Granny Squares for those that need them cal 2018

Love the fhan!! Glad you caught your tonsilitis early!! SPeaking for myself and i havd had both strep And toncilitis. For me the toncilitis is way worse!!

MIni (Lea). I totally Loved the Boxcar children when i was younger. ONe of my fav books as a child. i remember our teacher in maybe second grade read a couple chapters every day at story time!! I could just not wait each day!! Another my favorites was A Wrinkle In Tiime. That was a good story too I remember my sis having one of those ankle things to jump over as you swung it lol. We too Explored the small woods in our area we took little canteens of water and rationed sunflower seeds on our trek in case we could not find "food" in the wilderness. We were only a couple blocks from home at the most but to us it was miles yet to travel.

WOw Mary jo you sure dodged a bullet for the most part!! I'm glad nothing much else got too damaged.

And cshort too. I watched the map and looked like tampa was flooding!

Can nto wait to se e yor goodies mary jo!!

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LInda we alwaya had roller skates shoe ones though as we asked for them one year cos we went to the roller rink every weekend in the winter and had to have professional looking skates or rent them each time. lol our argument as i recall was. Buy mom then we wont have to rent them every time!! It was like 50 cents LOL It worked we not only got the skates but the pompoms to attach to the laces lol. STylin' I tell ya!

Good to see you back sandra and hope things have slowed down a bit for you!

I dont know what happened to yarnmonkey either has anyone heard from her lately? in dec i willhopefully have a or my desktop up again and plan on updating the list for the new year I ill put you on at tha t time ok lea. Maybe you will collecting by then too! ok who remembers styrup pants!! I think now how hidious lol but i had some!

AH Styrup pants.  Now I remember them and stretch pants and bell bottoms.  Does anyone remember pick-up sticks and buttons on a string.

The outfits are done and I hope to get pictures as soon as the sun comes out.  There is a total of 3 that will be leaving here.  Not the dolls, just the outfits.

Yeah we all got lucky, as the storm shifted a little to the west, so we missed the brunt of it.  They closed 2 bridges out of the county, but if you table far enough up, into the next county, you do not need a bridge.

No they didn't know what kind of spider it was. It wasn't a recluse brown spider. The DR. said, It would have been worse if it was one of those spiders or a black widow. It must have been just a house spider. But I am just about over it. If I misspell words with the same letters in them. I am sorry. It is my computer. The keys are not working properly. I press the key. It want let the same letter type twice. And I don't notice sometime the word is misspelled. Sorry everyone. I wanted to tel everyone hello, and have a good day :waving Love ya'll

Yes i remember pick up sticks and my brother had an erector set and lincoln logs and tinker toys that we played with when he was not home lol. My favorite thing though were a box of hand cut and sanded about 5 by 1 inch parkay flooring blocks. My dad had laid a parkay floor original oak and there was a box left over. One ti e we little sis and i found them under the stair cipboard and claimed them!Those and the little match box cars and trucks would keep us buzy for hous building towns ans roads etc. My daughter played with them when she was small too i still have them somewhere!

And i cant remember what they were called but you could melt this substance down with molds somehow and make creepy crawlers out of it that might be the name Creepy Crawlers lol

Oh and that one where you built cooty bugs lol

Im amazed at all the answers we all gave here. Feel free to add more if later you think of any ok.

Good to hear snowbear. Glad you are back with us. We were discussing some old and loved toys from the past. got any..??

Got any to add to the getting ptetty varried already?

Your little mermaid is looking for some water!! She is readyI. She turned out. Very well. Indeed!! Is she a gift or are you keeping her what did you name her..?

Good  Afternoon,

snowbear glad you are feeling better,your mermaid is delightful

the cable snapped on his passenger side window,so into the shop Thursday,sheesh had plans this week and now its all re-arranged for me,thanks Dodge Dakota,this is like the third time this has happened.

My skates were the ones you wore over your shoes and I just skated in our drive way or basement.  I have never been to a roller rink. I loved The Little House on The Prairie books.  When we went to my grandma's we had my dad's Uncle Wiggly, Chinese checkers, blocks and wooden spools in the toy box there to play with.  

katy the tissue boxes are cute.  I did a couple a long time ago and never took photos.  

Thanks Bgs i think it was snowbear that was thinking about making some so when i found the pic i said i would post it. Most of those shown have been long gone to brunch bunch friends and a few giveaway s.on the ville. I kept the yellow one as it matches with my

Blue and yellow craft room. Lol. Wish i could of seen yours!!

