Granny Squares for those that need them cal 2018

Good Morning!

We had some good storms yesterday and its raining now but its suppose to ease off before BBq and fireworks time tomorrow. 

Baby Jade is getting so big. This will be my littlest granddaughter's first July 4th as well and I made a special outfit for her. attachicon.gifJuly 4th outfit.JPG

I also made outfits for the 2 big grandkids. attachicon.gifIMG_1527.JPG

These are close ups of the shirtsattachicon.gifJuly 4th truck.JPGattachicon.gifJuly 4th Nicole's flag.JPG

Today I'm sewing a couple of outfits for birthday presents for 2 little girls I know.

Tomorrow I will be heading to my youngest daughter's house to celebrated the holiday. We will have BBQ and then walk to the park down the road to watch the fireworks.

I hope evryone has Happy and safe 4th of July!

I love your sets.  I am sure everyone is going to look great.

Well, Happy 4th to one and all.  Try not to eat to much BBQ.

Today will be a quite day for us.  We will have BBQ chicken in the oven and maybe some pool time.  I know it is not much, but we are suppose to get up to 92 degrees with a chance of rain.  Yeah right on the rain.

Orange Blossom has a head and a body.  Hope to work on the arms and cloths today.

I am looking at this for my SIL for Christmas.  It is knitted, but it looks interesting.  It is hard to find something for her.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Happy Fourtth July everyone!

It's been a roller coaster of a lot emotions and stuff going. Sorry haven't been on here like I should. Just haven't been myself and today has been really hard already. I was not looking forward to this day but nun the less it came. I will be staying home with my fur babies while some of the girls and boys go watch fireworks if the rain lets up. It is raining right now like cats and dogs.

I hope everyone has a good day!!

Hi all. Yes Linda I remember sendin her some way back hope she is feeling better too.

OH my orange blossom. How cute!! I M still missing seeing strawberry and blue berry. Were they posted. I want to see um!!!

Bbq chicken sounds great. too we as it turned out are not having guests but that is ok too. Just will be us and I think we have two steaks left in the freezer so that will be enough for a good meal at least and I don't care about the parade

And or fireworks!! Feels like the last. Couple of days people have been constantly firing them off they are not supposed to

Fire anyrhing off after like ten or so at night. Last night they went till 1130 and the night before till 130 so I hope no

No one has any left lol

I feel sorry for the poor wildlife. One time a few years ago a big boomer firework went off and I truley saw a bird In flight fall to the

ground mid flight. Needless to say he was dead I think the big "Illegal) fire work really did shock him and kill him.

The rabbits hide out for days and smoke permeates everything for days. This really is my least fav holiday.

Owlvamp so sorry you aren't feeling up to par and hope all improves for you soon. How are the doggies doing. I bet they stay in mostly too cause of the noise.

Well all enjoy your holiday and I will be back later on. Got a lot done yesterday so I could take it easy today lol happy Independence

day to all. Please be safe with those fireworks.

Good Morning All,

was here briefly before to thank Bgs for finding a post,I had looked high and low for last night.

feeling groggy this morning,when will I learn when I wake up early,just stay up and not head back to bed,for some extra shut-eye

its just that 5:20 a.m.seemed too early on a holiday.Its starting to rain,the flowers and tomatoes will be happy

going to have my second coffee and get my day started

Linda shes another mia that I have wondered about. She had health issues so I hope shes ok. I have been thinking about grannyannie wishing she would check in

Sandra sending you cyber hugs and hoping something good happens to you today.

Lea if you are out there I imagine you could use a cyber hug too so sending one your way. Have you been creating any pocket pal letters?

Mary Jo that scarf does look different and interesting. I have a hard time with some things just going by a picture as to how well its going to work. Does your sil like bold and different?

Katy we arent doing anything special not even bbq or steak unless we go run errands and grab something while we are out.They shoot off all kinds of stuff here including very loud guns and they can do it anytime they want. It frazzles my nerves anymore especially in light of all that is going on in the world. When we had dogs they hated it.

Hugs to all and happy thoughts.

My SIL likes everything I send, even if I have to explain what it is.  Tampa Guy checked out the yarn they recommend in the pattern and says "Do you know the yarn cost $20 per skein, I said nope it is $5.49 a skein. He says no the Alpaca is $20 a skein."  First I do not use Alpaca, wool makes me itch and break out, second I wouldn't spend $20 a skein for something for me.  Ha! Ha!

I have finished Ginger Snap and I just posted her picture.  http://www.crochetville.com/community/topic/157436-ginger-snap-strawberrys-friend/

Gingersnap is cute. I like how they are turning out in thread. I like the color combo on the scarf/wrap. It will go with pretty much anything. Or are you thinking about changing the colors? Wool wouldnt work for me either.

Ok Katy there is no blueberry in the group.  There is Strawberry Shortcake, Ginger Snap, Orange Blossom and Angel Cake.

I have Blue Berry in the Dumplin Group.  I will get to her soon.

Rain, rain, rain all around us, but not a drop here.

Thank you all for the compliments.  Well off to make some cloths.

Rained here all day yesterday and today. Slept most of the day today, havn't felt the best.

