Granny Squares for those that need them cal 2018

Patience Katy patience. I know easier said than done. I am glad you have your tablet. You sure got it at just the right time.

Well I am in my chair and cold air is blowing on me. Feels good and I am tired. I really didnt think they would get it all done today. We have a lot of things to put away. This unit is a fair amount larger so it really cut into some our storsge space. Will deal with it another day.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Katy, Glad you got your laptop! Hope they get the ville figured out for you soon.

Little Tribble's last baseball game was today. He did really well. Much better than the last couple of games. Had to give him a talking to and ground him from his computer time for a day. Straightened him right up. Now to get him signed up for fall soccer.

Repotted Little Tribble's Hibiscus in a larger planter. I have never had one before and really am hoping we are able to keep it alive. I'm not happy that I am going to have to bring it inside for the winter, I have no clue where I am going to put it.

I haven't seemed to be able to get anything done the last couple of weeks, I seem to be in a slump!

Our garden has went NUTS!!! I told Mr.Tribble that he either underestimated the sprawling ability of our cucumber, watermelon and Zucchini plants or overestimated the size of our garden. It is doing so much better than last year, but if we plant all this again next year we are going to have to make the garden bigger, we can't even walk through it without lifting up plants as not to step on them...

Have a wonderful evening all!

MMMMMMMMMMMm garden sounds great.  Ah sorry to say that if you do not bring the hibiscus in, it will die.  They do not do good in long winters.  Maybe one or two of nothing under 32, but no colder and not for a long time.  Oh here is a hint.  If it gets to big, you can cut it down and it will grow back.  At least mine do.

Good Morning everyone,

Brenda glad to hear you got your cold air.  Isn't it amazing how fast they can put those things in?  Enjoy.

Well today is going to be a day of finishing project.  The tote and hopefully the cloths for the second doll. 

Hot and humid (Duh) and 30% of rain.  I have already been outside to water and the Jello air is back.

Everyone in the West, please keep cool.

Off to see what trouble I can get into.  Have fun today.

Good Morning!!

I can't believe you are still having problems with the site. Hope they help you figure it out soon.

I am in tremendous pain. Shoots from top of back to my head which then causes migraines. I worked all day Thursday outside getting logs for projects. I must of pulled something and if it doesn't calm down by Monday I guess I will make a trip to see DR.If I move my left are up just wrong the pain just shoots to my head. Sleeping is just about null.

Hope everyone is doing okay and staying cool. Today isn't suppose to be to bad and I need to move the wood to the back patio and get the grass mowed. Thank goodness I have a couple young men coming over to help. They stopped by yesterday and seen the wood and asked if they could help. I said sure so they will be here at 1. I will supervise them! :)

I'll try to check in later.

Morning all.

Oh so glad you have your cool fixed ?rwnd this heat lately is really oppressive. So gal it's all taken care of.

HI TRibble yeah all that rai. Sure made the gardens grow !! GOod too about the baseball game glad it went well did they win?

POor PIneknot hope things are back to normal now those hospital visits are always such an ordeal why does it have to be that way all that waiting around?

Anything planned for the day anyone? I might pop out to the store later I dunno. Supposed to be cooler here I think so that won't. Be

Too uncomfortable today

I think the. Neighbor is going to mow for us today the grass sure could use it. There for awhiole e every time he went to mow it it rained was going to rain or had just stopped lol.

Well I wanna check my mail and see if Amy has me reset yet so I will be back later on I gotta get my morning jo too lol. See ya after while.

Poor Sandra. I think you do too much poor thing get it checked out ok. I think this time Sandra it was my fault cause I tried twice to sign in but my question then would be why can I use the laptop to access the ville and have it not work on the desk top?? Gotta get to the bottom . Of this today!! That is my goal today. I know it's the filters cause I can sign in everywhere else I just messes me up doing that twice is all. Should be a quick fix if I can get someone to reply to my email.

Hi Tampa that jello air that kills me!! Hope to see both the dolly and the tote when completed! How ever did you land on making those for just about everyone ?? Lol such a neat idea. I wish I made something I was so good at and then I would love to give them away to all too!! Those totes are just perfect for just about any purpose o e could think of. I remember when I was on crutches for a while I used it to carry things li,e my can o Diet Coke or whatever I needed to get to another place as it freed up my two hands for the crutches. It was a wonerfful help.

Good Morning

I slept like a rock,was up earlier but didn't come to post til now,had my nose buried in a book

for days now,the  rain has passed us by,meaning I had to drag the hose out and water

glad to hear you got your AC in,Bgs,oh Owlvamp,hope the pain passes quickly

Hey all! Quick check in. Doing laundry and going to baby sit in a while, plus my neighbor's bands coming out gig later today. Should be fun...I hope Lola. They're doing it in his back yard :lol

Hope all are well! I'll try to check in later! :ghug

Afternoon all. Oh it has been a slow and lazy day. It's really hot here this aft and as for me I have t felt like dong much of anything constrictive. Watched a show on tv worked on a few granny squares with my scraps and tried to take a shot nap and now that is a out all I have today. I have a broken blood vessel in my eye least that is wha I think it is and that bothered me a bit today so I put drops in and laid down. IT is better than it was. Should be all the way better in a couple more days.