Katie I think I have a beautiful blue box that you made.  It sits next to me at my crocheting chair.

Snowbear glad to hear you are feeling better.  Love the mermaid.

When I went to my Grandmother's (Dad's side) I had a coffee can full of cloths pins with animal heads on them.  That is what I played with all day till Mom picked me up after work.

How about cap guns and sticks you put a cap on the bottom and then banged it on the ground.

Ha yep i remember cap guns and when brother wasnt around we would take the roll outside with mom's hammer and pop the whloe roll betwen us!!

Yea you do have one wow forgot about that. Well my pincushions sits beside me too in the craft room.

post-40621-0-86262100-1465347545_thumb.jpeg

Katie I think I have a beautiful blue box that you made.  It sits next to me at my crocheting chair.

Snowbear glad to hear you are feeling better.  Love the mermaid.

When I went to my Grandmother's (Dad's side) I had a coffee can full of cloths pins with animal heads on them.  That is what I played with all day till Mom picked me up after work.

How about cap guns and sticks you put a cap on the bottom and then banged it on the ground.

how could I have forgotten cap guns,see, those were innocent times,along with cowboys and indians

Love the mermaid snowbear! Glad you are safe MJ....

Had a busy day at he shop today  and then dinner with friends tonight... I was feeling so out of sorts I decided to crochet an afghan for a friend who has been in the hospital.. Now I am hooking a bit before hittign the hay... I am working again tomorrow...

Good Morning Everyone.

The sun is shinning, but there are clouds in the distance.  Chance of rain, but not much of one.

Just wanted to touch base this morning and wish every a Happy Day.

Good Morning,have been up since 6:15,its sunny cooler temps,almost time to head out into the yard and finish up the planting

tomatoes have a few flowers,have a great one everybody

Here is a picture of the doll outfits I have been working one.  The sun finally peaked out yesterday for a couple of minutes and I was able to get a picture.

post-105-0-32308500-1465392173_thumb.jpg

Tampa Doll do you make the doll outfits for someone or just for yourself? They are beautiful.

Right now I am making jellyfishes. I have a lady who owns a craft store and she wants me to put some things in it.

So I took down a bunch of stuff I have made and we will see. She wanted something to hang from the ceiling and it seems the jellyfishes are in so I am making a few of them.

Well i thought ??! Every one decided to either sleep in today or had plans to get up and get out and get their day on early huh!

Got a few things to do today but then the rest of the day looks pretty uneventfull.

Well i checked on the first post and we have no birthday girl till Sept and that will be for Jessicali and not even sure she is still with us so check or pm first is the rule then and as always mail at you own risk. I have been burned quite a few times on mailing without confirmation in some way of adresses so until if or when i can get her updated you will need to confirm.

other than that??? No news is good news i guess!!

Well with breakfast out of the way time to get something done. To those of you in flooding or flooded areas i hope you did t get too damaged and are on the road to restoring your damages. Take care till later i will be back later Ciao for niaio. lol

Hope your day is just peachy and full of sunshine!!

Right now I am making the outfits for Bailey4.  Every year she collects outfits, shoes, socks or stocking for 18" doll, and baby dolls.  She also accepts baby dolls for her charity.  All new.

So for the last 2 years, I have made outfits and added a baby doll.  You all have put up with me talking about the doll outfits, so I thought you might like to see the finished project.

I am hiding in the house from the JELLO air.  I went out for the paper and it was like walking into JELLO.  So inside I will stay with the air and leave the humidity outside.

Well what adorable girls. Course my fav is Lady Blue!! Totaly a bang up job on all of them!!

Mini i do you have a craft shop or some other skind of shop? PIneknot you as lways up early. How did Rene's proceedure go??

SAndra show us please your jelly fish pwetty

Pwease!i think my tied for second,and second, mary jo is the peach and the red!! Lol that peach color was always my moms fav. color!. She alwasy loved " salmon color! ". As she called it. I always plant a few salmom colored impatients in my flower beds For her.

LInda i swear if I i were a plant or flower. of any kind i would want to belong in your yard!!If i were a Bonsai tree i would want to be at Brenda's! Lol I figure i would live long and prosper in you and Bgs expert and caring hands.

Well my eyes hurt now from this little screen gosh i miss my big widescreen monitor. Lol. Ok latr then.

Archived