Granny Squares for those that need them cal 2018

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bailey4 (Chris) is a person here on Crochetville. 

Every year she dresses dolls, sends them to a school that hands them out to who does not get one. 

Last year myself and Darsky send her cloths.  The kids got a kick out of getting stuff to hand out from no only Flroida, but Canada also. 

When I can I try to help her, Peggy85225 and Badrhinogullette.

Peggy is little stuffies kids can hold while getting Chemo.

Badrhinogullette gives afghans, hats and booties to NICU in CA.

Hey all! I would say good morning, but it's definetly afternoon, so, good afternoon all! :lol

I hope everyone is having a great day. I'm waiting for my friend to drop her son off for the afternoon. Love babysitting the little guy. Get my baby fix that way :D other than that, I think I'm going to play in my yarn and take the kids to the park this evening when it cools off some. I've been doing that a lot lately, let them run and usually they sleep better. Usually.

See you all later! :ghug

Mary Jo such cute doll outfits. Chris is really going to appreciate them. I love looking at darski's creations. I remember the reason I joined the 'ville was to comment on some of her doll clothes. Unfortunately I no longer have anyone to make doll clothes for and no dolls make sure clothes fit right.

I do have 3 nicu blankets for Badrhinogullete. Hoping to get a couple more done.

Mary Jo such cute doll outfits. Chris is really going to appreciate them. I love looking at darski's creations. I remember the reason I joined the 'ville was to comment on some of her doll clothes. Unfortunately I no longer have anyone to make doll clothes for and no dolls make sure clothes fit right.

I do have 3 nicu blankets for Badrhinogullete. Hoping to get a couple more done.

Brenda have you heard from Badrhinogullette?  I am going to e-mail her, since she has not been here since January.

Ok.  I was told you can get the Back to Kansas here from the Designer.  The only problem is you can not get the thread she used.  It is by America's Best which was the old Peaches and Cream.

No, Katie I haven't name the mermaid. I am sending the mermaid to my Grand Daughter for Christmas. Her brother. Well, I am making a dragon for him.  I will show you all that when I get it made. OK. I found the mermaid pattern Little 'Uns' Mermaid. I change her hair and eyes, mouth and nose. I remember the game Twister. Did you all play that one. Me and my family did. I like the kleenex boxes. Do you have a pattern?  And the crochet piece you made under the jar of rocks. Do you collect rocks? I like too. Real unusual rocks. Or just real pretty rocks. I don't have many. Just a small collections. My kids when they were young started to collect them. I kept them. And now. I guess I do. Hope that isn't a bad hobby. Is it. Well anyway you all have a wonderful day. Your friend Arlene :hug

Well well, today i heard from the place i emailed about my sliding closet door parts and guess what?. They have them!!!!! My lucky day we were prepared to replace it all with wood hollow core doors and had looked at them but these doors match my bedroom in that they are wallpapered with same as my accent wall in the bedroom and i liked that. But we were sure we were never going to find the correct slides as thy can only mount ONE way lol

But got word today said send me four if sold separatly or two sets of two asap!! I forgot to ask how much but im sure they cant be much more than some others we looked at that were anywhere from a couple bucks apeice to 6 or so apiece. Either way we stll need them and

Told them asap!! I sent my adress and phone number in case they need me to pay for them Before shipping but he did not say anything about tha part so if he does call me and i can paypal or send a chexk lol my parts hoorayy. My one sliding door is just propped up as we had to take the part off to pic it for them. All i had on t he part was a pattent number and Acme. And the pix of course so he tracked it down!!

NOW i know why Wiley Coyote always depended on Acme for all his anvil needs!!! ( oh man couldnt pass it up LOL)

I think handyman could be heard through my exclamations of YAY litterally clapping and jumping up and down. Or wait was that me too???LOL. anyway finally. We can get that up and working,again!! Sheesh doesn,t take much to keep us happy huh.just goes to show never give up till ALL avenues are explored right!

SNowbear.

Oh that is the beginning of my baby round ripple baby ghan. And these rocks were left over from my fake fish bowl i have in the one bathroom. Its all about fish In that bathroom!! Lol and yes i remember playin Twister. I even made a twister ghan once. Ill look up that pic for you too.

There is really not much to making the kleenex cover i have a template here already cut to go but ill see what i cn do ok!!

