Granny Squares for those that need them cal 2018

Ii do hope your migraine gets better fast.

Yes hello lacey. . Jade is certainly growing and looks sooo healthy. She is just a livin g doll!!

A Gator at the door huh well i am speechless !

hi ya crochetfan.

It sounds like you are doing some spring cleaning!! And Carol do enjoy your coming up days of leisure!! I cant fathom having my own back yard pool and not being in it day and night lol i would have no time for anyrhing else!! BUt in my defense, i am a Picies lol

Having cold chiken from the deli and a fruit salad as it is just too hot to heat up the house by cooking. Oh another shooting. This one in a Dallas airport. Details coming up as we i type. Be back later on stay cool!!

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IM back. Just finished a few more rows on the round, ripple. You all didnt help me with the next color?? S o it had to be two rows of the white then another color decision!! If ever in doubt t go with blue!! LOL. So am i done?? You tell me. It measures point to point about 30 inches or a bit more. so i think another two rows will be necessary at least any size is good with my charity according to my girl there so you tell me am i done?? Or if not then another 2rows of white and then the color qustion rears its head again!!! So im thinkin if i have enough i might use the golden color and edge in?? White?? I like it so far dont wanna ruin the flow so i dunno. Worry about that tomorrow!!

Lol. Any ideas ladies??

post-40621-0-31067800-1465594173_thumb.jpg

Its hot here too. We have ac but I have to monitor it. The heat pump must have air in the line as every so often it runs and runs but isnt cool. I shut it down for a bit and then the next time it runs the air is cold like it should be. I will have to shut it off when we leave. We are on the list but they are really busy right now and two guys have to come to purge the lines.

Katy I like the way it looks now but I am partial to blue being the predominate color. I am sure it will look great whatever you do as you seem to have a knack for putting colors together.

Good Morning Everyone!

I am officially on summer break!!! :yay  :cheer  :clap  :dance

Now its time to sew sew sew, crochet crochet crochet and of course love on the grandkids,

Have a great weekend everyone!

Hi all. Congratz Carol you made it!!

PIneknot that would be pretty i think dont know though if there is that much of the gold left will have to check. BGs. Well at least you can use the ac albeit monitoring it. All ac's can only work so hard in this kind of heat and espcielally humidity. Nex week here anyway is supposed to be much milder and i hope yours is going to get fixed soon for the days yet to come.

Morning to all how is our ms. Owlvamp today? I hope your migraine eased up for you. They are miserable for sure!

Well since the rabbits ate those celery stalks handyman put outa couple carrots for them this am. He says hes not sure rabbits will eat carrots??? What planet is he from?? LOL i reminded him of Bugs bunny!! One time iwas looking for my fav pair of jeans and just could'nt find them anywhere so he says. and i quote. " did you leave them in the car????

Ok what?? I am not in the habit of either dressing or undressing in the car thank you very much!! We still joke about that one!! Rabbits dont like carrots!! sheesh that is taking second place to the jeans story for sure!!

Oh happy ending on the jeans thing they were hanging on a hook on the back of the bedroom door LOL. And Not in the car imagine that!

Well thats ok iIhave always been drawn to people that make me laugh!!!

WEna e a festival going on downtown this weekend but saw a news clip yesterday of how miserably hot those people that went yesterday looked and probably wonw't be going today. We have a dangerous heat index again today. Darn oh well wi will miss it this time in favor of i dunno not getting heat stroke?

Almost psssed out for real one ti me at the annual july fourth parade and that was enough for me!!the heat the crowds wow i nearly lost it.

Well all for now hope every o ne stays reasonably cool and i will be back later!!

Time for my next pole entitled. Appropriately. " Out of gold and that particilar white so can this be done yett??"

LOL.OR working title. Does the darker blue trim frame it or ruin i!image.jpg]

I cN no longer fit it entirely on my table so is probably about 35 or 36 from point to point.post-40621-0-69589900-1465668106_thumb.jpgpost-40621-0-40434500-1465668907_thumb.jpeg

Sheesh... I am gone a couple days and BAM!

