Granny Squares for those that need them cal 2018

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good Morning

food shopping day for hubby,got to go there last week,and he's been holding out on us,lol they have Drake bakery products,

devil dogs,funny bones,ring dings or ding dongs,I'm sure Tampa Doll heard of them,being from Jersey,they were a NY company

overcast skies,spotty rain in the forecast.have a great day everyone.

Yeah I know Drake products, we get some, but not a big selection.  We have a day old store here, that carries Tastykakes, but no jelly krimps and the pies are not like they use to be.  Now they are like the Drake, a pocket with lots of sugar over them.  Shouldn't eat that stuff anyway, :sigh  but I do miss them.  We have one grocery store that carries Taylor's Pork Roll that they will slice for you. :clap

Beautiful day today.  The sun is out bright and cheerful.  Was out watering my plugs this morning, with the sun shinning and they all of a sudden we got a sun shower.  So I turned off the water and went to hook up the creepy crawler (pool clearner) in the pool, stuck my foot in the pool and it was like stepping into a tub full of warm water.  I gather it has to be about 86-88 degrees.  Our pool usually runs the same temp as the Gulf. :2rock 

So I am hoping everyone is having or will have a great day.  Be back later.

I just uploaded a picture of the graph ghan I made for my BIL.  Yes you do have to fill out some stuff, but you really don't need to fill it all out.  I uploaded it from my computer with no trouble and no charge.  Still don't understand the $5.00 charge, but it has been uploaded to my projects.

If you remember I uploaded pictures to my post in Test Crochet Ami

Just fill out the type of project and the name.  That is usually all I do.  Hope this helps.

Thanks Mary Jo. #1 and granny square have been helping out with this over on the ravelry thread. I fooled around last night and was able to upload photos from my phone to a project page and as you said only fill out the minimum. For the $5 they will let you upload photos from your computer directly to your post in a thread bypassing having to set up a project page.

So very little traffic here so far this am. What?? Nothing much going on or what. ? Lol

Not much here but the same old thing I guess and considering the calmness with nothing major happening I guess I

Am ok with that.

BGs and Tampa I think I would just go ahead and pay the fee if I wanted to post with the least resistance hahaha. But that's just me.

I am not real Tekky!

So ladies, what are we all doing today. Mary Jo that is one warm pool lol. What would a normal temp be for a pool there that is comfortable? I've never had. Pool so I really don't know what a perfect temp might be.

Knew someone that did and it was. Really very costly to close it down and upkeep and stuff winter and summer. NEbraska is just NOT indigenous to pools I guess. Lol

Oh my I better get something done today so I will leave dor now and be back later on. Have a good one.

That is the great thing about a pool here.  You do not have to close it down.  It stays open all year.  I don't usually go in until it is 80 degrees.  Other than that, it is to cool for me.

I live a very quite life.  I go out for Dr. appointments, to get the mail, the newspaper and to go to the grocery store.  I go out once a month to get my hair cut.

I order most things I need over the internet.  I live thru you guys.

I will be going out to look at washers and dryers this Sat. mine is ready to stop, so before it does, I want to look at the new ones.  Any advice?  I want top loader for the washer and one that is large capacity.  I wash once every 3 weeks and there are only 2 of us, so not a lot of use, but I do have King size beds.

The tote left today, but the clues will not start till tomorrow.

Yes me too Mary Jo.

. Uneventful suits. Me fine. That's a plus not having to close it up. Your winters are just fake winters lol we get the real thing. Lol

I would tend to buy a brand of washer that is made here in the U S but that is just me. As for front loading, have you had one before?? I much prefer the top loaders. I think there are tons out there just do some research and narrow it down before you do the actual shopping.

I too only usually go on the Internet to come to the ville so imagine my disgust and frustration when I have a new desk top but don't use It cause I can't get my ip cleared again. You know I hope Amy is ok. I have not gotten a reply even yet from her.

I've been trying since June

June 13 I think.

I am grateful for the iPad but sure wish I could use my desktop too for the ville you k ow. Otherwise it basically just sits there. Might soon try using that cyber ghost thing to get on I think it's a proxy with a good ip I don't really know much about it but worth Checking out next time I'm in there at the desk top,

My washer is old too so lemme know what you pick lol. I wash a couple times a week some weeks I don't know why so much with only two people here too. I guess we are clothes pigs or something. Handy Dan works I someti es dirty conditions so he changes often I guess that is a lot of it.

I think I wash most kitcxhen. towels and dish cloths as I tend to grab new maybe sometimes twice a day. I can't bear to think I. Wiping off things with germ laden towels and cloths hahaha.

Well I gotta charge up the iPad so all for. Every one have.a great evening.

