Granny Squares for those that need them cal 2018

So Mary Jo is it a top loading high efficiency washer? Maybe the guys will give you a minute or two to clean after they carry out the old ones. The guys wanted my broom to sweep the area where our old heatpump sat for 22 years so I swept it. Then I heard one say she's doing our job.

Another steamy one here today. Yesterday it was feels like 105. Might not be as bad today as it is raining right now. I am thankful for the ac.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi everyone. Sorry I've been mia so long. It's been a rough year so far. Dad had back surgery in Jan. 2 heart attacks at easter. they said 100% blocked in all 3 arteries and didn't give us much hope. They were with God's help able to stent 2 of them though with 7 stents. He needs the 3rd done but were wanting to wait until strength got back up but then his kidneys started messing up. Was up at 2 am yesterday to take him for kidney surgery (2 large stones) but they weren't able to get through to do anything so put in a stent and go back in 2 weeks and then maybe they can do the heart. That and my work has dropped really bad so behind on bills. I put in a bunch of applications last week but scares me as I haven't worked for someone else since 1998. 

I received a wonderful card from tampa doll and a beautiful square from bgs. Thank you both so much for thinking of me. It really brought a smile and was much appreciated. I've been crocheting a lot just not been on here. I guess a bit down from everything but will get through all this with God's help. I hope you all are doing well and enjoying life. Much love. 

Sopo when it rains it pours... I am so sorry for everything. Lots and Lots of prayers heading your way. Heavenly Father will get you through these rough times. That's what I keep telling myself.

Tampa Doll so happy you found a washer and dryer. I'm so excited for you.

snowbear love the mermaid, and hat set. Awesome job!!

I am headed to the doctors soon and then back home...

Welcome back SoPo.  Sorry about your problems and hope you Dad gets his strength back soon.

Glad I could put a smile on your face, even for a little while.

Brenda, the machine is top loader.  Never had a front loader and did not like the looks of it.  I did the best I can with cleaning.  Just found out that the washer has been leaking for quite a while.  So we will keep our fingers crossed they will get here early and I can relax the rest of the day.

Sopo I am so glad you checked in. I was worried you were in a "dark" place. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

Mary Jo can you reach the bottom of the tub to fish out clothes without using a stool? Some of those large tubs were awfully deep. I have to stretch a bit on mine to get that last sock.

Hi all!!

Welcome back Sopo's. I hav a square for you too I will send it now that we k ow you are still at same address!!best wishes for you dad!

You a d Sandra seem in a little better place. Soi hope it continues for all of us.

Darling mermaid and hat and blankets snow bear. Good to see you too!

Good on the washer dryer Tampa glad it's on it's way soon Mine Is a bit deep too And old but it is a bit hard getting out the last

Of the laundry.

crochet fan good thinking!! DEli today no cooking I like that.

I fear the worst too on Amy Bgs about her fil. I also trie d to contact Donna too though and no replies.

Tell granny square she isn't alone lol

Well I be back later ladies take care ok.

Hello Linda and

Good Morning!

Sopo, it's good to hear from you. I'm sorry to hear things have been so rough, you will be in my prayers.

I'm home again.  Our 4th of July celebration was very nice, I didn't spend much time outside though because of the heat and I didn't feel like getting in the pool. We were able to see the big firework display from my daughter's front yard and someone brought sparklers for the kids so everyone had fun. I'm feeling a little lazy this morning so I'm not sure what I will be doing today, maybe a little laundry and some crocheting.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Good Morning,  Now If I could find someone to move the washer and dryer, before they come with the new ones.  I have not cleaned under or behind the w/d since they were put in 25 years ago.

I have a grabber, long stick with pinchers on the end, to get the last of the laundry out.  It is a new one, so no problem there.  I am only 5'3", so even with a stool it is going to be difficult to get the wash in the back of the tub.

Everything is done and we are ready.  Every once in a while I hear we are #4.  That means there are 3 deliveries before ours.  You can track your stuff thru the Sears web site, so it is not a real surprise when they get here.

Ok enough of that.  I am sitting down and relaxing with a cup of coffee and patiently waiting.

Of course my luck the guys who cut my lawn and the Sears guys will turn up at the same time.

So for those of you who need a good laugh, think of hearing every once in a while Hey only #(number here) till they get to us. :rofl  Gotta love :manyheart  em.

Have a fun day.

Well Mary Jo your number should about be up. I am anxiously awaiting your report on if the new washer sounds really different from the old one or not. Mine did and I was glad the guy cycled it to show me before they left or else I would have thought there was something wrong with it. I thought the tubs on some of the new washers looked awfully deep and well without the agitators there is nothing to stop you from falling in when grabbing for clothes. I didnt go with one quite that deep so dh wouldnt have to come home and find me stuck head first in it with my feet up in the air.