So today I am sitting in a Hilton in Richmond Va... just got done with room services... ( seriously my first time EVER)  Chris and I decided to have a little get away. Went to the Poe Museum, Jefferson Hotel, Monument row...

So, Sandra.. I love the jelly fish and I am so so sorry about hurt ... ((( Big Hugs)))

MJ... LOVE teh doll clothes...it was 106 in Richmond today..

Babies rolling over.... be still my heart!

I think the navy on the blanket makes it pop..

Going to enjoy some crochet before sleep!

Tis the season to be packin,cooler bag with plenty of water.had to be out in this heat and humidity today,the air conditioning never felt so good when I got in the door,but had to go out and water the plants after dinner

minwifeof4boys,how is you mom doing in her new surroundings?

Katy the good thing is everyone likes something different. I liked it yesterday with the blue at the end but I am liking this the more I look at it. I agree the makes it pop.

It was pretty hot out today but the house didnt get too hot while we were gone. Thats one nice thing about an earth contact house and some trees for shade. We had a bonsai meeting and then several of us had a late lunch. Then we made a stop at my sisters. Her birthday is tomorrow and then she has joint replacement surgery on her thumb on Mon.

What's an earth contact house? Is that where part of the house is built in side of a mountain/hill ?

I am living not saying it's grand but I am here.

Today the air conditioner is not blowing at all. It's over 80 degrees in here and tomorrow it's suppose to be over 95 degrees. Talk about sweating. If it's not one ting it's something else here. Trying to stay positive but finding it very hard to do.

What's an earth contact house? Is that where part of the house is built in side of a mountain/hill ?

I am living not saying it's grand but I am here.

Today the air conditioner is not blowing at all. It's over 80 degrees in here and tomorrow it's suppose to be over 95 degrees. Talk about sweating. If it's not one ting it's something else here. Trying to stay positive but finding it very hard to do.

Yep the back part of the house is like being in a basement with basement windows up high. The front of the house is at ground level. To paint the front of the house (before we got siding) I had to have 2 sections high of scaffolding to reach it all. I can hop up on the roof from the ground at the back of the house. We access the attic from the outside at the back of the house using just a single layer of concrete blocks as steps. The front faces south so I have been keeping the drapes closed now but the sun in the winter really warms the house. Since the north end is in ground that cold winter north wind doesnt chill the house. I sure understand about its always something. I have given up hope on ever getting ahead and just pray to break even. We never had ac at home until I was in high school and none of the schools had ac either. We got by with a fan in one window pulling air through the house from other windows. I must admit I am now spoiled and really love ac. I sleep much better with it and my allergies dont bother me as much.

Katy the good thing is everyone likes something different. I liked it yesterday with the blue at the end but I am liking this the more I look at it. I agree the makes it pop.

It was pretty hot out today but the house didnt get too hot while we were gone. Thats one nice thing about an earth contact house and some trees for shade. We had a bonsai meeting and then several of us had a late lunch. Then we made a stop at my sisters. Her birthday is tomorrow and then she has joint replacement surgery on her thumb on Mon.

I pass one of those when I go to the library out in Suffolk,I always wondered what kind of house it was

Good Morning Everyone.

Bright, Sunny and humid.  Another day in Florida.

Going to chill out today and start working on Strawberry Shortcake and friends dolls in thread, instead of yarn.  They will be smaller and I think easier for little hands to grab.

post-62818-0-20631200-1465736600_thumb.jpg Hey Katie, this is what I made with some of the plastic canvas. The project I was telling you about. Sorry I got two of the same picture on there. The Hug picture says inside WANTED TO SEND YOU SOMETHING {SPECIAL}BUT HOW IN THE WORLD DO YOU SEND A Then that is where HUG come in at.Then the Fly Swatter says FOR ALL THE THINGS IN LIFE THAT BUG YOU.  I like to sell some of those. But I don't know where to get the colored plastic canvas. Well they are cute.