Boy not being on yesterday I sure did miss a lot.  Tribble, my hibiscus is about 15 to 20 years old.  They stay outside and get trimmed regularly.  My neighbor use to call, when I cut them down to nothing, trimming, take not prisoners.  They get out of hand, especially when the humidity is up.

Went for the 3 month check-up and the last time we will see this Dr.  We go to the new on in Sept.

Lea, I can get in trouble just waking up. :rofl 

Spent all day yesterday finishing up the tote.  It is now ready for it's close up.

Oh I got a surprise in the pm's this morning.  Someone has the Caron Cuddle Soft yarn in Baby Green.  They are going to send me 4 skeins.  As I was told better to have to many, then not enough.

Jade is just adorable and Hey she has a friend.

Well off to check everyone else out, then on to dress a doll.

Have fun.

Oh my, that is an old plant. I am not sure about ours. Went out to check it today and it had about 10 yellow leafs on it. I have no idea what is wrong, so I moved it into more sunlight than it had. If there are still more yellow leaves tomorrow, I will try to figure out a different approach!

Katy this is what it says about adding photos on Ravelry

Uploading directly to forum posts, comments, and private messages costs $5 for 1 year of access.

PS - If you'd like to share project or stash photos you can do that for free by adding them to your project notebook first.

You're welcome to try this out for 2 weeks!

The other option was to link to them using flicker instagram etc.

#1crochetfan has a group there and adds photos so maybe she can give us her thoughts.

If I am uploading a project that I have completed (this goes on my project list/page) I have not had to pay a fee. I think you can upload like 5 pictures per project. I might be wrong about the amount of pictures. When replying to one of the members yesterday In the messages, I was wanting to share a picture of my 1980s My Pet Monster, and it said for that I would have to pay the $5 per year fee. So I too think that for messages, forum and other things than projects, the fee is required.

That is the great thing about a pool here.  You do not have to close it down.  It stays open all year.  I don't usually go in until it is 80 degrees.  Other than that, it is to cool for me.

I live a very quite life.  I go out for Dr. appointments, to get the mail, the newspaper and to go to the grocery store.  I go out once a month to get my hair cut.

I order most things I need over the internet.  I live thru you guys.

I will be going out to look at washers and dryers this Sat. mine is ready to stop, so before it does, I want to look at the new ones.  Any advice?  I want top loader for the washer and one that is large capacity.  I wash once every 3 weeks and there are only 2 of us, so not a lot of use, but I do have King size beds.

The tote left today, but the clues will not start till tomorrow.

We are pretty quiet here also and don't go out a whole lot. Every once in a while we will go to an event or such. I think we are going to a baseball game this weekend that has fireworks after the game so we don't have to do the whole 4th of July firework mess. Little Tribble loves fireworks so he will be excited and we were wanting him to see a baseball game in real life a couple of times to get him excited for his baseball next year. 

Have a wonderful night all!!!

Good Morning.

I have never had a front load washer before, so I am sticking to a top loader.  We have been looking at washers for about 2 months or more.  Nothing moves fast here.  There are not many with agitators and even fewer with dispensers.  We have it down to 4.  LG, Samsung, GE and Kenmore.  We have always had Kenmore and I grew up with Kenmore.  We are just going to look Saturday, not buy, yet.

Well I just got out of the pool, it was beautiful.  86 degrees and it felt warmer than the air.

You may be watering the plant to much.  I really don't pay any attention to them.  They get watered twice a week when the sprinklers go off.  Two are on the west side of the house and they get some afternoon light and the tree is in the front, which gets sun all day.

Now to make breakfast and then off to my chair to crochet.

Have a fun day today.

Hi all.

O I like the lg brand. Both my new big screen and the port. Ac and my dvd player are all Lg good brand I think. And my other two to s are Samsung

We grew up with may tag if they make it anymore. Lasted my mom her whole married life I think as I don't remember ever gettin another.

another good choice. And Samsung is good too it all depends on yor specifications I guess it's a lot of money invested so take your time before committing lol.

Hi PIneknot. Hope the apt go well for all today.

TRibble we have the ollege World Series going on here. The games had to be delayed last evening cause of a rouge storm that rolled in.

Most of the severe stuff rolled quickly into our neighboring stat of Iowa though. We got rain and some lightning here. Then it was over for us. Do t k ow if they played at all last night.

Well I'm off for a bit. Later ladies have a glorious delightful day!

Sorry i have been MIA. 

I am very sore today.  i slipped down stairs yesterday morning, and am bruised and achy today- oh well, at least nothing broken or twisted.  I am trying to get some housework done, but am working very slowly today.

Katie-Sorry about your computer. 