Its storming here this morning. There has been damage from high winds in the area but nothing too bad here. Was going to run up town for a bit but decided to wait.

Good Afternoon everyone,how did I miss checking in this morning,I've been up since 5: 15,was out the door by 8 to beat the extreme heat,and for the last 3 days thas made a big difference,in less than a week I've seen two snakes across the patio,the first one about the size around of a fat pen,the second was bigger and either carrying babies or just ate something,yikes,they were both black

Good Afternoon everyone,how did I miss checking in this morning,I've been up since 5: 15,was out the door by 8 to beat the extreme heat,and for the last 3 days thas made a big difference,in less than a week I've seen two snakes across the patio,the first one about the size around of a fat pen,the second was bigger and either carrying babies or just ate something,yikes,they were both black

Most likely just ate something. Last fall I was regularly seeing a couple at our front step----one 5 or 6 feet long. We think it wintered in a drain for around the foundation. Saw it enough times in the spring that we were thinking it needed to go. Dh was trying to figure out how to catch and relocate it. (He hates to kill things. He was the fireman that pulled a poor black snake off the side of a burning building and let it go in a field) Havent seen it for sometime. Dont know if we are just not out when it is right now but I havent seen any of the skin sheds either. I am hoping the owl got it.

Well Mary Jo your number should about be up. I am anxiously awaiting your report on if the new washer sounds really different from the old one or not. Mine did and I was glad the guy cycled it to show me before they left or else I would have thought there was something wrong with it. I thought the tubs on some of the new washers looked awfully deep and well without the agitators there is nothing to stop you from falling in when grabbing for clothes. I didnt go with one quite that deep so dh wouldnt have to come home and find me stuck head first in it with my feet up in the air.

Its storming here this morning. There has been damage from high winds in the area but nothing too bad here. Was going to run up town for a bit but decided to wait.

Ok I am now laughing my a off, as I thought the same thing.  I can see me with my feet in the air trying to get the wash.

Well, it is here and it is so quite, I can not believe I am doing wash.  I use to have to turn up the TV in order to hear it, cause the washer and dryer were so loud.  Fascinating how it washes the cloths.  Yes, I did watch it, as the top lid is clear and I can see in the machine.  So far I am happy with it.

As for see how it worked, Tampa Guy downloaded the instruction manuals 2 days before I got it, so I could learn how to use it.  This is what happens when you live with a worry wart.

Pizza for dinner to tired to cook.  Looks like a storm is coming in.  Have to shut down.

Ok I am now laughing my a off, as I thought the same thing. I can see me with my feet in the air trying to get the wash.

Well, it is here and it is so quite, I can not believe I am doing wash. I use to have to turn up the TV in order to hear it, cause the washer and dryer were so loud. Fascinating how it washes the cloths. Yes, I did watch it, as the top lid is clear and I can see in the machine. So far I am happy with it.

As for see how it worked, Tampa Guy downloaded the instruction manuals 2 days before I got it, so I could learn how to use it. This is what happens when you live with a worry wart.

Pizza for dinner to tired to cook. Looks like a storm is coming in. Have to shut down.

I didnt get the plastic lid. My luck I would somehow drop something and break it. Well when you get bored with tv you can watch the wash. I guess over all mine is quieter but it pops when the lid locks and as it changes through the cycles and then unlocks. Then there are the periods it is quietly sitting there seemingly doing nothing. I guess its sitting there thinking about what to do next.

Well I didn't think I would have lived long enough to see "smart laundry " machines. Sheesh,, I. Sadly behind the new tech age. I had enough with the iPad!!! Lol

Snakes black or green or white hate them all. I would not kill one on purpose only because I would have to get very close to it to do it. Other than that. Just make it go away and I'm ok. We do not have snakes in our yard least I nor handy man has ever seen them. he says it's cause we put down the granular time released insecticide for bugs and that is what they feed on is the bugs. So hopefully that keeps keeping them away lol. Fingers crossed!

Storms in the area tonight too rained all night last night. Neighbor that mows for us hasn't had a day to mow all this week so probably not tomorrow either.

They better never move lol otherwise I'll have to find a new lawn ServiceLOL

Had hamburger steaks tonight with some leftover mashed potatoes and gravy and Some fresh corn on the cob. Was good

And this am we had a are you ready??? Crispie cream chocolate iced donut. With sprinkles lol for our breakfast! We do that once in a greet while and. There is no better donut in Omaha than Crispie Cream.

