Granny Squares for those that need them cal 2018

Good Morning everyone.

Holly that afghan is amazing and you are doing how many?

Bgs it is always the price that gets us, but the house is bout the temp we have here with the air.  We keep it on  77 during the day and 78 at night.

Took yesterday off.  Did nothing.  I told DH I was calling in with lack of interest. :rofl   Just did not feel like doing anything.

So today we are up early, DH goes for 3 month blood test this morning then off to the bank, the store and maybe Michael's.

The humidity is back with a vengeance.

Have a great one everybody.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Morning sunshine! Bright sun shines day today. Sorry about the truck Linda hope all is goin ok otherwise.

Hi Sandra and Lea sounds like you two are gonna meet up I think that cool.

Well I didn't want to ov er load the central ac so we bought a portable inside unit ac cause window units are not permitted. Anyway have had it three days or so ever ever since the day the blower went out I guess and it is wonderful. It helps so the.central unit doesn't come on nearly as much and it still stays cool in here. We got a 10000 but so that cools the main living area and then the central might come on now and then late afternoon. WE are getting another , an 8000 BTU for the bedroom though and then probably won't need the central unit much at all IT was so easy to put in and started cooling off the living Area right away. It's cheaper to run that then the central unit and keeps up real well when the humidity is high. I recommend them for sure for a little added umph or get two and turn off the central lol. I grew up with central but have lived In other places that didn't have it and we used window units till we moved lol

IS this the way our summers are going to be from here on out?? I heard that it is so hot in Nevada someone actually cooked a roast I. A pot in the back window of their car?? We have yearly so me news channel or another frying eggs on the sidewalk but sheeah a roast??

I would sort of be afraid to eat it thinking maybe it didn't get hot enough on the inside to be safe but I guess they did truly eat it!

What a neat ghan Holly wow good job.

Hi TRibble still working too hard I see lol.

MAry jo a day off is a necessity now and then!! I call them mental health days lol

Well all time to go and get my day on so will be be back somewhat later today. Keep cool all and keep working on those lists of good things!!

My today list hasn't started yet but I will le you know when it does!!

Take care all!!!

Mary Jo - I'm making 2 of the Harry Potter blanket. I started off doing the squares for both blankets, so I already have the crest and 4 of the smaller squares done for the 2nd one. Then I realized that I needed to get going faster if I was going to have Alicia's done for her birthday!

Katy I have wondered about those units. I didnt know they existed until a year or so ago. I only knew about central or window units. When we graduated from fans to ac all we had were window units.

Mary Jo in the winter I set the thermostat at 68 and I would love to have it there all the time. In the summer we keep it at 72 but its primarily on to take the humidity out of the air to avoid mold. We usually have at least 2 months of the year we shut the unit off completely. Yesterday was the hottest day so far 96 and the hottest part of the house was 81 so not too bad. It should ne better the next few days as its not supposed to be as hot and is going to cool off more at night.

Howieann you did a great job on the Harry Potter afghan.

Hi all. Had a scare. Lost the ville o. The iPad. Tried to sign I. Said no. Closed it abpnd when I came back I'm in again?? Ok well whatever huh!! Just glad I am back. Might have just been a fluke I dunno.

Ok good news as promised lo

1 my new computer arrived today!!

It is bigger and faster an better so so. In law said About double the stuff like ram and all that other stuff than my old one. It is sitting in place on the desk not sure if I should wait for one of them or try me and handyman's hand at it. I didn't even know where the mouse plugs in. I knew with my old one lol.

I sent daughter a text and a pic entitled. "Is this the mouse port.. "?? Lol. My old computer was color coded and I knew where everything went. But this one is not. So awaiting advice from one of them. Lol

2. Finished that baby ghan about 27 Inches square for a preemie perhaps huh Kathryn?? lol. It is lightly blocking . I just

Lay it out flat mist it down with water and lay a heavy towel or two on top till tomorrow. I have the ceiling fan in here on so it will dry nicely.

So that was two good thngies today that pleases me!!

Don't know what to work on next though. ? Ok well thought I would tell you that oh and number 3good thing.

Although it came with a mouse and keyboard I will use my wireless mouse and probably my Own ! Backlit keyboard. I found the little pluggiie thing for my wireless mouse. Lol.

EYep I love it Bgs sure helps to keep us nice and cool and less wear and tear on theac unit.

HAndy man figured since we did'nt get g or were not able to get the tankless water heater when that

went out like handy man wanted , we splurged and at least got the big one for the main living area just to try it out and we love it.

We will pick up the 8000 BTU one for the. Bedroom as soon as they come in I hope!

MaryJo no how's the blueberry muffin friend going?

All for now I'll return later. Take care.