Tribble-  If you have photos in your project page on Ravelry,  then- in a thread or forum- you need to 'upload photo from project page' and pick from your photos there.  That is how you avoid the fee.

IDK- Tampadoll- everything is junk today I am sorry to say.  I don't like LG and prefer Samsung but Samsung items can be complicated and hard to fix if something goes wrong.  I have a toploader washer/dryer like Katie and have had the same one since 2003- Maytag.  I am very careful what I throw into it, though, because, I am sure it cannot handle big heavy, items and most definitely would break.  The parts and appliances are not as good quality as yesterday, unfortunately. They are more energy efficient, though, today. My sister in law has had problems with her  front loader Kenmore, but again, the machines today are very temperamental so you need to be careful what you put into them.  I used to have a clothes line and really loved the smell of fresh air on the clothes.  Unfortunately, it got destroyed in one of our hurricanes that we had.  When Summertime comes, I always miss it.

Hello.

I survived the dentist visit yesterday and spent the rest of the day with my daughter and granddaughter.I have to go back in 3 weeks for the permanent crown and to have a cavity filled. Today started with docotor's appoinment to update the doctor about my anxiety and meds, I'm doing well but have gained 8 pounds, happens every time my anxiety flares up so I need to get things under control and get off the medicine before I gain more. Then I ran some errands and took mom to her doctor's appointment.  I can't belive it's the last day of June. I apologize to June birthdays that I haven't mailed puffys yet but I will before the end of July :lol .  Hopefully July will not be quite as busy as June was. I guess that's enough rambling, have a great evening.

Carol.

We only had Bgs and Sopo's in June and we have no more birthdays now till Sept so. maybe

e you get rest now lol

Sandra how you doing. Hope your feeling better today

It's a slow day around here it seems. Did get the bathrooms done today and the rugs are lying out drying. They will be all

The way dried by morning. M

Pretty mild today so it's been easy on the ac lol.

Sorry nothing much more going on so maybe later huh!

Good Morning.

I have never had a front load washer before, so I am sticking to a top loader.  We have been looking at washers for about 2 months or more.  Nothing moves fast here.  There are not many with agitators and even fewer with dispensers.  We have it down to 4.  LG, Samsung, GE and Kenmore.  We have always had Kenmore and I grew up with Kenmore.  We are just going to look Saturday, not buy, yet.

Well I just got out of the pool, it was beautiful.  86 degrees and it felt warmer than the air.

You may be watering the plant to much.  I really don't pay any attention to them.  They get watered twice a week when the sprinklers go off.  Two are on the west side of the house and they get some afternoon light and the tree is in the front, which gets sun all day.

Now to make breakfast and then off to my chair to crochet.

Have a fun day today.

I guess I will try watering it less as there are more yellow leaves today. I read a website that said it could be too much sun, too little sun, too much water, too little water etc.... I am done already with the hibiscus :reyes

Sorry i have been MIA. 

I am very sore today.  i slipped down stairs yesterday morning, and am bruised and achy today- oh well, at least nothing broken or twisted.  I am trying to get some housework done, but am working very slowly today.

Katie-Sorry about your computer. 

Tribble-  If you have photos in your project page on Ravelry,  then- in a thread or forum- you need to 'upload photo from project page' and pick from your photos there.  That is how you avoid the fee.

IDK- Tampadoll- everything is junk today I am sorry to say.  I don't like LG and prefer Samsung but Samsung items can be complicated and hard to fix if something goes wrong.  I have a toploader washer/dryer like Katie and have had the same one since 2003- Maytag.  I am very careful what I throw into it, though, because, I am sure it cannot handle big heavy, items and most definitely would break.  The parts and appliances are not as good quality as yesterday, unfortunately. They are more energy efficient, though, today. My sister in law has had problems with her  front loader Kenmore, but again, the machines today are very temperamental so you need to be careful what you put into them.  I used to have a clothes line and really loved the smell of fresh air on the clothes.  Unfortunately, it got destroyed in one of our hurricanes that we had.  When Summertime comes, I always miss it.

Thanks crochetfan, it was just a picture from my tablet that I wanted to share with the lady I was talking to, not one of my projects. So I just didn't send her the picture :D . Thank you though, I will definitely do this in the future if I want to share a project in the forum or messages! :yes  Recover quickly, falls are no fun at all.

I made an appointment with the doctor as I think my endometriosis is flaring up again as I am in misery! Ibuprofen brings it down to tolerable levels but it's rough on the stomach.... Haven't been felling the best this week with all these stupid symptoms.

Other than that all is going fine here... The weather has been really cool here the last couple of days, it's felt so nice outside, until night gets here then I need a coat and I hate wearing coats and jackets!