Some of THE rocks in there were my daughters as well . She likes pretty ones Too. . Once tried to load up her little pony suitcase with flippin Boulders from the Utah mountains but we had to Not take them on the plane. Tooo heavy. Lol. We left them in good hands though. SHe called them her rocks from heaven as we were so far up it was i thought just foggy but was then told no its clouds! So she always called the big ones her heaven rocks LOL.

That would be the time too that our brakes on th rv got very very hot on the way down and we had to puull over. With nothing to use to cool them down we would have to sit it off till they cooled off but then dear child she was brought from the way back of the rv. A handfull of snow from the mountain. Needless to say we put snow on the smoking parts and that cooled them enough to get us down the mountain safely!! She gave up her "Heaven snow for a greater cause!!!

Hi katiebug. Well thats a good way to get your baby fix LOL i must say. Hope you,re recovering from that tonsil thing lol

Bgs. I didnt do doll clothes other than baby hats for the March of Dimes and Red Cross a couple times.

and oh yes. Baby sweater and fancy littlt matching ruffled baby diaper cover.

I sold a lot of those but the pink one.,That was for daughter. She wore at a few weeks to a few months old. Yes i have a pic. I will try to find it lol. I have one of her wearing it. Somewhere lol

I think i made some in mint, yellow, blue , pink , oh and varg lullabye. I sold all of them cept the pink one for like i dunno 20 Bucks each i guess.

These days i would charge a lot more lol IF i did anymore LOL no pattern just winged it

Came with a bonnet and booties too. Ya had to buy your own little white tighs though !!! LOL.

Well im gettin roots here to this chair so all for now. Tata. Later!

Mary Jo I havent tried to contact badrhinogullette yet. I have some more yarn to work up.

katy I am glad you are able to get the parts you need for the door. I never made baby things either except afghans. Your baby sets sound cute. I would have to have a pattern to at least start with.

Hello everyone.

Snowbear, I'm glad you're feeling better and your mermaid is adorable.

Tampa Doll, your dolls are beautiful.

We are down to one day and it's an early release day! I have to work Friday but that's just to finish packing up the room. I'm hoping the air conditioning in my classroom will be working again tomorrow, this will be the 5th or 6th time the district maintenance people will have been out in 5 weeks, you would think they would have gotten it right by now  :thair . I worked in my classroom for about an hour this afternoon packing and I think the heat wore me out. My daughter and I went to see Alice Through The Looking Glass yesterday and really enjoyed it, we took the baby and she slept through most of it, she was very good. I guess that's bout it for me, have a great night.

Holy heck. I am gone for a couple of days and this place explodes - lol! Guess I shouldn't forget that I need to check my favorite forum daily.

Thanks Tampa, Little Tribble is very happy to be back in his room. Yes, Katy, Little Tribble is very happy to be back in his room. He wants his walls gold. We told him we could do the botton part of them gold but the top part and the ceiling is going to be a different color. Right now that color we are considering is red. Has anyone every priced gold wall paint? WOW - it is pricy. Right now unsure when we will be able to get started on it as finances are going to be tight for a bit yet. But I hope to have it painted in the next couple of months.

pineknott, back injection does not sound like fun! Mr tribble goes for an ablations on his back. They put a needle in the spine and pass electricity through it to kill the nerves. It works for a little while, then the nerves start growing back.

Katy, that round ripple is looking so pretty! I've never made one of those, but they are so pretty. We've had a couple of days where we have had no rain. However with my work schedule this week, I haven't been able to do anything that needs done. Hope we have no rain this weekend so I can mow and clean the dog run out!

I loved toys growing up, still love them and have some of my childhood toys. I had Cabbage Patch Kids (still have a couple), Barbie Dolls (still have a couple), Pound Puppies (still have a couple), Furrever Friends (yep, still have a couple), Matchbox cars (have some but Little Tribble has a LOT), My Pet Monster (I have one from the 80s and a newer one, and one of the cousins), Boglins (my boglin is missing his eyes, have yet to figure out how to give him some new ones), My little Ponies (yep, still have them), Lady Lovely Locks (I have a few of the pixietails and comb gnomes), She-Ra, He-Man (I have a couple battle cats from this line),