Love the Harry Potter afghan .. Love the colors for the baby blankets too.

minwifeof4boys that sounds really wonderful. Are we talking about Oxford right? 1:00 sounds great too. Who else crochets there?

There use to be two of us, but one moved to NH... so we haven't gotten together for a bit... So.. there would be 3, maybe 4 if you can come... they are older...but sweeties!  You have my ## if you can come... please do...

No the water somehow recycles from the tank which is contained inside the unit. It recycles to cool itself we have not had to empty it yet. The vent kit comes

with it easy as pie to install a light is supposed to come on if and when the tank needs emptying. We have not has to do that so I do not know if it's easy or hard

Here's a thing. New computer is up and running however can't get on the ville with it. Got a message out so hope whatever it is gets fixed soo. I even asked son in law if it would be a bad idea to have the iPad on and the desk top and he said no I said not even if I am signed on to the ville with the same name that I am signed on i. With the iPad. He didnt t think that. Would do anything. I don't know anymore lol. Hope what ever it is gets fixed I don't know if it might be because of a diff IP address now or what.

It's brand new so doesn't have any cookies to even clear lol I know it is not me this time. I hope Amy gets back to me soon.

Well I'm done exhausted with all this lol so signing off for now. See ya am???? Lol

Good Morning

Good Luck with the new computer Katy.  It is amazing how much faster the newer ones are to the older ones.  We also had to up grade to Windows10, as the new one already had it.  Hope you get back on soon with the computer, instead of the IPad.

I love the backlighted keyboards.  Our desk top does not have that only the new laptop.  By the way, what kind did you end up getting?

I have to sew the tote together and then do the pocket.  The Shortcake girls are doing great.  I have the second one almost done.  She just needs her cloths.  I am trying safety eyes on this one, see if it is any better.

Well I am off to see what the rest of the ville is doing.

GOod morning sunshine! Any early risers out there!! Lol

Well I know I will still need a reset cause I did try twice on the desktop to sign in yesterday and my ip is different but other than that lol so I still need reset. It I think I may have figured out why I couldn't get signed in on the desk top. I probably have to close crochetville on the iPad first. Then re sign in on the desk top as it makes sense to me that I can't it be in. Two places at the same time I duuno know

Anyone know about that?? So I will keep the iPad crochetville on till I can get reset and then close it here and try to sign in at the desktop

And good morning all. Lol

That flooding is so bad in WVa and some of Va I hope everyone that we might know that live that way are ok.

The flippin world is changing on us ladies you know. Things are falling apart it seems and I don't u dearstand most o f it at all.

Come on good things if ever I need a long list of good things it's today!! So how are things where you are?? Sometimes I even I hate to watch the news you know.

IM off to try to occupy my mind with something for a while so all of you have a decently Normal ok!

So with that in mind and on my list I'll be back a little later, Ville willing.

MAry Jo I forget the name an lg maybe I am an hp person but hey if it lasts another 7 to 8 years I.m Good the price was good and I was happy he found me something in my price range and more power and speed and memory too!! And happy to get back to the wide screen and grown up keyboard. Lol. I'm afraid to close the ville on my I pad till I know for sure I can sign on the desktop with no prob.

Cause even when the I pad is off the ville must run In

. The background or something. Makes sense to me lol

Well much to do today I will keep busy and head off on my quest for good news lol. STrawberry shortcake had a LOT of friends lol I looked it up its a whloe mob of them!! Do you plan on doing a few or all!! And is the pocket on the tote the most time consuming part of the tote?? Just wondering.

Katy I never log off of crochetville. I am always logged on through my phone and 2 computers. I also use the laptop from home and at my sisters to get on crochetville. I use wifi in various places on my phone to get on crochetville along with just the way my phone normally connects to the internet. And I dont know why but my 15 year old gateway pc often works just as well or better than the 2 year old dell laptop. Love your little ghan. Since we have some months with no birthdays I am going to work on little ghans for Kathryn.

Well the guy came out Wed for the heatpump and it was looking like they would come next week but I thought that was optimistic. They are coming TODAY since the job they planned today didnt answer their phone. Its going to be a long stressfull day. We have a busy weekend on top of that. At least I prepped for it yesterday.

:clap

Katy I never log off of crochetville. I am always logged on through my phone and 2 computers. I also use the laptop from home and at my sisters to get on crochetville. I use wifi in various places on my phone to get on crochetville along with just the way my phone normally connects to the internet. And I dont know why but my 15 year old gateway pc often works just as well or better than the 2 year old dell laptop. Love your little ghan. Since we have some months with no birthdays I am going to work on little ghans for Kathryn.

Well the guy came out Wed for the heatpump and it was looking like they would come next week but I thought that was optimistic. They are coming TODAY since the job they planned today didnt answer their phone. Its going to be a long stressfull day. We have a busy weekend on top of that. At least I prepped for it yesterday.

