Granny Squares for those that need them cal 2018

Hello everyone. Not much happening around here today just some sewing and crocheting and being a bit lazy. Have a great evening.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Evening all. Day is almost spent I guess hate to see it go. But I did Ccomplish quite a bit today so I can let it go soon and look forward to another one soon. Supposed to rain most of the day tomorrow so it will be a quiet fourth around here Im Sure. I can only hope the rain comes and stays throughout the evening to thwart all those late night boomers. I used to think I hated the fourth cause ofthe animals and our doggies would hide in the bathroom if she so much as caught a whiff of sulfur in the air. But truth be told. I don't much care

Much for the Te for the big fireworks, the noise thesmoke In

The air. The noise ll. Or the no sleep at night cause fools do nt k ow when to give it up and carry on till midnight or most likely. Even later. Oh and the crowds every where you go another thing I don't like or being so t li,e being out on really most any holiday . The traffic is bad nuff on normal days.

But other than that it is the time to enjoy our Independence and we do most of us enjoy

The hub bub to some extent.

Well I finished two pretty peacocks in a color book today and finally filled the two pretty frame I found in my closet

and got them hung. I'll try to snap a pc tomorrow they look fresh and cool!! So I took down two pics of pretty squares I made and moved them across the room so that was my decorating effort today lol the squares were my fist ever published squares!! The still hold a wall space but moving things around now and then keep it fresh. Right??

Now tomorrow looks overcast and full of rain so maybe I will crochet a bit.

Ok well all for now everyone get on the mend quickly and feel better fast!! HAppy 4th to all enjoy your holiday!

Good Morning

Going across the river,to shop for shoes for my wide feet, Medicare changed the shoe benefit,no longer if you are pre diabetic do you rate shoes,cha ching,oh well,need them what else can I do,right?

Linda do you mean type 2?  They keep taking things away or making them cost more.  I just don't understand it.

Good Morning everyone.

I am off to get my hair cut this morning, then off to Home Depot, which is across the street, to look at washers and dryers. 

I finished Ginger snap last night, hope to get her picture today.

Have fun today.

Linda do you mean type 2?  They keep taking things away or making them cost more.  I just don't understand it.

Good Morning everyone.

I am off to get my hair cut this morning, then off to Home Depot, which is across the street, to look at washers and dryers. 

I finished Ginger snap last night, hope to get her picture today.

Have fun today.

yes,type 2,my numbers are low enough that its in the pre-diabetic range,,has been for 8 yrs.

the podiatrist doesn't believe in the pre,says either you are or you aren't a diabetic,well we see that didn't mean beans,cause the family Dr.ruling is what Medicare goes by.I know you would think they do it as a preventative measure,but we really know its all about $$$$$

That is so the truth.  Like I said, they keep taking things away.

Got back from getting the hair cut and stopped to look at washers and I am more confused then ever. :think    Going to Sears during the week to look there and then to make a final decision.

Ginger Snap is done she is just drying off her mouth.  I painted it on, instead of sewing it on.

Here is my July table and tree.  http://www.crochetville.com/community/topic/157425-july-2016-table-tree-heavy-image/

Have fun today.

Hello all!

Mary jo, i hope you figure out which washer to get. There are so many to choose from.

Can't wait to see pictures Katy.

So far got our yard and the neighbors yard mowed today. Getting started on a be new flowerbed in the front yard, hope to get our rose planted tomorrow.

Collected some rose buds, thorns and some stems with thorns, they are drying on the porch.

I am ignoring the hibiscus, we'll see how that works.

Now going to get ready to go to the ballgame. Hope Little Tribble likes it.

Have a good evening and night, all! I'll try to check in tomorrow!

That is so cute Lacey!!

Well Linda did you get your shoes??

Tampa just stick to what your needs are withe washer and your decision will come from there

Hi TRibble ha e fun at the game!

Nothing much more goi g o. Here. We ha supper the roast was so tender and we hav a lot of leftovers too.

Dishes are all cleaned up kitchen is too so maybe we' ll start work on ou r boat you know for all this rain lol

4 and a half inches overnight and still raining. This is becomming I a bit boring lol

Looking forward to a shower and a couple of Advil and just lying around this evening. I may cruise the patterns and see what folks are making as I haven't done that for awhile.

