Granny Squares for those that need them cal 2018

Mary Jo glad the afghan made it and that your bil loved it.  It was such a neat thing to make him. Sue is doing okay and is busy.  She is working full time at a vet's office, still sews, and crochets bags.  Says about all she has time for online is face book.  

Linda I can't keep cactus alive.  I don't water them enough.  I had to laugh as your downsizing of plants overwintering in the garage sounds like the way I have been downsizing my bonsai experiments or cuttings I have sprouted.  Oops it didn't make it in before the freeze.  We don't water many flowers.That's reserved for our bonsai trees and the vegetable garden.  I stick them in the ground and we might water some the first year after that they are on their own.  I have a very high mortality rate but most are starts that others have thinned out of their gardens.  

katy glad you are back to yourself on Ravelry.  It's such a pain keeping up with all the passwords.  I keep a notebook to log them in as we set them up and tend not to change them unless necessary.  

carol let us know how everyone liked the cake.  Since the batter tasted good the cake should too.  

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Long day here.... Planted a rosemary bush... cleaned the kitchen... getting ready to work on a little crochet owl for a friends bday this weekend..Its hot , humid, and muggy... bugs are swarming!

Dropped in to say Good night.  Watching the old Batman with Michael Keaton as Batman and Jack Nickelson  as the Joker.

Shutting down for the night.  See you all in the AM.

That's my 2nd favorite batman movie. My first is with val Kilmer as batman and tommy Lee jones as two face and Jim Carey as riddler.

Anyone watch the new Gotham show? It's pretty good, about Gotham before and during the development of batman, catwoman, riddler etc. It's on its 2nd or 3rd season. I'm somewhat behind but try to watch it when I remember.

I think we're going to cook out this weekend, yum! Can't wait. Our garden is growing nicely, there are flowers on the tomato plants, soon turn into tomatoes, yay!!! Little Tribbles strawberry plant has flowers too.

Going to bed as soon asI get home in themorning. I did something to my back, hoping it works itself out while I am sleeping.

Have a great day!

Tribble we have been watching Gotham. Its sort of weird in that the characters are developing sort of in the past yet in the present.

Well it was one of those nights that I couldnt fall asleep so I am up and ready for an early start today.

Good Morning.  Yeah we watch Gotham ourselves.  It is fun to see the characters develop and trying to figure out who is who.  I especially like the girl that is Cat Woman.  She looks like a young Michele Pfeiffer.   Don't like the Character Fish Mooney.  She is not even a real character from Batman.

In about an hour I am off to my appointment to the foot Dr. Then home back to the air conditioning.

Not much planned this weekend, except a hair cut.

Have a great day everyone.

Morning all!! I didnt sleep much either last night ant then up early this am bout 6 or so. Not operating well on short sleep but not sleepy either. HEre a question for you all. On laptops there ie no cd/ dvd drive is that right?? Is there a potrt for a digital cmera to down load off the camera to the computer. Im trying to decide if need be what i will get another dsk top so i can use the dvd/cd drive and my digital camera ??Or a lap rop if it has much of the same capabilities.

Ithink i could use my big lcd monitor and with a moification or Some sort of cord i can hook up my monitor as a second monitor an alternate if you will, option as i understand it. I eont know about my speakers keyboard or bass box or even a wireless mouse?? These are the questions that keep me awake!! Lol

So on to other things.

Today i will pay some bills mostlyi do that on the phone and get that over with. THen i dunno low energy today already cleaned out a drawer i. The craft room that is a catch all for things i dont know what to do with. And straightened up my work table so if i decide to crochet i will have a clean space to work in.

And gathered up the trash in all the rooms. As that is my job his job then will be to take it out lol once it is all in one container! I seldom have trash in the craft room unless i clean something out haha i never eat anything in here or the other rooms cept sometimes the living room when no one is here,haha. Has anyone noticed there is way too much packing on so e food items gosh. Who needs all that anyway?

Gonna go nowgrab some toast! See you all later!

Kathy,  both my Dell Laptops have a CD/DVD drive and I can download pictures from a camera.  The camera comes with a cable that you plug into the camera and then into the port drive like you do the wireless mouse.

