2014 Stashbusting CAL

greyhoundgrandma

I used up one...but there was this trip to Hobby Lobby.... I think it was 10 skeins..I will have to count.

So that makes me -18 for this week

shoot...then I ended up at Ben Franklin.  Well I did do a ball so that is -17...but Ben Franklin nette another 9 for -18...edit..use up a ball...Total 

WTD -34

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nothing for me this week.  The teenagers switched rooms and we've been cleaning and moving furniture.  How can kids accumulate so much stuff?  At least we threw away, gave away and re-purposed.  Now they have less stuff, more organization and better outlooks.  Still some things to go through, but the majority is finished.  Next stop -- home office -- I think we adults could streamline some too!

For week ending Aug. 9, 2014:

WTD:  O

What's the expression?  I'm just a girl who can't say no... :devil

I used up one skein, which was great, but THEN...I'm working on a cowl, for which I had been using stash, but I needed more yarn and I didn't have the right yarn in my stash to go with the other yarn for the project, so a friend and I made a run to Michaels (Fun fact:  did you know they start announcing closing time 15 minutes before 9:00 p.m., like it's the beer aisle at Stop & Shop getting ready to close?  We died laughing.).

Also, sadly, a friend lost her mother recently.  I was consoling her, asking if she needed anything.  She replied, "Well, actually..." and then she whipped out two large bags of yarn they had found in her mother's house.

So... Stashbuster Total: WTD -16 YTD -118

Gold Medal! - Shannart +10

Silver Medal! - Ellie 13 +7

Tie for Braonze Medal!

- Braxxi  +4

- Shining_Star +4

Bailey4 +3

crabby rat +3

howieann +3

greyhoundgrandma +2

pliefeld +1

BigPinkPolkaDot +0

SamT87 +0

VikingRunnerGirl +0

PBLKNP -16

randib82 -29

FrLopLady -34

Shoot the Moon! - CLLinda -39

Nice job on the scorekeeping.  I will be doing the scores next week.  But I do have a lot of new yarn to play in!

I finished my Stitch-cation Challenge afghan:cheer . I used a skein (+ 2) and some of a pounder (not enough to roll down though). I started a teddy bear and rolled a skein down (+ 1). Today I went clothes shopping with my mom to get shoes and an outfit for my niece's wedding. We also went to Jo-Ann Fabrics, A.C. Moore and Michales. I was good, I only bought 2 skeins of  :yarn (- 4) and eyes I need for 3 teddy bears I have to get done by Thurs. I should finish 1 tonight and maybe start another one. Tomorrow my dad will take pictures of my afghan to e-mail into the Stitch-cation Challenge. The rules said a minimum of 8 colors had to be used. They wanted you to experiment with color, well I "experimented" with 19 colors :D . They'll go crazy trying to count them all :lol . I used lots of stash the in last month, but I'm starting this week in the negitives :( . I hope to use a skein or more before Sat.

WTD: - 1  YTD: + 94

Ellie 13

I finished a cat except for some of the stuffing ( I know I have some more somewhere--just have to find it. It may be easier to buy some more.) and putting the parts together. The pattern doesn't have a tail and I'm not sure I can leave a poor cat without a tail--I'll have to think it over.

I used up two little balls and finished a partial skein....+4.

I finished the afghan for my friend and in the process finished off one skein +2 and rolled another into a ball +1. 

I finished a cat except for some of the stuffing ( I know I have some more somewhere--just have to find it. It may be easier to buy some more.) and putting the parts together. The pattern doesn't have a tail and I'm not sure I can leave a poor cat without a tail--I'll have to think it over.

I used up two little balls and finished a partial skein....+4.

Give the poor little kitty a tail!  :cat 

Archived