Pineknott, hope your day went okay.

Katy and Mary jo, sounds like you guys had a nice day planned.

We are eating leftovers from grilling yesterday. Have plenty for a couple of days - yay!!!!

Right now I'm reading the forum, Mr tribble is watching a car fixing show, and Little Tribble is watching Dan from the diamond minecart on youtube. Lazy day.

Our 8 dogs aren't too bad with the fireworks. A little skittish, but i like them to be used to loud noises in the event of an end of the world scenario where I would need them to watch me and not be hiding in a scared bundle of nerves. I find it amazing how gun dogs are so comfortable with the noise a gun makes. Ours aren't that comfortable. That being said I wish normal people would leave the fireworks to the professionals, the normal person doesn't need to be out there setting of fireworks. If they want to see fireworks they need to go watch them like everyone else does that wants to see them. While they are a beautiful site, it also gives me more appreciation and respect for our troops that are and have lived in sounds and smell and smoke exactly like that.

Have a great evening all!

Mary Jo I saw you were trying to decide how to make curly doll hair and said your instructions mention using a microwave. I thought oh thats a good idea. They are slightly melting acrylic yarn coiled around something and then it when it cools it sets back up. I found these instructions and they are using an embossing heat gun.

http://53stitches.tumblr.com/post/92143771047/curly-amigurumi-hair-tutorial

Tribble79 what breed of dogs do you have?

Well I did it again . I'm not sore but went and got rocks for the fire pit and for someone special so no one mows over the part of the ground. Yesterday was very emotional and hope today is better. 1 year ago yesterday we lost a beloved fur baby and it's been extrememly difficult ... So hopefully it gets better.

Good Morning.  Brenda thanks for the info on the curling hair.  I may try a small amount today in the microwave.  I don't have that embossing heat gun.

Not much going on today.  I need to get under my counter and pull out some pots and pans we will never use and give them to the Vets when they come around on Friday.

Well over 100 in feels like today.  Not a day for moving around much.

Have a fun day.

Owlvamp. I hope its over too and am glad you and your furbabies made it through. I am sorry for your loss and know it hurts. I started getting teary eyed yesterday and have been bawling all morning as its the anniversary on losing one of ours. Then in about a week it will be the anniversary on the loss of another one. Even though they have been gone for awhile it still hurts.

Mary Jo at first when I saw heat gun my paint stripper came to mind but that gets really hot. Then I realized it was the embossing one and I have one of those too but havent played with it for so long I am not sure where its at. I dont know if my blow hair dryer would get hot enough. The microwave actually sounded like a really good idea.

Its going to hot and humid here today

Tribble79 what breed of dogs do you have?

Well I did it again . I'm not sore but went and got rocks for the fire pit and for someone special so no one mows over the part of the ground. Yesterday was very emotional and hope today is better. 1 year ago yesterday we lost a beloved fur baby and it's been extrememly difficult ... So hopefully it gets better.

FIrsy of all

Day 11 of no replies about my sign in I.requests for help!!i quit when and if I ever lose connection on this I pad I won't be back I guess

Clearly they have or their filters have blocked me not only but including ther email addy a as well I'm sure none of my pleadings have reached them. So I give up I guess I won't have a choice if the iPad connection goes.

OH my sandra. I sensed your pain and cause there of. I didn't want to ask you but inside I knew.

I planted flowers for same reason and queerly enough it is also around the the outside of the outdoor fire pit too. We weed eat arond the flowers so as nothing else grows In or around that area and is is edged then with red paving bricks. May was the same kind of tough for me as well. It will I'm told get easier as sand flows through the hourglass. We can only hope right?

20 bucks a skein. And i would be afraid to use it least I mess it up!!!

That link about curly curls was cool who would have thought?? I wonder if you could use that for curly fringe on Something. I wonder too if and when it's washes will it come out curly still or go back to its original state.

Maryjo I purge things all the time and like that this Salvation Army picks up. I have their number by the phone lol

Trib I. Not sure even the eight dogs could save you if there was a end of the world senario.

LInda has new feet yay. And I too worry about Ann. Daily wish too she would check in soon

Well I'm off had a good sausage cheese muffin thi am as handy Dan was out earlier. And Now time to light a under my bum and go and get something done today. Bbl all take care! Hugs to all that need them. ????♥️????????????❤️

Very cute Snowbear.

Katy I checked ravelry and granny square still hasnt heard anything either. She cant get on with her pc laptop or tablet. My guess is Amy's fil has taken a turn for the worst.

I love the mermaid and the hat and booties.

Well, you can all relax.  I found my washer and dryer.  I went with the LG 4.5 cubic washer and the matching dryer.  No agitator.  I ordered it yesterday and it will be here tomorrow between 8AM and 5PM. 

Cleaned out the utility room.  I would love to move the old washer and dryer to clean underneath, but no go there.  I am to old, I hurt to much and they are to heavy.

Off to do some cleaning.

Have a fun day.

Good morning!

I love your awesome finished crocheted items, Snowbear!

It's gonna be a hot one here today so I am off to the grocery store to load up on salads and stuff so I won't need to fuss with cooking today.:). Have a wonderful day.

Archived