Well I used to be 5 foot 6 but sure I am shrinking a. It. Lol I have to get my big red Teflon Tongs out to reach anything on the top kitchen shelves. And solution I just don't put anything on the tops shelves that I use often. Lol grabbers sound wonderful should get me some of those.

I went through some of my Dover coloring books today. I have two more ordered but have lots of pages I. The old ones to keep me in colorful company lol

So gonna put a couple things away and relax for a bit. I'll be back later!!

Looking for a stool to put in front of the washer, so I can reach in.  I am also looking at something shorted than the grabber.

I heard no pop, other than when the lid locked.  I was surprised to hear the song when the wash was done.  So cool.  Ok if I ever get a smart phone and my washer is not working, I can get it diagnosed by using the smart phone.  What will they think of next? 

Ok enough, I hope to get back to my crocheting tomorrow.  I got the yarn today, Caron cuddly soft in Baby green I was looking for.  It was suppose to be here on July 1st, but they decided to not deliver it till today.  Gotta love the PO.

Have a great night everyone.

Hi there yes and thank you Brenda for the info. I just sent her the info she needs to put in the ticket and get me back. I. Excited

!!!

Maybe tomorrow I will be able to USE the desk top to Coe here huh. Check your bees email. Not sure I I remembered to put Crochetville I. The subject but it's me. Also pm d you.

Tribble79 what breed of dogs do you have?

Well I did it again . I'm not sore but went and got rocks for the fire pit and for someone special so no one mows over the part of the ground. Yesterday was very emotional and hope today is better. 1 year ago yesterday we lost a beloved fur baby and it's been extrememly difficult ... So hopefully it gets better.

Lets see... breed of dogs....

1. French Bulldog - age 10 - Pearl

2. Pug - age 8 - Dixie

3. Boxer/Pitt mix - age 6 - Lola

4. Doberman mix - age 4 - Sugar

5. Chihuahua - age 2 - Raven

6. Border Collie mix - age 1 - Falkor

7. Border Collie mix -age 1 - Freya (we call Freya and Falkor the twins - they and sweetheart are from the same litter)

8. Border Collie mix - age 1 - Sweetheart

It is always difficult to lose beloved animals as they are a part of the family. I lost my 18 year old Pomeranian just 2 1/2 years ago and I still miss her so much. She was my little doll. I wear a bottlecap charm I made with a picture of her in it every day. Every cream color Pomeranian I see I tell Mr Tribble - that looks just like Misty (we usually called her magoo)

The last three from the same litter, we rescued a dog last June and she turned out to be pregnant. When she had the litter before we found her previous owners we kept three of the puppies and found the other 7 puppies homes.

We adore dogs (animals in general) and if we had more room and more money we would have a hundred dogs and an animal rescue.

Owlvamp. I hope its over too and am glad you and your furbabies made it through. I am sorry for your loss and know it hurts. I started getting teary eyed yesterday and have been bawling all morning as its the anniversary on losing one of ours. Then in about a week it will be the anniversary on the loss of another one. Even though they have been gone for awhile it still hurts.

I'm sorry about your loss, they leave such a hole in your heart when they pass.

"Trib I. Not sure even the eight dogs could save you if there was a end of the world senario."

I don't expect them to save me... LOL, I want them not to be scared to follow us if there if we need to get out of dodge quickly. It would be very hard to try and round up scared puppies quickly, believe me I have thought about it. Even in the event of a tornado or such, we don't have an easy access basement. We have to go outside and around the house to access the basement and I always think (and have had nightmares) about trying to round up all the furbabies and get them to the basement to safety...

I guess I didn't mean end of the world as in the planet blows up but end of the world as humans would still be able to survive if able to get out of dodge quickly. :) Might sound silly but it is something that worries me if I sit and dwell on it. Especially with the way things have been in the government and even between individuals lately.

I wanted to share these photo of what I made recentlyattachicon.gifLil Mermaid.JPGattachicon.gifLil Baby Booties & Hat.JPG

Snowbear, those are so cute!!!

Well, you can all relax.  I found my washer and dryer.  I went with the LG 4.5 cubic washer and the matching dryer.  No agitator.  I ordered it yesterday and it will be here tomorrow between 8AM and 5PM. 

Glad you found the washer and dryer you wanted. Ours doesn't have an agitator either and we like it.

