Granny Squares for those that need them cal 2018

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The plumber has left and the rain has started. 

I have to call Delta, as the leak turned out to the hose that lets you take the faucet off and use it and move it around.  It should be free, as Delta is covered for life.

So I am back in business, but I have put a bucket under there just in case.

Yeah shock, but not to bad.

Poor Wyatt, he will enjoy parties as he gets older.

The rain has started and it is suppose to be around for about 2 to 3 days. Torrential rain and flooding in some parts.  I think this is the same storm that hit Texas with all that rain.

Oh yeah handyman did that for an elderly woman on her faucet so it will be free but they sent

her the wrong thing three different times before they finally sent the right one and he got it repaired for her. SHeesh huh!

Well got the bedrrom all spic and span ceiling fan and everything dusted. And then vacuumed everything it reached lol. Waiting on the comfoter to dry but that is all that is left to do in there i guess

Hoping to hear from that closet door bracket maybe tomorrow. I hope theyhave then or can reccomend an adaptable one. It can only mount one way which is what is slowing us down.

OH and this is a first. I even was able to add pix of it fromt and back in my yahoo email! That took a bitof figuring out. BUt i did and know how now. I think!!hahah.

I am really glad to have the i pad but i promise you I am not an apple fan. Give me windows anyday!!

washing and ironing done for the week,right now the sky looks iffy,downpours later on today,so darn humid out there today.

tater tot casserole for dinner,putting it together shortly.

you know how some people find it relaxing to listen to water sounds,whether babbling brook or rain,I am not one of them

from an overflowing sink on the second floor in Sicily,public works turned off the water on us,I was thinking I had turned off the faucet,nope when they turned on the water,it was cascading down the stairs.

the other time was in Maryland in an apt.thank goodness we were on the first floor.we had a combo washer/dryer in one complete unit,I was always leery of that thing.we went away for the weekend to NY and came back Sunday night to a flooded apt,because vibration or something started the washer and it stuck,just spewing water

Oh my Linda that is quite somerhing! Our neighbors always turn off the house main line when leaving on vacation just for those

Reasons i dont blame them for doin it lol

COurse around here.You cant do that in the cold months!!

Ill be glad to call it a day today as i got a lot done. I started a round ripple i will find someone to give it too.

Working on my scrap balls on grannys too so keeping busy i guess. Your puffy went out yesterday Brenda. So coming to you soon

ILl have to check the first post for sure but i think we are done till like Sept?? Bummer!! Mini is not cllecting squares so the next i think is Sept

Well check back here later on. Tata for now!

post-40621-0-40519100-1465166645_thumb.jpeg

Katy my birthday was Fri the 3rd. I didnt sleep at all Thurs night and Fri morning 6am sis and niece picked us up and we headed down to Branson. It rained on us off and on all day. We stopped at krispy kreme as my sis said they were giving away free donuts for my birthday (it was really national donut day) First shopping stop Cedar Creek Dulcimers where my dad got the kits for the dulcimers he made. I got one of them and wanted to get some instructional and music books. It was a neat shop as they had all kinds of beautiful instruments. Then we stopped at a little mall with lots of interesting shops---wood carving, Christmas, leather, Thomas Kincaide, and a shop that sells all kinds of packages to make dips and they have several made to sample. Spent the evening at the Dixie Stampede for dinner and the show. The dinner was good and I loved the show. Its a musical that takes place in an arena with performances mostly on horseback but there were also buffalo, long horns, chickens and pigs. There were horse riding stunts and comedy reminiscent of what you see at a rodeo. One of the neatest parts in the story of settlers westward journey was the segment about Native American legends. Dressage on the horses and performers costumes fluoresced. 4 drummers descended from the ceiling and remained suspended in the air as one performer outfitted as a thunderbird attached by a wire flitted and flew around the arena. and at times and at times rode with a brave on a horse. It was so beautiful to watch. The final number was patriotic and done on horseback with the riders carrying flags----I always loved seeing the flag going around the arena at rodeos carried by riders on horseback. When we got to our room I crashed. Got up next morning at 4. It was pouring down rain. For those of you not familiar with the area its in the Ozarks which is a very old mountain range so the mountains have wore down a lot.