Ok I am off everyone have a great and peacefull night. Sweet dreams!

Baby Jade is so cute and growing so fast.  Thanks for sharing the photos so we can see her grow up.

Mary Jo I couldn't believe how complicated it was picking out a washing machine two years ago.  I did research and had sort of decided what I wanted.  I wanted the he because we have a septic tank and laterals so I wanted less water going through there but I really hate listening to it run.  The have washer and dryer sets that communicate with each other so the dryer runs according to what the washer tells it it did with the clothes.  That was too high tech for me.  I feel like I have outlived my comfort zone with technology.  It creeps me out.  When we got our suv years back it creeped me out that the doors auto locked when you start driving.  It didn't help that I had just seen the  NCIS episode where the car locked the guy in and then gassed him to death.  

katy its a rainy weekend here too some places over 5 inches. They canceled the fireworks display at Powell Garden tonight.  Sun was a backup date but its supposed to rain tomorrow too so they postponed it until Labor Day.  dh goes out there on standby with the fire dept.  

yes,Katy I did get my shoes,ahhhhhhhhhhhh they feel so comfy,leather,made in USA,the only part I didn't like much was the price,could have got 5 outfits tops and bottoms for the darn price of one pair!!!

oh nice picture of babyJade

Hi Bgs,hope you cold is getting better

Pineknott sometimes it seems really hard to find a good pair of comfy shoes period let alone at a good price. I refuse to buy a pair unless they are comfy when I try them on. My cold is pretty much gone thank you for thinking of me.

We went to my sisters today and I am thankful we made it home ok. It was a hard drive in the dark and pouring down rain lots of water on the roads.

Almost 5 months old . Ready for her 1st July 4th party !

Oh, she's getting so big! Adorable

The game was great, as we're the fireworks.

I'm opposite of katy, i love the noise, the smoke and the smell of fireworks. Little Trubble was so animated the whole time, it was hilarious.

Talk to everyone later,!

Good Morning

its overcast,and after hearing the weather report,it makes sense.Storms this am and later today and a chance of heat showers all week,going to be in the 90's.We got lost finding the shoe store across the river,I don't go over that way,I have high bridge phobia.

Make it a great day :cheer  :cheer

Ok everyone send the rain here, we can use it.  Keep getting promised, but nothing.

I had to laugh this morning.   They were showing a spaghetti map this morning where all the hurricanes go in July.  Anyway, they were all over the state with one little hole and that hole was over us.  Unbelievable.

Ok if the washer and dryer communicate, I want them to take the cloths from the washer to the dryer and to fold them when done.

I have an idea now what I want and where I am going to get.

Cloudy day and very, very hot.  Went to the store early and when we were coming out, the beach people were coming in for their drinks, food and ice to take to the beach.

Hope they have lots of sun screen.

Good Morning!

We had some good storms yesterday and its raining now but its suppose to ease off before BBq and fireworks time tomorrow. 

Baby Jade is getting so big. This will be my littlest granddaughter's first July 4th as well and I made a special outfit for her. post-4459-0-97861800-1467556306_thumb.jpg

I also made outfits for the 2 big grandkids. post-4459-0-74326600-1467556653_thumb.jpg

These are close ups of the shirtspost-4459-0-31870900-1467556685_thumb.jpgpost-4459-0-82683000-1467556742_thumb.jpg

Today I'm sewing a couple of outfits for birthday presents for 2 little girls I know.

Tomorrow I will be heading to my youngest daughter's house to celebrated the holiday. We will have BBQ and then walk to the park down the road to watch the fireworks.

I hope evryone has Happy and safe 4th of July!

Wow Carol you do such wonderful sewing I bet they all will look adorable. Nic job love them!!

Good to hear you got your shoes Linda and I don't like any bridges specially high ones lol

SO good to hear maryjo that you have a good idea of what you're getting in a washer are you getting a set a washer and a dryer or just the washer??

HI Bgs glad you weathered the rain came down here ALL DAY yesterday. We are soggy.

