Granny Squares for those that need them cal 2018

Katy I always liked that song.

Lea thank you and your son for his service. I am sorry for the sacrifice your family has made. Its a debt I cant repay. That is pretty neat that you and Sandra meet up once in a while. And such a cute photo. Guess momma's not looking for it? And what happens when it grows up?

I got a surprise package birthday today, Cant believe the po delivers packages on a holiday. A big thank you Mary Jo for the bonsai tree necklace. Its so cool.attachicon.gif20160530_135240.jpg

He just kept it until animal control could find placement.. Can you imagine keeping a bear???? Although Gentle Ben did use to be one of my favorite shows!

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well well. So sorry for your son lea do thank him for his service for us all which is hardly rhanks enough.

Well the rain held off all day. And we just got a gully washer and got drenched. I knew it would not be able to hold o.ff a whole memorial

day as it never has in the past. But at least it did wait till now.

I would have put that baby bear back where i found it but that would be too dangerous too.

I hpoe mama isnt looking for him that is sad. I think id have left him where he was unless of course if he were in immediate danger and let mama come find him while I beat feet for home!! And then would've called animal. Control. But thats just me you know.

How. COol Bgs and where do you suppose tampa found that?? How thoughtful of tampa!

Rain stopped for now more later tonight. I just know our tomatos are 2foot tall already LOL

Did you all hear about that small child that fell nto the gorilla enclosure?? One channel Reported he was 4 the other channel said 3. Either way you know. Hey mom where were you?? They had to shoot the animal as it was not for sure if the child would be safe in the time to tranquilize it Too bad but no contest in my mind they did do the right thing. A child over an ape even though endangered species. Yeah od i would be for saving the child any day? I just think here ehen that gorilla at our zoo s lammed i nto the double plated glass after a little girl and. Cracked the glas!! That poor. Child will be probably be traumatized for years.

Wild animals are still wild no matter what they know no better but to be what they are!

And those 4 dead in Houston? Sheesh! And Chicago man what is all that about!!

Oh my well thats it for me for now you all have a pleasent evening.

I found the charm at my favorite place in the world to shop.  AMAZON!!!!  I was looking for something special and unique for Brenda's Birthday.

Lea, with time and patience you may see some of him back.  It is hard for them and of course we keep him in our hearts.

Ok now, little bear is cute.  Mama is not.  Luckly Mama did not see him, could be Mama was hurt and could not get back.  He is to small to be left alone.

Down for the night.  Have a great night.  Oh and thank you about the tote.  I am not a lime or lemon person, but it works.

It looks so "Summery" in those colors yummy good!!

Nothing is on the tube tonight but a lot of war movies of which i have seen at one time or another so am looking fo something to do for

A while.

Maybe i will cruise and surf for a bit i dunno.I hope your weekend went well and will maybe be back laer on. Till the Have a wonderful evening!!

This was in Jan when he found him, there were two...out in the open in the snow...Wildlife had reports of a bear being hit by a car so they assumed they were abandoned... they were just laying in a field and couldn't have been more then a couple days old. There was a whole group of officers looking for a lost girl when they stumbled across them.. Josh is just the one that volunteered to keep them until the wildlife rehab could come get them...So, the little girl was found... the bears were found..and his two dogs were a bit glad that crying black furry thing was gone LOL.

Hi all! Quick check in before I go play in my yarn until I fall asleep :lol

I hope everyone had a great Memorial Day!

Lea, please thank your son from my family and myself! Soldiers are the real heroes.

As always, I hope everyone is well or quickly mending :hug night all!

OMG I love the little bear. Sorry katy I would of saved it and took care of it for as long as I could of. Is that a Rottweiler behind him? Your son I cute! Is he married. I have 3 daughters to marry off. LOL

Awe that really has to be hard on son with loosing that many buddies and even if it was one. war is a very sad thing and I am so grateful for all the women and men in the military. My husband served his term in the Navy. They all hold a special part in my heart. I hope he recovers as much as he can.

Yes, heard about the child and them shooting the gorilla. Very ad over all.

It was hard to watch the gorilla drag the child around in the news clip they showed here. I wondered how he got in. Guess he was climbing on the fence or wall as kids are prone to do lost his balance and fell in.

Mary Jo I have been using the lime green and neon orange a lot lately in making hotpads for my niece as she loves those colors. Even though they are not my favorite colors I am sort of developing a fondness for them as they are bright and cheery.

Sandra my husband was in the Navy too. It was many years before we met. He was on an aircraft carrier, the USS Forrestal.