People there will often give you two distances when telling you how far away something is---as the crow flies and then the actual mileage it takes for you to get there. Our room was on the third floor but it was at ground level with where we parked. Sat morning we rode the Duck boats

That was a lot of fun. They drive you around and tell you a lot about the area (lakes,damns, parks) and other attractions). They also had a place with lots of old military vehicles and explained about them and had a special tribute to remember veterans. The duck boats were originally military vehicles. Then it was time to run it down the mountain into Table Rock lake. It was a lot of fun and very entertaining. There were a lot of corny jokes and when the captain wasnt speaking they played music. Picture this a duck boat full of people (sitting down) doing the motions to YMCA, blowing on their quacker whistles to the Chicken Dance or singing along to On The Road Again and the theme song for The Beverly Hillbillies. Then we did some more shopping and headed for home. I am exhausted. Generally my birthdays have always been pretty low key we go out to eat and often not on my birthday. I am still tired.

Good Morning,been up since 5:15,Rene' had to eat before 6 am,she goes for a back injection around noon.

we had two rounds of storms last evening,so everything got a good soaking

have a great day everyone

Wow Brenda sounds like you had a really fun birthday.  I have seen those Duck boats around here also.

Hang in there Linda, more storms on the way. 

Trying to get all things done on the computer this morning, as we are expecting that tropical storm all day today.  The blunt of it will hit the pan handle and then up the coast.  We will have lots of rain and thunder storms and some flooding.  We are high enough that we will not flood, but closer to the Gulf will.

Have a fun day today everyone.

the real concern last night was the winds,with all the rain we had in May and into June,if the winds got real strong,it would be nothing but toppled trees,it was a little windy but passed quickly

Oh Brenda!! Sounds like you all had a wonderful time!! Those shows sound so spectacular i can almost picture them!!Im so glad you had a bang up ti e as this you said was a milestone birthday so this one you wont forget huh!!

More rain coming for you all south so batton down those hatches!

Those duck boats might come in handy for us all!!!

Well this am i got one or two rows on the round ripple. A deep ywllow gold and it looks good. Growing every day!post-40621-0-57493900-1465229270_thumb.jpg

So i. Onto my day and hope you all have a great one!!

Linda listening to water is not relaxing for us either. We have had our share of plumbing adventures. Then we attended a funeral once and they had a fountain in the sanctuary. It was hard to focus on the service while trying to suppress the urge to panic or worry about running water. Then once while staying in a hotel the water wouldnt shut all the way off after dh showered. They offered to let us move to another room but we were too tired to pack bak up and move. They fixed it the next day but even with the door shut I could hear it and was focused on it all night.

Sandra we put in shut offs but by the time we need to use them they dont work because of our hard water. We just went ahead and bought a curb key so you dont have to find the wrench or pliers and lay on the ground to shut it off at the meter. Then during one of great plumbing adventures we learned the water was not shutting off all the way at the meter---fun when you need everything good and dry to sweat copper pipes. They did replace it pretty quickly when we told them water was coming through and not registering in the meter.

Mary Jo hope the storm doesnt get too bad.

Katy I like the start of your round ripple. I keep thinking I should attempt one someday---at least a small one like for a nicu. A trip to your zoo for my birthday was in the running but I went with Branson and things we could do and still be fun if it rained. A year ago it rained all day here and we had flash flooding because we got 12 inches of rain.

Service was out this am for our heat pump. He needed to add water to the ground loop and refrigerant to the compressor which I can see it needing after 22 years.

Katy love the start of the afghan. 

Brenda, the storm moved a little further to the west and it is moving fast.  We are just getting rain, no wind.  Tonight will be the hardest for the cost.  They will get the surge and with high tides.  They are getting some flooding now over the sea walls.

They are fast to replace meters when you say it isn't registering.  Ours was replaced a little while ago, as they said they could not read it anymore.  It was getting scratched up.

Well off to do some work.

Well either way Brenda zoo or Branson least you had a spectacular day!! I at one time had a table top fountain. It bothered me as well and as pretty as it was with the lights changing colors of the water it too has found a more appreciated home lol. Went the way The way of the rain lamp! Remember those???

ANd those fancy ribbon candles!! Sure was a trend there for a while. Also smeone once gave me as a gift a candle that had money inside. You had to burn it to get to it and when i finally reached that point i took out the folded up bill ( From 1 to 100.00 dollars the label boasted) and slowly with much fan fair reead the bill. I think my voice even cracked when out of my mouth -------My voice squeaked out. A dollar!!!! Haha i still had fun with anticipation though!