I too loved the Boxcar Children books. We didn't have a TV when I was a child so I read everything I could get my hands on. A Wrinkle in Time was a good book. I also loved The Chrestomancy books by Dianna Wynne Jones, Tuck Everlasting, Bridge to Terabithia, Where the Red Fern Grows, Summer of the Monkeys, Any Bruce Coville book especially the Alien ones and Jeremy Thatcher Dragon Hatcher and Goblins in the Castle. Any R.L. Stine book and any Goosebump book. I was especially interested in the choose your own adventure books. I had every Nancy Drew book available and I also enjoyed the Hardy Boys but the super mysteries with both Nancy Drew and the Hardy boys were my favorite. I had every Sweet Dream Romance book I could get my hands on. The black stallion series is one of my treasures. I also enjoyed the Sweet Valley High books. Gosh, those were the days. I miss them! I also love the Mandie books by Lois Gladys Leppard. I also love Little House on the Prairie books. Books are the best thing EVER! Very nostalgic now. ;)

Mary Jo, I remember styrup pants but didn't have any.

Here is a picture of the mermaid I made.  

That is adorable snowbear! I can't wait to see the dragon you are going to make!!

how could I have forgotten cap guns,see, those were innocent times,along with cowboys and indians

Little tribble had a gun that used caps, he loved it while it lasted. He is terribly rough on his toys.

Here is a picture of the doll outfits I have been working one.  The sun finally peaked out yesterday for a couple of minutes and I was able to get a picture.

attachicon.gifcharity donations002 (2).JPG

Those are beautuiful!!!

I love him. I have a pattern for that exact jelly. The jellies I've made look a little different. I want to make a purple one and put it in a grape jelly jar. One of my friends kids when he was little thought jelly was made from jellyfish.

Good Morning.  Just got back from the blood place.  Time for my 3 month blood draw.

Love the Jellyfish.  That is just adorable.

Another day of hiding in the house from the heat and humidity.

I think I have a rabbit who has burrowed under my holly tree and is making a nest.  We shall see if little ones come out later.

Wow hi all!! CArol the dy has finally come!! One more wake up and you are done for the year congratz youre almost there!!!

Bgs i heard from bad rhino and she is now only accepting dolls and doll clothes. I too wanted to send her some ghans when i have an overage lol but no problem as there are other places and people that want them so just thought i would pass that on.

Linda , what is your favoite thing at Mickey Ds for breakfast?? Mine is was and will be the egg Mmcmuffin!! WE e even hav e an original mcMuffin form for the egg ( they call the eggers!) so we make them at home a lot too!! a friend we knew said they were gettin new teflon ones several yearsago and getting rid of the old ones so YEAH When he asked if we wanted a couple handyman jumped on the offer. I think we have two!! They make the egg perfectly round so they fit perfectly on the muffin!! I have a non teflon type pan and use them in there.

SAndra another adorable creation!! The jelly fish is so dang cute.

TAmpa i dont blame you for staying in. Our heat index here today threatens to be 105. Eeks.

Last evening we put out some celery and a couple carrot pieces for our two little baby rabbits and mom. This am handy man said they had been quite niely gnawed and devoured!! WE never encouraged rabbits in the yard as i was always terrified the doggie would catch them she always gave them a head start so they could slip throgh the chain kink fence but i feared one day one wouldnt make it in time. Now that it is safer for them i do nt mi nd them in the back yard but there are stray cat sometimes prowling the area so i think their nest is under the wood shed. Good and safe!!

Daphne, too cute you mean jelly fish are not made from jelly. DAng another myth busted!!

DAughter didnt eat jello for a while she thougt they were called jello fish!!! Kidz huh. LOL

Snowbear. you could alwyas get a Cube box of kleenex and cut your template according to its measurements while i try to figure out where my templates might be lol JUst remember to alwaya cut a bi t bigger so when you get the stitching on the pieces you will have room to slide it over. Not too snug. I made mine in four pieces plus the top then seamed them. The really only part that is a bit tedios is the hole in the top. I just measured carefully and it was,the last to get seamed on. So. Four sides one top with hole in the center for the kleenex to come out!! You can make up whatever pattern you like most of the time i just winged as i went along!! Will be curious to see one if you make one!!

You can put ribbons or a flower on them or buttons or trim, let your imagination guide your way!!

Well time to move about and get something done. All for now ladies!!

Katy,

mine is the sausage bisquit,after a shell in egg once,never ever eat eggs out anymore

here breakfast all day does not apply,since I was told at 11 am,sausage bisquits are not on the all day menu

Katy are you sure you dont have her confused with someone else as badrhinogillett posted this morning in her nicu thread that she will be getting afghans done for the hospital and wanted to let us all know how glad she is for our help. I posted that I had 3 little afghans ready if she pm'd me her address which she immediately did.

Archived