Good Morning

there was early morning fog,now a misty rain

need to make a Walmart run for a birthday gift for son in law's,his birthday is tomorrow.

Have a good day everyone

I have a hard time period when the girls are out of school. All the days run together for me and I literally have to keep an eye on the calendar. I can not believe May is gone now. Wow these months go by so fast.

My hubby was stationed out of New York on the USS Boulder.

the holiday has me messed up too,hubby says tomorrow is shopping day,and I looked at him like what? its only Monday,um no its Tuesday,so have to get the list in order

I am happy the little bear was saved. Sorry to hear the mama was killed. They both will probably spend their lives i. A preserve hopefully thanks to you rson. AIr craft carrier South Pacific. Navy here as well. USS MCcardle.

YEp i lost the same day you all have what is that a coincidence??

HI Kaitie how are you and family doing?

sunshiney out for now dont know about later Though

Agot a sort of panicky calll at 9 this am. neighbors cat got out the door. She was a nervous wreak. DIsney has never been outside!!

Neighbor posse forming up quickly. Under decks and porches and cars in drives sheds and bushes were mapped out. People went in all directions! HAndyman and another neighbor volunteered for the little tributary we here all call the creek. that catches run off from the lake. Disney here Disney !! Rang out throughout the area!! And was heard around the entire neighborhood. All areas were gridded and mapped and special treats stuffed in jean pockets hoping to bribe the little cat. After about a half hour the neighbor cheking her home area made numerous cell calls as when she was returung home there was Disney sittin on her porch at the back door. EVeryone sighed with relief and the search party went home fo a hearty breakfast !! to recoop energy spent. CRisis averted. ,. mission successful!

That is the news so far for today. Stayed tuned at 5 for any updates Last i heard Disney was curled up on the couch recooping too. His tummy no doubt full of treats just sleeping it off wondering what all the hub bub was all about. Whew.

Hello everyone.

I made it home about 8 pm yesterday from visiting my daughters and their families. My tire pressure light came on part way home but the tires looked ok, my dad checked them when I got home but didn't find any nails or anything in them. So this afternoon I stopped and put air in the tires and the light went off. I was planning to stop at Walmart for a few things but by the time I finished with the tires I was wet from the light rain we were having and had dirt all over my shirt so I came home. I didn't sleep well last night and have been tired all day so it may be good that I didn't go shopping today. Only 7 more days til summer break, I'm just a little excited  :yay  :cheer  :clap . Ok, enough rambling, I think I'll go have some BBQ leftovers for dinner and probably fall asleep on the sofa. Have a great evening.

Tuff Tuesday for all huh!! CArol 7 more days till you free!!

Then you will spend your days lying arond in you pjs or out at the pool with a drink with an umbrella in i it and a long straw

listening to the birds si nging! So hold on!

CAuse that is how I see Florida in the smmer cause i bet they sure feel good i. The summer!!

MY icon is me experimenting with colors in a crayola lway haha. I found a page of this book that looks like a great combination for a baby round ripple ill try to show you now. There it is!!

,post-40621-0-42004900-1464734924_thumb.jpeg

Linda thank you for the birthday card. I really enjoyed your letter.

Wow,that really got there speedy,and here I was sweating that it wouldn't get there on time,I had it in

plenty of time,but everytime I tried to get it in our mailbox,he had already dropped that days mail off.

update on note,lol,I did rescue some plants at Walmart today,two were called crossandra,I think its other name is firecracker plant

said it was quite hardy in humidity,so it should feel right at home in this yard,the other was some pretty zinnia's in three colors red,orange and yellow,and two cherry tomato plants

Hi everyone! Boy, there is a lot of catching up for me to read.

I am glad you are feeling better, Snowbear. I hope you are also doing better, Tribble.

I am so sorry about your son being wounded and the loss of his friends- Minwifeof4boys.

It has gotten so muggy and I have been so drained lately. I have been crocheting Amis but not been working consistently on the blanket which is really a shame. It is just too darn hot!

We had lots of ceremonies and activities going on over the weekend to honor our soldiers and Vets. One older Vet was handing out poppies to everyone at the town party and we got to see John Forgerty and Daryl Hall and John Oates perform. It was John Fogerty's Birthday so everyone sang Happy B day. He turned 71 and is still energetic and amazing. It was really a lot of fun.

I don't have a good color sense,but I enjoy coloring,some are so involved,I'll look up and three or four hrs have just slipped away

I can still remember that as a kid,I liked yellow and purple together,funny Rene' thinks those colors together are ewwwwwwwwwwwwww,lol,I tend to rub it in when the pansies are out,the colors most businesses choose are the combo yellow and purple

Archived