! Pet rocks cabbage patch kids. which i never had. Rubics cube. Yoyos hula hoops slinkies etch a sketch spiro graphs wheelos Those last two i actually had lol. Where as most above i had access to as i had older sibs lol

The game simon says einstein mousetrap furbies,those pocket electronic pets were all in my daughters arsenal for sure then it was mario frogger and space invaders and sonic and asteroids!! that generation of kids toys came in and were fun for all ages I admit an addiction (albeit slight i assure you,,) to mario pacman

oh and Spyro, my fav!!

Have i forgotten any of YOUR personal. Favs? Ha ha tell us about it!

Katy your puffy arrived today. Thank you so much. A towel holder made from a granny square how neat and in my favorite color. I am mesmerized with the flower pot overflowing with all those pretty flowers and no weeding no watering.post-11309-0-14609000-1465245493_thumb.jpg

Well that was fast Brenda!! So glad you liked them. I put as much blue in the basket as i coul lol. Happy birthday month!

Oh and it is not for use lol just a wall hanging cos of the beads they might melt! Enjoy!!

Brenda love the package.  I love the basket also.

Let's see I gather you are looking for our 5 favorite toys.  Now remember I am 66, so a lot of our toys are not longer around.  Chinese jump ropes, slinky, jacks  ,Mr. Potato Head (with real potatoes) .  They are the only store bought toys I can remember.

We made ropes with a wooden sewing spool and 4 nails, that we put yarn around and made ropes that became rugs and stuff.

We were a neighborhood of mostly boys, so it was 1/2 ball or pimple ball.  That is a ball cut in half and hit with a bat.

I find rain soothing.  I do not like dripping water.

post-40621-0-38020600-1465253600_thumb.jpeg

This is a clock i made from my photobucket,, im sure so e of you have seen it but for those that haven'T enjoy.

Real clock. I always have time on my side!! LOL i think i will post one pic of what i have on my photobucket page each day perhaps as i M feeling the sparse-ness of eye candy lately!! Lol so tune in each day.

Mary jo i swear i never heard of hafl ball! My sister played jacks but they did not interest me so i never picked up on it. And wiffle ball i know is a balll with holes in it but what. Is it used used for? My up the street friends had a tether ball pole never really got the point of that either!! LOL

I have a friend who grew up in ny city and he says they used to play tag

on the rooftops!!

SHeesh!!

1/2 ball and whiffle ball is played like baseball.  You have the pitcher, all the bases and of course the catcher.  We lived in the city, so we played up the corner, where there were 4 corners, so one was home and the other 3 were the bases.  The only time we had to stop was when a car was coming or when the street lights came on.

Well, the reason I don't like to hear running water is cause I am 58 yo woman who has borne 4 large children... nuf said! :lol :lol :lol

All you FL folks batten down those hatches... Ole Colin is at it ...

Katy.. love the clock...

What am I forgetting... ahh yes... fav toys... my dolls, my bike, my easy bake oven ( old school type)... a footsie ( yello ring, green string, red bell on the end)

I was sort of a twisted kid looking back... I would sit for hours on a 3 legged stool in dress up clothes and a mop bonnet and pretend I was a pioneer.... or...I hid in my closet surviving with my dolls hiding from Nazi's ( can you say Diary of Anne Franke)....made a spot in the woods behind our house and salvaged things from the neighbors trash and reenacted the Boxcar Children....I think I went through a time of learning how to write Japanese and ate with chopstcks.... not sure how my parents survived me :lol :lol :lol

Hi all! So...I finally managed to get my 'ghan done today! :D I managed to get sick again the other day. Tonsil again (having horrible flashbacks of December), but I got smart this time and called my Dr before it got too bad. She called me in an antibiotic and its pretty much totally gone now! But so, yeah, it's finally done and here are the pix of it!

post-41261-0-41554700-1465264095_thumb.jpegpost-41261-0-16627200-1465264116_thumb.jpegpost-41261-0-74194800-1465264135_thumb.jpeg

Hope all are well or mending and able to enjoy the heat! :ghug

Good Soggy Morning

Colin is above us now and it is time to try and clean up.  Nothing major here, except our bamboo screen is broken, so that will have to come down.  Most of the cost in our area got no more than maybe a little extra flooding.

Another day of rain.

Love the afghan, the colors are pretty.

Finishing up the last doll dress, then making a pair of boots and soon I will show them all off.

Have a fun day today

Hello!

Katiebug, your afghan is beautiful.

Tampa Doll, I hope the weather hasn't been too bad. They've been predicting a lot of rain for south east Florida but so far we've only had a couple of showers in my area, the wind picked up for a couple hours yesterday afternoon but is back to normal now.

Not too much else going on here, just finishing up the school year this week.

Have a great day.

Archived