Granny Squares for those that need them cal 2018

Hi all! Quick check in before I head off to bed. It's been a bit if a long day for me :( That's ok tho :) Got a lot of cleaning done and then I had fun hanging out with my neighbor. He was burning stuff in his back yard and getting ready for a show his band is putting on over there this weekend. I made friends with the lead singer of his band :lol He's a pretty cool guy. Then I came back and helped Mom finish the kitchen, even tho I told her I'd get it all, she did almost all of it for me...literally. Then got some yarning done and now I'm here :)

But anyway. I'm going to bed now :lol

I hope all are well or better and a very big :hug for all!

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good Morning.

Another beautiful day.  Hope everyone is having the same.  All you out west, try and keep cool and be careful with the heat.

I have decided to stop looking for the yarn and try something else. 

Katy I love the afghan and the stuffy is really cute.

I am off to try and get some things done today.

One hand housework, the other crocheting? :scrachin 

Well off to get the second cup of coffee. :coffee 

Morning all

Rained last night sun shining today the big turkey birds stayed in the front of the yard a long time this am, even thru the garbage truck coming. They didn't like the truck though lol and gobbled at them. It must be mating season as the bigger males all had their tails up and spread out trying to attract the smaller females. Putting on quite a show for sure. strutting and showing off.

I was surprised the bunnies were out there too not afraid of the turkeys at all. Cept one little bunny that took off Lickedy

split at the first gobble lol

MY closet doors worked so well this am it has almost inspired me to go thru it again and purge!!. But I just did that not long ago lol

YOu k ow I still had four pair of slacks in there I had not worn since well at least ten years ago so out they went lol so I am good to go for another while on that.

THe morning has been refreshingly cool and max got to have his window on the world opened again for a while this am. He enjoys watching the wild life!! We had a dear here not long ago that he was not at all enthralled about it being in. OUR yard but i t but it did. Not stay long.

Well I just had two sausage and a pice of toast so breakfast is out of the way lol just finishing up my juice now. I do not eat much in the am but a piece of toast most of the time to get the mind and body moving lol

BRunch is next week with the bunch and I haven't made them anything for a while I just am out of ideas lol. But will be nice to see them anyway!

Well I. Off to get my day on you all have a good one now!!

For

I believe our heatpump officially died today. They are at least 2 weeks out on new installs but we still have to talk with them and decide on a unit. At least its just in the 90's this week.

Hope you figure out soon bgs. It's no fun being in the heat and no air.

Sorry haven't been on. Just been extremely busy and trying to get a lot of cleaning done.

Tampa Doll I looked for that yarn but I don't have any/ Sorry hope you figured out a plan B.

It is our ac and heat. It has a ground loop with water to transfer heat to or from the ground. It uses the earth as a heat source in the winter or a heat sink in the summer. It takes less energy to transfer heat than it does to generate heat.

A swamp cooler cools the air through the evaporation of water. Like when you are wet and the wind blows you feel cooler or cold.

Typical ac uses vapor compression (chemicals that easily convert from a gas to a liquid and back again. This chemical is used to transfer heat from the air inside of a home to the outside air.

Good Morning

have been up since 5 a.m.busy day,food shopping day,with a side trip to drop the truck back off,gee he had it half a day,and now the check engine light is coming on.have a great day

HI all

Oh ok Bgs thanks for explaining that. They have heat pumps here but thought they were only for heat. MY sister had a swamp. Cooler. And she didn't like it but that is all the house had there I think it was in Arizona at that time.

Here most of us have furnaces and ac unit combined cept for the outside part of the ac. The rest is tucked either in a spot I. The basement , or a utility room or something.

HI Sandra welcome back!

LInda ain't that always the way. Engine lite on after repair is not good I don't think.

No Tampa doll yet huh maybe Mary Jo and strawberry short cakes went out to brunch lol. Maybe hey ordered blueberry muffins or a ginger snap too!!

Well it's early yet it's all I had so gave it a shot. lol

Pokin Round on tthe net looking for something to crochet lol Rained a bit earlier. Which is probably what woke me up come to think of it lol

I hope to get under way on a new project soon but for now I'm only a third of the way through my morning jo lol which comes in a silver and redre can that says Diet Coke lol.

So until that kicks in I will sign off for now. Sure hope you all keep cool today feels like it is goi g to be hot out there today. Poor Bgs. I feel you!

Good Morning.  Up a little late this morning.  Went out to water the plugs in the yard, soon I will be making breakfast and then to relax.

Why is it bgs that the AC dies in the summer months.  Ours had died in July a couple of years ago.  Well, one died anyway.  I spent most of the time in the bedroom till they replaced it.  Good luck with getting it replaced.  Maybe you will get lucky, and they will get out sooner.

Does anyone remember using only fans and no AC?  We grew up with a fan downstairs and a fan upstairs.  During the day the upstairs fan was pulling the hot air out of the house and the downstairs one pulled the hot air into the house and visa versa during the night. :rofl 

Still need to get the tote started, so no other crocheting till that is done.

I just saw some of the temps out west, wow please be careful.

Hi Sandra, that sounds like my luck, with the car.  Good luck with that.

Well off to make breakfast, and funny thing Katy, I am making French toast with blueberries. :rofl

I don't know my AC blower went out beginning of this month. It's crazy!!

Today I want to finish up 2 jellyfishes I am making then mow grass and continue to purge.

Need to get rid of somethings and hope to have a yard sale. I am the biggest procrastinator when it comes to that but know I can make a little something and we sure need it right now.

Hope everyone has a nice day and stay cool!!