So that is my day so far I sure hope you all got lots more accomplished than I did today!! but only if you wanted too lol

If not so be it right lol we all have these kinds of days right.

Been awfully quiet on the thread too today. Every one must be busy with their weekend plans I'm sure.

I didn't go out today well cause it was hot and blah blah blah lol so tomorrow I will have that to do I guess.

My ball pile is going down some though.post-40621-0-07667200-1466889585_thumb.jpegy

I found quite a few 4 inch squares I had forgotten about too so added them in but might just keep them as 4 inch squares not sure yet. Any one. Needing solid assort color 4 inch grannys??? Lol

MMMMMMMMMMMm garden sounds great.  Ah sorry to say that if you do not bring the hibiscus in, it will die.  They do not do good in long winters.  Maybe one or two of nothing under 32, but no colder and not for a long time.  Oh here is a hint.  If it gets to big, you can cut it down and it will grow back.  At least mine do.

That's what I understood also when I did some research on keeping it alive. I'm going to have to find somewhere to sit it inside this winter. I read that they live for 6-8 years. How old are yours? I hope we can keep this one thriving, I do not have a green thumb, more a black one most times.

Good Morning!!

I can't believe you are still having problems with the site. Hope they help you figure it out soon.

I am in tremendous pain. Shoots from top of back to my head which then causes migraines. I worked all day Thursday outside getting logs for projects. I must of pulled something and if it doesn't calm down by Monday I guess I will make a trip to see DR.If I move my left are up just wrong the pain just shoots to my head. Sleeping is just about null.

Hope everyone is doing okay and staying cool. Today isn't suppose to be to bad and I need to move the wood to the back patio and get the grass mowed. Thank goodness I have a couple young men coming over to help. They stopped by yesterday and seen the wood and asked if they could help. I said sure so they will be here at 1. I will supervise them! :)

I'll try to check in later.

I hope you get to feeling better!  Back injuries are one of the worst things ever. I never realized how much stuff I drop until I have injured my back and have to sit in a chair to pick something up off the floor!

Morning all.

Oh so glad you have your cool fixed ?rwnd this heat lately is really oppressive. So gal it's all taken care of.

HI TRibble yeah all that rai. Sure made the gardens grow !! GOod too about the baseball game glad it went well did they win?

POor PIneknot hope things are back to normal now those hospital visits are always such an ordeal why does it have to be that way all that waiting around?

Anything planned for the day anyone? I might pop out to the store later I dunno. Supposed to be cooler here I think so that won't. Be

Too uncomfortable today

I think the. Neighbor is going to mow for us today the grass sure could use it. There for awhiole e every time he went to mow it it rained was going to rain or had just stopped lol.

Well I wanna check my mail and see if Amy has me reset yet so I will be back later on I gotta get my morning jo too lol. See ya after while.

Katy, the Tball team doesn't keep track of who wins and loses, which I think is ridiculous. I think the teams were about tied this time. I feel even though they are young they need to learn that one team is going to win and one is going to lose. Next year he will be doing pitch coach, so hopefully it goes as well as this year.

Didn't do a thing today but sleep so I could work tonight. House looks like a cyclone has went through it. I'm going to have to give it a good cleaning this week.

Have a wonderful night everyone!!!

Got up at 5:30 for the 2nd day in a row to drive down and help the kids move into their dream home... Made bread last night to take today, picked up a bottle of wine and some salt for their house blessing... DIL hinted she needed new dish cloths and hot pads... Guess I need to get on that... plus a puppy blanket for Ethan.

Katy.. is it all good now?

Tribble, I can not tell you how many hibiscus I have killed in the last 58 years... good luck.

Sandra honey, I had the worst headache today, I had to take a sudafed to get to break things up... it is this nasty weather... feel better!

Linda, what are you reading? 

Brenda, nothing like cool air LOL

MJ, what sort of trouble did you get in to?

I am getting ready to watch a movie with dh and do some crochet!

Hugs,

Lea

Tribble, I can not tell you how many hibiscus I have killed in the last 58 years... good luck.

LOL, that doesn't make me feel any better at all! I am sure that Little Tribble is going to be irate if his flower dies. It's looking good so far, but we have had it less than a week ! :lol

I hope everyone has a great morning, I can not wait to get home and crash into bed!

Good Morning everyone

Sun is out,temps much cooler,have to water this a.m.

Min, I'm reading Lori Wilde's Twilight Texas series,read the last one first,I'm one of those people,that will pick a book,just because I'm taken in by the cover photo,now I'm on the second book,The True Love Quilting Club

Tribble,I had a double red hibiscus for many years '96 -2012 ,only thing that lead to its demise,was not catching the night frost one year.

Mine had morning sun till about 11 a.m.I did the touch test for dryness,plant food once a month,we put ours in the garage out of drafts.The plant will lose its flowers and some of or all leaves will drop,and go dormant,occasional water,put back out after chances of frost is over.hope you get many years of enjoyment from yours as I did from mine.We had an end unit in Military housing in Hawaii,we had red hibiscus hedge all around the yard.

