camp fire seats, couple I want to turn into checker boards. I have plans for it. The smaller pieces will be for the girls to have for their fire pit. Problem was we had to get all this our selves. Hubby worked so just me and the girls. I can do it but just over did it. I was drench completely to my skin when I was done. Not mentioning the pain I was in and the next week was even worse. I can not move my left arm up much or hold a can with out pain shooting up, which then shoots right up into the shoulder to the head which causes a huge migraine. Lots of rest DR. Said. I said who has time for rest when so much has to get done. He said after MRI's it could be surgery. Nope trying to rest as much as I can. I'm trying to keep a low profile.

Tampa doll sorry about the allergy's . That is terrible if you can walk to mailbox without feeling that way. I have none and am very grateful for it.

So sorry to hear about the shoulder.  I do hope it is nothing serious.

Oh Sandra so sorry.  I hope you don't have to have surgery.  I know what you mean about no time to be down sick or with aches and pains.  

katy that is $5 per year and you have a really pretty pile of squares.

Mary Jo this morning I went over and started clicking on things to see how to do photos there.  I clicked on the photo in the reply and thats when the info I posted above came up.  I don't know if it is something new or if its always been that way.  They are giving you two weeks free trial.  After that I figure if you don't pay in advance they just won't upload because it would be hard to make you pay after you have already uploaded.  It looks like it will let you upload from your computer to your project notebook and then move the photo to forum posts for free.  It just looked like a lot to fill in about your project just to get a photo over in a post and I don't think it will let me do it from my phone.  I tried but I might not have had a good connection.  Next time you upload one over there directly from your computer let us know if it worked and how you did it.  Maybe I am missing something.

Hello everyone.

Linda and Sandra, I hope you are both feeling better.

My day started with a trip to the dentist for a general check up and cleaning. I have to go back tomorrow to start on a crown for a cracked tooth and I will have to schedule another appointment to get a cavity taken care of  :no

Then I ran a couple of errands and picked up chic-fil-a for lunch. I've spent the rest of the day in my sewing room.

After my appointment tomorrow I'm going with my daughter to register the baby at the day care center she will be attending when I go back to work in August. The day care is at the hospital where my daughter works.

Have a great evening.

Hello everyone.

Linda and Sandra, I hope you are both feeling better.

My day started with a trip to the dentist for a general check up and cleaning. I have to go back tomorrow to start on a crown for a cracked tooth and I will have to schedule another appointment to get a cavity taken care of  :no

Then I ran a couple of errands and picked up chic-fil-a for lunch. I've spent the rest of the day in my sewing room.

After my appointment tomorrow I'm going with my daughter to register the baby at the day care center she will be attending when I go back to work in August. The day care is at the hospital where my daughter works.

Have a great evening.

thanks for asking,feeling much better,those hot pork rinds tasted so good,it was just foolish to eat them on an empty stomach

that's nice that the day care is at the hospital where she works

Evening all. Hope those of you ailing feel better tomorrow. Looks like it's going to be another nice day I think!

I do hope all is well with Amy and family as I am not even sure she is getting my emails. I do hope things are ok. She is my. MIracle

worker lol

I have tried contacting some members from the current list I have and quite a few of them have not been on for quite sometime.

Hopefully they will reply to my message to let me know if even they are still collecting. So if you have an older list please try to reach them to confirm before mailing. Just sayin' lol.

Handyman is better today than yesterday. So the script he started seems to be working. Something about inflammation in sac around a muscle. If the pills don't work he probably will have to have a steroid injection every few months.

Sandra I hope you improve soon. Might be a pinched nerve too poor thing. No more hauling trees around ok!

LInda glad you are feeling a bit better too. You take it easy too for a while.

Wow that sounds complicated to me. With uploading or whatever a pic to rav. I think it would take me a while to figure it all out and I don't need a project page loll. Maybe worth it then to just pay the fee and maybe it gets easier huh?

I'd be. Curious to, to find out how to do it though.

I haven't seen pics in any of the few forums I have looked at.

well wishing you all an easy and peaceful evening and a nice restful sleep. I will see you I. The am! Nighty night zzzzzzzzzz sleep tight.????

Archived