:clap  :cheer  :yay Yeah on them coming today.  Sometimes the AC God is on your side.

Does not matter what computer you bought Katy, I was just curious.  It is like buying a car.  Some like Fords, some GM's and some Chrysler/Plymouth/Dodge.  It is just a matter of taste.

I have been logged in with 2 computers myself, so I do not see why you can't and sometimes I am logged in with both the pc and the kindle.

We are being teased constantly today with dark clouds, but no rain here.

Have a fun day off to my corner.  Wash almost done.

Yes and dh was home today so he could help move things and shut off the breakers cause no matter what they said I didnt figure we would really see them until after the 4th. We actually got moved 2 jobs ahead cause we were home.

I dont care what the name is on anything as long as it works. Our gateway has been a real trooper. We didnt know what we were doing and the girl at the store was very helpful multiple times while we were trying to figure it all out. Thats one reason we bought from them and the other was all the cords came with everything and were not purchased separately like at the other places we were looking. I hated to see their stores close.

Well there goes my theory then huh?? This time I know I tried twice though to sign in but that is apparently a Nono still. I was able to send a mail to Amy still awaiting the unblock-ing thing though. Not closing this down on iPad till it gets straightened out. Was anxious to get back to the big screen again so very disappointed. Must be the diff ip then I dunno. My and probably everyone's ip is always changing and we have no control over that the iPad uses the wifi so I don't know if it is the same as my desk top I would assume so but not sure.

The computer is new and the only thing left are the ville filters again cos of my trying to sign in twice on the desk top

Or I need to call my internet provider and have bring me another modem or something.

I'm keeping busy though. Cleaned out some odds and ends of yarn balled it and have some scraps to work with now to finish up some of those. Grannys that are in all diff states of completion lol. did a couple already by adding a row or two to Bing it up to a size lol. Here's one pile of six in hers on my table and I will call them completed now. Also shown is a small pile of four inchers I still need to make grow a bit lol.

post-40621-0-28901400-1466795883_thumb.jpg

Hi all.

Getting downtrodden quickly. No word from an admin. Seems like I have been through this a couple of times already.

I want to be able to use the desk top you know. Come on ladies get me reset!!!

It s a hot evening here just almost oppressive outside I hate it when it's like this I. The eve when It should be coole out at this time.

Well my diet coke is already getting warm and I hate warm Diet Coke. Lol

How is every one this evening ?? Hanginging in There, I hope after all compared to the alternative it's about the only game In Town right?

Didn't accomplish too much today. Just did a few chores and you know what Ii found. Most of the time doing. Chores is really just putting things Back in their places. Carrying things from Here to there to and fro grabbing something in there and bringing it to here all day long. Taking something else from here a and putting it some where else.

It's a constant battle you know. I'f I am lucky enough to keep up with it the other stuff is pretty easy right??

I did also notice I'm winding down my Caron one pounders!! That is good news! Got a few. Big skeins left and unless I buy more of that I will soon have a 3 Drawer plastic storage unit to store other yarns i. Lol. Empty them out fill them up so goes the way of the yarnaholics lol

Sometimes when super bored I move my skeins around arranging them in colors or sub groups such as pastels and brights or greens and blues etc. that gives me a good chance to mentally inventory my stash too so when I do go out to get some yarn I pretty much can see what I need easily. Works for me!

And after a project is done I try to wind up tthe partials and throw them in the ball bin too. It's see through so I can always s see what to grab.

So all the yarn gets moved around eventually to all the shelves o bins or baskets or "holding stations" "eventually. IT Keeps them on their toes and let's the skeins make new friends too!!

Well enough of my organizational tips LOL. What are some of yours.

I sometimes walk arround while tidying up .with a basket a small one to collect whatever needs to go In Another room. That helps but of course not with the yarn. Yam much like little grey kitties tend to claim a basket at the moment of discovery! RIght I mean you with cats be they grey or yellow black or a. Combination thereof , know what I be talking about huh!

And boxes. If something comes in a box might as well from the start just leave it on the floor Max for one will soon claim that as well. Fort, bed ,toy ,nest ,whatever , it is his from the get go.

So I digressed from any

major topic I had in mind and too late to try to get it back now LOL

With that my friends and friends in harms way take care stay safe and I will see you all I. The am?

ville willing!

well,good late evening to all,its been a busy two days,they observed Jimmy over nite,its nothing but a hemroid,but he bled like a stuck pig.we got there at 10, thinking he would be released by 11,maybe 12,finally at 1:30, I said will we be signed out by 3 or is this going into the dinner hour,guess she could see I was getting a bit annoyed that they were dragging this out

anyway, should be back to morning posting tomorrow

Archived