Mary Jo I love it when you take a pattern designed for yarn and use thread instead.

Snowbear your canvas projects are cute. Once upon a time you could find the colored canvas most anywhere that sold craft supplies---JoAnns Michaels Hobby Lobby and Walmart but. I dont think thats the case anymore so you may have to look online. I have some of the leisure art books with patterns for tissue covers coasters magnets for holidays which you can glue a pin on instead. I have bought things at craft fairs like little boxes with lids and a booklet type thing for pierced earrings. Have you looked at Pinterest for ideas?

Well i think its done. All the ends are weaved in all the stitches done. It was about 24 rows give or take and used a lot of partials and balls andi i am pleased with it. Is about 34 to 36 inches. I made it baby boy friendly. Now the next one i do will be girl friendly lol i do try to be fair!! MY last row before the darker blue trim was 15 up to point and 15 down to valley. One could enlarge it but anything much larger would be i would think a bit awkward for a small baby i dunno. So for what it is. It is done and i like it lol. Probably start another one this coming week.

What about this tragedy in Orlando? My thougts and prayers go to all involved and their families.

All for now folks. This was horrible news this am huh.

Snowbear I love the plastic canvas project.  I have tried and tried and tried, but it is like needlepoint, nope can't get it.  I see so many cool stuff that is plastic canvas.

Yeah, we are watching the Governor right not.  This is a terrible tragedy.  Friday in Orlando they had someone else shot and killed.  A girl who was a singer and was signing autographs.  I can't believe this is all happening.  Prayers and hugs and good thoughts going out to the families.    

Mary Jo thats awful. So much tragedy everywhere. Will keep them in my prayers

And you are right you are doing needlepoint and embroidery stitches on plastic instead of cloth canvas. I used to get some kits to make needlepoint pictures using just the long stitch which was easy as you would come up at one hole and go down at a hole in the same column skipping some holes in between. These were my favorite as they were easy and fast. What I dont like is cutting shapes in the plastic canvas like the about an inch sized shamrocks jack o lanterns ghosts and black cats. Straight pieces are ok but the shapes were tedious. I was making several for nieces class when in grade school 25 years ago

Nice job snowbear!! I am equally delighted that you now know how to post pics!!! Very cute and love the little sayings on them too!!!

Prepare for the postage cost on ordering online. You wouldnt think that plastic canvas would be so heavy but it surely is in quanities

more than a few sheets for sure!

Thanks for the comments on the darker blue trim. As popping is exactly what i was trying for !!

Mary jo so many cute things come off your hook!!! Ill be awaiting pics!!

YEs pineknot plenty of water. They are advising us nere to not to out for more than a few minutes

At most at a time due to the heat i index. However i have noticed the ac shutting itself down a few

Times today already it has been running almost non stop for a couple days so this is good mews indeed!

I almost want to turn off the ceiling fans but hey lets not get crazy here yet LOL

So glad you are feeling a bit better sandra. Keep improving and dont do too much or it might bring on a cluster migrain. Just take it easy. Thing will certainly wait till you are over it completely.

Bgs that is cool with your house. NOw i want to see a pic lol. Amazingly helpful to be Sure in adverse weather yes? Built into a hill that is really different.

CArol are you enjoying your day. With no threat of monday work day dread hanging over you

Like a rain cloud.

Mini how you doing out there?? Would you raher be called mini or Lea lol just asking if you have a preference?

I fear we have lost yarnmonkey. I hope its just that shes away or busy and nothing worse

We are thinking about you NIkki!

I dont think she has been on for a long time.

I Glad katie BUg and immafreak still check in now and then! I know there are so me others

too we havent heard

from so hoping with summer. upon us they are simply just busy but for sure your ville-family

Misses you all for sure.

Take care ladies. Till later.

Quick afternoon fly by,busy

I had that same hug magnet,Snowbear,also had one that ,said grin and bear it,the bear was one of those flat flocked bears

let me see if I have any duplicate plastic canvas magazines,if I do I'll share,they are hard to find nowadays

Archived