Have a great night all!

Oh tribble,sorry you are having such a time with the hibiscus

hope you get relief from your pain soon.

Oh Katy,Momma here had victory on the getting to the appts. on time.ack,most times she strolls out the door when she should have already been there,drives me nutso,as a diehard NY'er,its drilled into you,you are never ever late.

well time to shut down and gets some sleep

Good Morning everyone.  Up at 7 and already had the talk from the Weather People about where they are looking for Hurricanes :eek  and what this month is usually like. :hot 

So sorry for your pain Katy, I do hope you get some relief soon.

Best bet for hibiscus is most of the time just let it be.  I have one in the full sun and one in partial sun.  Instead of watering everyday, try misting it some and water every other day.

Off to peruse the rest of the ville and then make breakfast.

Have a fun day.  Oh yeah, today is the day I change the table and tree.

Good Morning

got a case of the slows this morning,all that heat yesterday,and little if no rain,it keeps staying south of us,so had to lug the hose around,when my head hit the pillow,I knew nothing till I woke up at 8:50am

Oh huh something to look forward to. Your table!! I'm excited!! And good morning all you early risers!!

I gotta tell ya I absolutely love you kitchen,, I want it love the curtains and the view it is just a darling kitchen. And love too that it's blue,,

so with that said did you ever post a pic of the

berry dolls. ?? Sometimes I miss new threads and I do want to see them! Ho Linda so. Being on time is a New York trait. Wow that must account for all the rushing around. I never have been there but daughter has and she says yeah it's li,e you see on tv tons of people rushing somewhere!! so glad the apts went on schedule.

Poor baby's in pain from the fall one from lady parts. And I at ill don't know how ms Sandra is

Doing either.

That's right Lacey when they sleep you sleep!! She is such a doll!!

handy man was complaining that those pills they gave him for his hip were'nt working but I see an improvement. Something about I flamation in the sac around his muscle being inflamed. If they don't work he will have to have a steroid shot every few months

In his hip/leg but I see he is getting arou d much better. Dr said he would in about a week on the pills.

HE started them on the 27th soooo patience handyman It's helping! OH I know what they called it. bursitis! .

I wanted to get a head start on sept birthday girl and have a message out to her but have heard nothing yet. But it's early still.

BGs must be sitting in the a c sipping her morning go juice l with an umbrella in it. Or and most likely she is Working outside already this am lol. Her bonsai tree s are lucky as they too get the best of care if I were a bonsai I would want to belong to her lol.

A "hibiscus". However I am learning is not a plant for a novice right ladies!!

When I have houseplannts and that is seldom I have to make sure they won't hurt Maxie first and foremost and secondly. They are not high maintenance lol. I think cacti might be ago od choice however don know if they would be safe to have max around them. I will check that out. Lol

Well enjoy your day all I am looking forward to seeing your table maryjo and I'll be back later ladies!!

Hi,

I feel a little better this morning. During the day it gets better but when I lay and get up in the morning it's really painful and tight. Then I got to work it through out the day and start all over the next day. So it's improving a tad. Off to take shower and head to the doctors and get dog food.

#1 glad you didnt break anything and hope the pain and bruises quickly go away.

Cshort so sorry about the dental work. I really hate listening to them working in my mouth and the numb face.

Katy hope Handyman is on the mend.

Mary Jo on washing machines Whirlpool also makes Maytag and Kenmore. I wound up getting a new Whirlpool he top loader two years ago from Lowes. I was just going to look at them and hadnt planned on getting it that day. They had what I was looking for and it was on sale. They only carried one model of the old style washer. You know there is really something comforting listening to the swish swish as they wash. The new washer makes a loud pop with each change as it cycles. Some times it sits quietly and you wonder if its going to go on. It adds water off and on and whirls. I am glad the guys that hooked it up ran it and explained how different it would sound. Some of the washers had plastic lids so you could watch them work. I got one with a large tub metal lid and dials not a digital keypad. There were really only two models to choose from that met my criteria a Maytag and a Whirlpool. They were almost identical. Actually the Whirlpool had another knob on it to control the number of rinses and was on sale. Its incredible how much less water the he's use.

Tribble sorry about your hibiscus. Most people tend to overwater. It also might be stressed (yellow leaves equal stress) just from moving from inside the house to outdoors. It might bounce back.

Good to hear you are going to the doc Sandra and I think with that it will soon be but a bad memory. Hopefully he will be able

To give you something g to help.

Just got done paying the bills most of them I do over the phone and two are direct withdrawals so I alwaya feel better when tha is out of the way. Now I can breathe till next month lol.

Well had something to eat so my day is moving along I guess. Hope you all have a good one too.

Archived