A friend of ours 76 years old just passed away yesterday. I just got the call late last night.........

I NEED GOOD NEWS GOOD NEWS GOOD NEWS no more bad ... Maybe if I say this loud enough it will happen. This is the 4th death just this year. :(

So sorry to hear about your neighbor.  It is always hard to lose a friend.

Let's see good news?  Got me on that one.

Only good news here is no interlopers.  No one come to fix or deliver or work on anything today. :clap  :cheer 

Well I have a bit of good news leeast to me lol. I has asked son in law if he had my wireless mouse plug in as I thought I had left it I. The puter when he took it. He said he would look or if he didn't have it he would buy me a new mouse sooo iif I find the plug I'll let him know lol

!! For some reason I remembered it plugging in back but maybe that was the old wired mouse port .

but knowing him he probably already bought a new one to have it to use whenever he comes to set up new puter for me. I.know I could do it I have before but those two think I am so totally inept at stuff like that so hey if they wanna do it so be it. Lol. So that is about it.

BUt the day is young so. More good things as they come I guess.

We should all today at least list the good things that actually happen to us today!! It would be cool to look back on that list In the future.

Ok so 1. Being the mouse deal for me. I am not counting stuff like getting out of bed or stuff like that though. These of mine will be actual things that were good things that happened to me today! Not that those aren't oh you know what I mean lol

Ok so anyone??? Start your own list now! GO!

Katy swamp coolers dont work very well in places that are humid so they work best in places likw AZ. Most people here have the ac and furnaces like you but more are starting to get the air to air heat pumps. People are being encouraged to get things that do the same job but use less energy and reduce their carbon footprint.

Its supposed to get up to 96 today

I handled the heat so much better back in my younger days and it was just as Mary Jo described--- no ac and fans.

Well Linda that seems about right. We have had that happen and once we only got about two blocks from the shop after picking it up when the light came on.

Sandra sorry for your loss. I hope you quit getting bad news. I operate on no news is good news cause at least you didnt get bad news. On top of my dads death stepmom has been very hurtful the way she is handling things. My sisters and I are devastated so we are looking forward to next year hoping to be past everything by then. Thats why we took our little trip to Branson to get away from it and try to have some fun. It was for my big 60 which was emotional as my mom had passed away a few months before her 60th. Her mom and brother passed in their mid 50's as well as my dads dad. I never thought my chances of having a 60th birthday was all that good. But it came and was a very good day. But we came home the next evening to people up the road having a party playing music that was too loud even a quarter mile away an shooting off a high caliber gun constantly from 930pm till 1 am. That really frazzled my nerves. The heat pump is 22 years old so so its served its time and it was good that it waited til this year and didnt quit in 2013. Its one of the few things that did not break or quit that year. I need to fill my hummingbird feeder watching them always makes me happy.

Well for good news the guy came out today to look and see what needed to be replaced. Bad news will be when he calls with the price and it was also bad news that the new units take up a lot more space but good news he said since we are without ac they might be able to do it next week but I'm not holding my breath on that one. So far the front room hasnt gotten any hotter than 81 and its 77 in kitchen and bedroom so not bad since its 96 outside. Its just I like cool better. Dh likes it warm so it wont bother him until I tell him I refuse to turn the stove on to cook his supper.

Well hello all.

What a hot one today out there huh. Hoe you doing Bgs? Hope you found a somewhat cool plac

and took it easy today. I don't k ow why they always go out when needed most but they seems to Everyone around here says their ac just can't keep up with it either but so far so good ours is still kicking it out.

Started another smaller ghan today I like it so far lol.here is a tiny sneak peak.

I love the soft colors it's a big granny square a closed stitch one or anyway it or will be when finished.

IM using a j hook and white pink mint yellow and ?? Lol it's coming out very pretty.

Ok there we are lol can everyone say duh Katie?

BRenda well . Some good news In there so that counts on the plus side!

HOpe the truck came out well Linda!

When the kids were here in Father's Day son in law almost had a totally flat tire when they got here said it steered fu.funny. well yeah! SO handy man and he went out and put the donut on . But told him . To get it fixed as donuts are not meant to last too long so he got that done the following day and found he had had picked up a nail somewhere. So got that fixed and on again.

SAndra sorry about your loss. Were you close?

All els else stay cool and have a good eve! I'll try to check in later. ♥️♥️♥️

bgs... gotta tell ya... the swamp cooler thingy is a bummer.... keep that wet rag around your neck and hose yourself down ...

Sandra, I am so sorry... any way you can meet a couple of us hooky folks in Otown next Thurs. at 1:00 at McD's?  you need some relaxation!

Love the blankie... glad a bout the mouse..  MJ... yes we had the fans doing the same thing... only my dad would turn the founds around each morning and night to either draw the fan in or out the open windows....and to think I use to play outside all day back then!

Hugs!

well,when he called the guy said the test couldn't done til the gas tank is at half or less,well,didn't anticipate a problem,so he filled the tank for the week,so possibly Tues. Monday Rene' gets another back injection at 9am,so he is taking her to that,while I have Jimmy duty

Oh here is said rr all done. I took off and put on rows of dc till I liked it!! Now I can finally say it's done lol off tomorrow to start another something or other as I am free of that particular one now lol. Thanks to all

For your help.

!! I tried a lot of ways trust me. Lolattachicon.gifimage.jpeg

I finished up the first of the Harry Potter blankets. I'm in the middle of the one for my younger munchkin.

Just quick check in. Blankets are gorgeous girls!!!

Getting ready to go to bed hope everyone has an awesome day tomorrow. ..

Archived