Hi all. Will have to read posts I missed later tonight. Have to get ready for work later. Been working last few days so been busy. Kids are doing good. Jade is getting too big, lol. She is 19 weeks old already !

post-39682-0-04077600-1466952361_thumb.jpg

Good morning all.

I hope you are all having a grand and glorious day so far!!

I slept deep and well as my eye did not keep me up and is looking

Much less threatening today. So I think it's on the mend.

There are many things apparently that might be the cause of a broken blood vessel in ones eye.

From sneezing or coughing or allergens in the air

And more the list goes on. So what I think my particular cause is or was allergens or sneezing

Lol. Any who I. On the mend. It looked ominous at first to see a red blood spot on the white of my eye though. BUt doing much better now. It does not effect my vision so I'll keep using these drops I have and wait it out probably a few more days but the worst is over.

Hope Sandra you are feeling better today as well as any of us that are hurting or not feeling top shape

Today. How are all there with you PIneknot?? On the mend now I hope.

Well I had thought I had this crochetville sign I. Issue figured out by thinking I could only be signed on to the ville one ONE device not both on the same name and forum, but have recently been hearing others can do that and it works fine.

So if I can't get someone by tomorrow to reset me as the desk top has a different ip number than the I pad then I will by pass it all and make me a new name. This is or should not be a problem like it has been. Poor Amy we thought we had it all taken care of. I hope she has some solution up her sleeve lol. I think the ip addy changing all the time is normal isn't it. Every time I check it on either devices it is different on each. I wonder if that is normal?? Anyone ?

Anyway sheesh at least I can get on with the iPad but that is cause it always runs in the background on there and I just won't shut it down on there till I am sure I can sign on with the desktop.

I'm working on the list to get us all on the first post S the list stands now but won't put it up until I can use the desktop to do it lol.

Reminds me too I have a couple people to contact to see if they still want to be on the list so will do that too from the desktop. It's just easier for me and.certainly faster lol.

So we have Sept Oct and Dec birthdays to do to end out the year and those are all on the first post so no hurry I guess we have no. Birthdays in Nov either.

TAmpa I know you told me your birth month but can't find that messg so if you wouldn't mind sending me that again. I have your other info but missing your birth month. You. might not get squares of course as you are not collecting, but you might get some cards and surprises during your bday month!!

Ok well I'm off. Have a great day !!

Hi all. Will have to read posts I missed later tonight. Have to get ready for work later. Been working last few days so been busy. Kids are doing good. Jade is getting too big, lol. She is 19 weeks old already !

Little Cutie!!!

Good Morning everyone

Sun is out,temps much cooler,have to water this a.m.

Min, I'm reading Lori Wilde's Twilight Texas series,read the last one first,I'm one of those people,that will pick a book,just because I'm taken in by the cover photo,now I'm on the second book,The True Love Quilting Club

Tribble,I had a double red hibiscus for many years '96 -2012 ,only thing that lead to its demise,was not catching the night frost one year.

Mine had morning sun till about 11 a.m.I did the touch test for dryness,plant food once a month,we put ours in the garage out of drafts.The plant will lose its flowers and some of or all leaves will drop,and go dormant,occasional water,put back out after chances of frost is over.hope you get many years of enjoyment from yours as I did from mine.We had an end unit in Military housing in Hawaii,we had red hibiscus hedge all around the yard.

Thanks Pineknott! I am writing all the information down to try and keep this hibiscus with up ;)

WOW, she is getting so big. Such a sweetie!

Not a whole lot going on here. Was really hot here today, had breathing advisors out. Mr Tribble was going to mow some of the yard, but I told him not to because he has terrible lungs. Always getting bronchitis and he didn't need to be out in the heat today. Even kept the dogs in a good bit of the day, until the side of the house has some shade.

Have a wonderful night all!

Katy please be patient and wait for Amy. If the site is blocking your IP address changing your screen name and password is not going to solve the problem and may make things worse.

I am exhausted. Fri we had the new heatpump installed. It took a long time for the house to cool down and I did not go to sleep until it cycled on and off a couple of times (3am). Up early for a full day of bonsai including going out to eat for dinner last night and back for bonsai again today.

:morcoffee yawn :morcoffee  Good Morning

have been up since 5 a.m. Rene' has a back injection early this morning,and she  is slowwwwwwwwwwww moving.

the temps are cooler,couldn't see the house across the street due to the fog

have a great day everyone

Good morning! Good luck to Rene, pineknott. Once I get out of here, I am going home and crashing in bed!

Have a wonderful day, everyone....

Good morning!! I've been going through the posts but there are too many so I have had to surpass some.

For those of you in the unbearable heat, please keep hydrated....

We have not had rain here for a while and our grass is looking dried out but poor Virginia had the bad flooding.

Katie- Hope computer gets fixed but I'm with Brenda, sit tight for Amy. Blocking issues have a number of reasons.

Good Morning.

Sorry I've been MIA, the grandkids were keeping me very busy but they are home now and my house is very quiet this morning. No definite plans for today other than my morning coffee and then I'll see what I feel like doing. Hope everyone has a great day.

Archived