HI trib sounds like a good time was had by all specially the little guy lol

I can't get over how cute those outfits are Carol! I sewed for daughter when she was young as she was so easy to sew for. But nothing like that!! I used to make her skirts and jogging pants with sweatshirts to match!! Ariel was big back then anything little mermaid or I think

The little ponies were still out in fabrics too. IT was fun. Now I can hardly thread the needle right on the machine!! And seldom if ever use it even for mending lol

My neighbor used to have one of those very expensive machines all computerized and could quilt and embroider and every thing!! The things she made were very nice but I often thought to mysef the art of sewing has come so far you know. That technology is integrating everything!

Well I'm going to get dressed and find something to do out there before it starts raining again. Have a good one all!!

Carol those outfits are cute as can be. I love seeing your sewing projects. Sound like you are having a nice time.

Mary Jo we had 4 inches in the rain gauge this morning. I thought it would be easy setting out some flowers but I still had places that was hard as a rock. When that clay dries out it takes a lot to soften it back up. I'm with you on the washer giving thw dryer the clothes and them being folded when done. I would even settle for rhe socks to be matched up.

Katy stepmom came over and made a big production of telling me she was leaving her embroidery machine for me as she always promised it to me but guess what? She took it along with things that she knows darn well were my mothers.

I don't go over that way,I have high bridge phobia.

Make it a great day :cheer  :cheer

I love bridges and don't have a phobia at all, but when I was young, i used to have a recurring nightmare about bridges. I would be in the backseat of parents careally and we would get to a bridge called a swinging bridge. The Brided separated in the middle the swing back together. You had to wait until one side touched the road you where your car was the you would drive on the that part. Then when the bridge met together drove to the other side, then wait for that side to touch the other side of the road to continue on. It was a very frightening dream for some reason and I would wake up scared to death. Lol, thinking back seems very silly. We never did make it completely across in the dram, the bridge either broke, or the brakes wouldn't brake and we would drive right off the edge....

Ok everyone send the rain here, we can use it.  Keep getting promised, but nothing.

If the washer and dryer communicate, I want them to take the cloths from the washer to the dryer and to fold them when done.[/b]

[/b]

It's rained all day here, so far even though it wasn't supposed to! I might try to plant the rose between rains. If it ever slows down.

Mary Jo, if you ever find one of those sets, put in my order as well! I need one of those.

Good Morning!

We had some good storms yesterday and its raining now but its suppose to ease off before BBq and fireworks time tomorrow. 

Baby Jade is getting so big. This will be my littlest granddaughter's first July 4th as well and I made a special outfit for her. attachicon.gifJuly 4th outfit.JPG

I also made outfits for the 2 big grandkids. attachicon.gifIMG_1527.JPG

These are close ups of the shirtsattachicon.gifJuly 4th truck.JPGattachicon.gifJuly 4th Nicole's flag.JPG

Today I'm sewing a couple of outfits for birthday presents for 2 little girls I know.

Tomorrow I will be heading to my youngest daughter's house to celebrated the holiday. We will have BBQ and then walk to the park down the road to watch the fireworks.

I hope evryone has Happy and safe 4th of July!

Those outfits are adorable! The kids will look adorable in them.

We are cooking out today even though it is raining. Luckily since our porch is covered, we will just pull the grill up there.

Have a wonderful evening all!

Well sounds like everyone is busy this weekend.

BGs that was just a mean thing to do to you. Sorry step mom is such a trifling petty person.

Have fun at all your bbq s and. Enjoy the holiday. We are possibly having a few friends over and if weather holds up might even grille lol

but we are definitely Watchingthe fireworks on tv tomorrow night as we are not keen on the noise or the traffic and most of all the smoke. Lol. Well back to the job at hand. I will see you all tomorrow!!

well I'm in a dither,came across some granny circles,that I was making for someone,went through all the threads to try and find the person,came up blank,on her first post it said how many single crochets in the circle,don't remember if its 14 or 16,I had quite a few worked up,anyone remember the person or how many crochets in the circle,thanks

oh just remembered something else,it took 16 or 20 circles to make a square

well I'm in a dither,came across some granny circles,that I was making for someone,went through all the threads to try and find the person,came up blank,on her first post it said how many single crochets in the circle,don't remember if its 14 or 16,I had quite a few worked up,anyone remember the person or how many crochets in the circle,thanks

oh just remembered something else,it took 16 or 20 circles to make a square

Was this the thread?

http://www.crochetville.com/community/topic/105044-yo-yos-for-charity/page-9#entry2658494

Archived