Look for in description CD/DVD drive in the description.  Like I said before I bought mine from QVC and got lifetime tech support.  Keep a look out and sometimes they will come with all kinds of stuff.

I love mine, but I have always had Dell's.

Off to my corner to work on the doll dress and see what I have in movies.

Wow tampa good timing. Ihave just save a page for daughter and son in law to check out. HAn ent read the description yet lol thank you. I have no idea how to qvc. I will goofle it. Thank you again!

Saw two tiny ants around the sink area so sprayed that its an on goin thing here as soo as he weather warms. Up I usually spray way earlier than his though do that is good. Handy man has granular down too so we shouldnt get any at all!! Ok gotta run phone is a ringing!

A quick "hi".

Hubby and I love "Gotham" and also enjoyed Supergirl, but that one is moving to a new network next year so I don't know how it will do.

Every weekend seems busy and now I am surrounded by graduation after graduation from middle school ones up to h.s. to college.

Yay for my oldest dd who just graduated in Bio with a minor in Asian studies!:)

I needed to take a break from my blanket to make a Graduation owl for a gift.

post-3193-0-54364500-1464980460_thumb.jpg

Happy Friday!  :yay  :cheer  :clap

It has been an interesting and tiring day. Our PTA did a Summer Send-Off Celebration for the school today so we spent about 30 minutes outside playing on bounce houses. The air conditioning in my classroom is out for the 4th time in 4 weeks, so we had to move to another room which is not set up as a classroom right now which made things a bit difficult but we survived it. I'm planning to go to dinner with my youngest daughter, her hubby and my precious granddaughter. But for now I am just going to relax until they get here.

#1crochetfan, that is an adorable owl.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone.

Hey Ya'll I am finally getting over the spider bite. I still have to take another round of antibiotics. To keep staff infection out. Just in case.  I am doing better. We are having really hot weather  Been up in around 87 here. Summer for sure.  :hug

Katy when I was looking at computers 2 years ago I noticed some without cd dvd drive. I think stepmom bought one of those but bought a cd dvd drve to hook up to it. I ordered a laptop from Dell and mine has the cd dvd drive. I bought a docking station to hook my modem printer keyboard mouse and eventually a moniter and maybe speakers. I ordered the monitor but hooked it up to the old computer to see if the problem was the old computer or old monitor. It was the old monitor so for now I left it hooked to the old computer. My laptop has usb ports to hook my camera and slots to insert different memory cards. I have 4 usb ports 2 usb 2 and 2 usb 3 ports. Good thing ordering from Dell you have more choices but you get a much better deal if you catch what you want on QVC. My laptop was stolen at fedex hub in kc. Dell replaced the laptop but left software off it that I had bundled with laptop. I had a horrible time with them straightening it all out. Their solution was to refund my credit card (which took them a month) and repurchase the software at a higher price. They also started my warranty when they shipped the first computer a good month before the replacement came. It took many phone calls and finally a letter to corporate headquarters to straighten it out. I know many people that have ordered from dell and had no problems. They did give me seems like $50 gift credit for all my trouble which I used towards purchasing the software.

Hi all. Thank you Brenda! That is great to hear. Welcome back SNowbear boy that is taking its time to get out of your system. DO they know what sort of spider it was!! sheesh! Sure dis a number on you!

On Daphne that is adorable!! Ilove it!

Have a good time carol and soryy you had a difficult school day!

WE had a pretty god storm go through little bit back. Wind was wild too but all clear now. Got cages up arond the tomatos today they are looking pretty healthy!

I was almost out of packing tape ao on handymans way out today he picked me up some at his fav home slah tool store. 8 big huge rolls plus the thing you put in on to use it with the on hand. Only took the both of us struggling with the dispenser and loading it this aft.

It was unlike any other tape dispenser i have ever used!! But finally we got it working! So i am stocked up on tape for a while!!

Which brings me to this Brenda i will post out your puffy tomorrow. hope if your bday is over you had a good one!! If it is still coming have a good one!! Lol ???? ????

I think i will wait on Sopo's till we hear something from her. Hope she is ok.