Hi everyone. Sorry I've been mia so long. It's been a rough year so far. Dad had back surgery in Jan. 2 heart attacks at easter. they said 100% blocked in all 3 arteries and didn't give us much hope. They were with God's help able to stent 2 of them though with 7 stents. He needs the 3rd done but were wanting to wait until strength got back up but then his kidneys started messing up. Was up at 2 am yesterday to take him for kidney surgery (2 large stones) but they weren't able to get through to do anything so put in a stent and go back in 2 weeks and then maybe they can do the heart. That and my work has dropped really bad so behind on bills. I put in a bunch of applications last week but scares me as I haven't worked for someone else since 1998. 

I received a wonderful card from tampa doll and a beautiful square from bgs. Thank you both so much for thinking of me. It really brought a smile and was much appreciated. I've been crocheting a lot just not been on here. I guess a bit down from everything but will get through all this with God's help. I hope you all are doing well and enjoying life. Much love. 

Glad to see you back, sending positive energies to you and your family.

Most likely just ate something. Last fall I was regularly seeing a couple at our front step----one 5 or 6 feet long. We think it wintered in a drain for around the foundation. Saw it enough times in the spring that we were thinking it needed to go. Dh was trying to figure out how to catch and relocate it. (He hates to kill things. He was the fireman that pulled a poor black snake off the side of a burning building and let it go in a field) Havent seen it for sometime. Dont know if we are just not out when it is right now but I havent seen any of the skin sheds either. I am hoping the owl got it.

That's sweet, Mr. Tribble the retired police officer has on occasion shot snakes. He dislikes them greatly - lol. I told him that is a terrible thing to do. I don't think he cared... I love any and all animals and bugs with the exception of mosquitos, fleas, ticks, and those types of bugs.

I believe the hibiscus is doing better. It has only one yellow leaf on it now. It is growing new leaves daily. No more blooms though, I guess we will see as the summer progresses.

I hope to finally get a rosebush planted this weekend and the flower bed weeded. I also want to clean our dog run up. Got lots to do so I hope I feel better than last weekend.

I have a couple crafty things I want to work on also so I hope I am also better at time management - lol - I have no time management skills AT ALL!!!

Have a wonderful night all....

Hi Brenda. I just read your posts and I hav sent I. My info to reset me. Maybe tomorrow I will be able to for the first time since I got the new computer to sign on fro. There. Thank you so much for the info. I would never had known otherwise. Goo luck to granny square too!!

Wow Tribble what a large and varied pack you have. We live in our basement (earth contact) but have to go outside to access the attic. Dh does have a small scuttle hole to the attic in the bedroom and a step ladder but I would get wedged. Sounds like your hibiscus was stressed but is coming out of it. New leaves are a good sign. It may take awhile for it to bloom again. My sister had one for several years but its been so long ago that I have forgotten its growing habits. It had really pretty double yellow blooms. Dh even catches the bugs/spiders in the house and puts them outside. I hate ticks fleas etc too. No it doesnt sound silly to worry about how to get your pack to safety in an emergency situation. That will make you better prepared.

A pretty good storm came through this morning. Not so bad here but parts of kc have been without power for 15 hours and lots of tree damage in jessicali's area.

Katy glad I was watching Ravelry so I could point it out. I thought Amy's post was very informative and I encourage all of you to go read it. It explains how to contact her if you are blocked and explains changes they are looking into in order to eliminate members being blocked. Looks like there will be a software change the end of July

http://www.ravelry.com/discuss/crochetville/3453020/26-50#29

Good Morning Everyone.

Katy glad to hear some good news for a change.  Hopefully you will be able to use that new computer.

Let me just say, my good thoughts and prayers go out to the families of the Police Officers both hurt and killed.  What a tragedy.

8AM and it is 87 degrees already.  May get a heat index (feels like) around 110.

Got my yarn yesterday and hope to get to it today.

Ok, my last fur baby is sitting on my mantel . 

Good morning to everyone! I am off to getting chores done while the temp is tolerable. It is beach weather but no time nor desire to get stuff together and go.

Your new LG units sound awesome, Tampadoll! Isn't it funny how new items/ appliances make annoying chores seem more fun ...

I remember how thrilled I was to vacuum when my hubby got me a new Vacuum cleaner. Of course, the novelty wore off quickly for me.-haha

Welcome back, Sopo!

Good Morning!

Your washing machine stories made me laugh this morning. I slept in until 7 this morning. So far I've changed the litter in the cat box, paid bills, and packed a bag to go to my daughter's house sometime today. I need to get to the post office today, I have June puffys finally ready to go :lol

I would also like to go to hobby lobby, I'll see if my daughter wants to go with me. I will be spending tomorrow with my granddaughter since my daughter is sheduled to work and my son-in-law still needs some moral support to take care of the baby. I guess thats enough rambling for now, have a great day everyone.

Archived