2014 Stashbusting CAL

greyhoundgrandma

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lots of stashbusting going on in this group   :ghug  :clap  :clap  :clap

I had a very busy yarn week.  I mailed 11 skeins off to FL to an acquaintance who moved due to husband's job, and she couldn't take her stash along....she gave it away, as she was moving from the middle of the USA! +22

I frogged a hexagon afghan that I am never going to finish and didn't like: Gained 10 balls of yarn of various fall colors!  -10

Used up on assorted projects this week: 5 balls of yarn, 1 Skein, and rolled 6 skeins (from my Stitch-cation afghan) into balls: +13

WTD  +25

YTD   +896

You guys ROCK!!!  :tup  :h5

I finished up a Spiderman round ripple (and used up a skein in the process) so I have a birthday present done for my god daughter.  It was supposed to be a gift for when she was born... so in all actuality I'm way far behind.  Since I've decided it is now a birthday present (and it's only going to be her first birthday - I mean, it's not like she's graduating from high school or anything yet... :rofl ) I'm way ahead!!  :lol

I also finished up another skein on a round ripple I'm making for my god daughters' parents.  It was supposed to be a wedding gift.  They celebrated their first anniversary a couple of months ago... so I'm hoping to get it finished in the next week or two (just keep hooking, just keep hooking!) and then I can count it as a Christmas gift that is done way early...  :tup

All in all, 2 skeins used this week... I was hoping to finish off another partial skein tonight, but it ain't gonna happen - I'm too tired.   :yawn

Week ending 8/2

+4

Have a fantastic Sunday everyone!!  :hug

GOLD: FrLopLady +66

SILVER: Shannart +25

BRONZE: Ihasaapsolady +20

Crocheting along steadily...

Bailey4 +11

Randib82 +11

Pliefeld +8

Ellie 13 +5

Shining_Star +4

Crabby Rat +4

Howieann +2

BigPinkPolkaDot +2

Samt87 +1

In the shops...

Greyhoundgrandma -4

SHOOT THE MOON!!!

Treetybird87 -11

Well done everyone!!

Oh dear STM again! 

I am unfortuanately away next weekend, I can still post the scores but they may be a little bit later on the Sunday than usual, when I get home in the afternoon (UK time) so should still be morning for a lot of you guys in the US :) 

I hope that doesn't cause any trouble?

xxx

Thanks for posting the scores, SamT87! Lots of yarn used up this week!

treetybird87, posting when you return is fine. If you run into a problem, just let me know and I'll be glad to do them.

Well, I'm late. I actually have treetybird87 beat. I will post next week if you want.

WTD -46

YTD -132

I got more RH Reflective yarn today--making hats for Christmas, plus a couple of scarves and two greyhound snoods. I'm glad these work up quickly!   -8

Finished off one skein....-6.

And another....-4.

The Market Basket boycott is not going well (post #1547). All part timers were laid off, so I'm now unemployed (might be temporary). I now have more time to   :crocheting , but won't be able to buy more :yarn   :goodorbad  .  I hope everything gets back to normal by next week. I'll have to sign up for unemployment and start looking for another job (just in case).  I liked my job  :sigh .
I got all my squares for the Stitch-cation Challenge done and :crocheting together. I used 3 balls and rolled down 2 skeins (+ 7) :cheer . I'll try to get the border done this weekend. I'll visit my parents and have my dad take a really good photo for the contest. I have to get some more brown :yarn for some teddy bears I have to make (maybe I can "borrow" some from my mom :lol ).

WTD: + 7  YTD: + 95
Ellie 13

P.S. What's up with the font size :think ? It was on 14 and it seemed so tiny, so I put it on 18 and it's still really tiny.

P.S. What's up with the font size :think ? It was on 14 and it seemed so tiny, so I put it on 18 and it's still really tiny.

Your post came though with large print on my computer. Is everything on crochetville small? Maybe you need to increase it on your computer: CTRL and + or - to make it larger or smaller.

Well, I'm late. I actually have treetybird87 beat. I will post next week if you want.

WTD -46

YTD -132

Hi Braxxi!

Thanks for the offer :) that would be great if you could.  Saves me from being worried that I haven't gotten it done in time anyway! 

x

Posting early.  Not only did my yarn order come in from Paradise Fibers, but my knitting group had free yarn. 

WTD=-39!

I haven't had a score like that in a long time!  I am sure hoping that other people went shopping this week!

Well I finished my step blanket and used up or gave back the 15 balls of yarn I picked up a few weeks ago, however, I could not resist the 25% off coupon from Joanne's. I picked up 7 skeins.  At least I am the positive side.

WTD = +1 

YTD = -20

Archived