Well bout all for now i hope i sleep way better tonight than i did last night. Have a good one all and see ya tomorrow! ????

Good Morning everyone.  Up at 6:30 this morning.  Got a haircut today at 9. Then it is in the house to hide from the heat and humidity.

The tote should be delivered today.  I am wait for the PO to say it is out for delivery.

Hope everyone has a great day today.  Try to keep cool.

Well morning tampa! You are the early riser huh? I hope the tote gets to where its going soon the anticipation is always the hard part!!

Whomever receives it will be soo happy! So much time and labor and material and I know Love goes i to them you know!

Well another day and the sun is all aglow with warmth and light today.

Have a few chores around the house today. Handy man went for parts lol. The sliding doors in the bedroom closet are getting redic to try to slide open. We know what will fix it but cant seem to locate the exact same glides for the bottom track so he went to see whar could be a good adaptivle part that will work. If not. He suggests new doors and track lol. We will see. Its beco e now a challenge for him!

My job will be supervision lol.

So im off dor now and will chexk in later unless we both have to go look at sliding doors till later all have a great and wonderful day today!!

A quick "hi".

Hubby and I love "Gotham" and also enjoyed Supergirl, but that one is moving to a new network next year so I don't know how it will do.

Every weekend seems busy and now I am surrounded by graduation after graduation from middle school ones up to h.s. to college.

Yay for my oldest dd who just graduated in Bio with a minor in Asian studies!:)

I needed to take a break from my blanket to make a Graduation owl for a gift.attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

That owl is precious. I love him.

Hey Ya'll I am finally getting over the spider bite. I still have to take another round of antibiotics. To keep staff infection out. Just in case.  I am doing better. We are having really hot weather  Been up in around 87 here. Summer for sure.  :hug

Snowbear, hope the antibiotics fix you up like new. We're you able to figure out how to post pictures from my email?

Took a nap after got home from work today until about noon. Then got up and did dishes since center every dish in the house was dirty, Swept the floors, done a couple loads of laundry dry including the dog bedding. Will do a couple more loads of clothing later tonight.

We have a friend over and are going great to cook on the grill and maybe have a bonfire. I love grill food and bonfires. Going to be awesome.

The people are finally done with the work we were having done on our house. Little Tribble's room is finished, now we just have to paint it and get his things put back in. Last night was the first night he'd slept in his own room in two weeks. Glad to have him back in there.

Okay all, have a great night will chatter at you all tomorrow.

Things went as well as expected today.  Went for a haircut this morning.

Went along working on my doll dress.  Made dinner, clean- up and opened the doors to the area under the sink and it was full of water.  Could not figure out where it came from.  Called the Plumber and they will be out tomorrow.  If I could get on my knees or if DH could get down, we would not need a plumber, but they will be here  between 9 & 10 AM.

Off to sit in my corner a sulk.

Oh Sandra, I do hope you feel better. 

Daphne glad to hear little Tribble is back in his room

Spider bites and plumbing problems and feeling puny ..OH MY!

Grandbaby Wyatt turned 1 today... He was so fussy... too many folks therehe was not feeling the best and overwelmed... I felt so bad for him... I am snuggled in for the night and ready to hook..

Happy first birthday Wyatt !! Wha t a charming name too love it!!

Good morning all!! Another sunny day one sure could get used to that!!

Well so sorry for that watery shock Mary JO sheeah what a mess. HOpe you have a shut off under the sink at this point you really do not know if its a live waterleak or what. A good precaution is to get shut offs as thats what they call them which allows you to shut off the water to that specific water supply and not have to shut down the water house main.

Sounds like maybe a pipe broke or something huh good luck hope it gets repaired easily and inexpensively and quickly too!!

Well our quest for parts for the closet sliding doors was not productive. As a last resort i emailed the company that made the old glides orignally yesterday. If they cannot nelp me locate the four glides i need then most likely we will replce them with hollow core wood doors so that is where we are on that!! As they would have rollers top track only and elliminate the bottom track all together as they would hang and come with all we need including guides for the doors to pass s easily and stay in place.

Archived