2014 Stashbusting CAL

greyhoundgrandma

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I made some more Christmas stockings, I now have 15, 11 regular size and 4 baby size. I used 1 skein, 2 balls and rolled 2 skeins down (+6) :cheer  . I started c2c in the box stitch with baby  :yarn (50 gram) and an F hook. It's slow going, not even 1/2 way done. I used 1 skein and rolled 1 down (+3). it's a good thing I have 7 skeins, I'll need at least 4 skeins to get a 36" X 36" square.

Good news! The Market Basket boycott is over! We got called back, so I worked Thurs. and Fri. I'll have a regular schedule next week :yay . I won't have as much time to   :crocheting, but I'll have $$ for more :yarn  :lol .

WTD: + 9   YTD: + 118

Ellie 13

I'm still holding steady, as I didn't use up a skein, but I didn't buy anything either, so:

WTD = 0

YTD = -118

I hope to be able to use up my skein this week! Also, I may have a taker for some of my yarn that I know I'm never going to use.

Tamed a knotted skein and rolled it into a ball.  Not much crochet time.  Son is going to be cyber-schooled this year and have been trying to get his summer school courses, tests, grades and transcripts finished and together, and all the set-up and orientations done.  Now I have to concentrate on getting my first lessons done for my own students.  At least my first class isn't until three weeks.  I have gifts that need finished too....  Oh well, life's busy for everybody.

For week ending Aug. 30, 2014:

WTD:  +1  /  YTD:  -95

GOLD MEDAL! ~~ Braxxi  +112

SILVER MEDAL! ~~ greyhoundgrandma +13

BRONZE MEDAL! ~~ SamT87 +10

Ellie 13 +9

Shannart +9

CLLinda +6

treetybird87 +6

Addicted2patterns +1

BigPinkPolkaDot +1

Shining_Star +1

PBLKNP +0

SHOOT THE MOON! ~~ randib82  -12

I just remembered I did not post my scores yesterday.  So sorry for that but since they will not change the outcome of the weekly scores already posted, I will give mine for this week ending 8/30/2014.

WTD: 0  YTD: +2

YTD Scores for August:

Gold Medal Winner--Shannart +932

Silver Medal Winner--Shining_Star +129

Bronze Medal Winner-- Ellie 13 +118

treetybird87 +62

CLLinda +47

SamT87 +17

tnkycrochet +2

greyhoundgrandma -9

Addicted2patterns -26

randib82 -40

BigPinkPolkadot -95

PBLKNP -118

August Shoot the Moon Winner: Braxxi -254

Well, my family just left to drive back home. Just before they left my mom remembered that my grandmother had sent harm with her for me and it was in their trunk. 3 large trash bags full of yarn and according to mom that was only half of what she actually had for me.

Go shopping people!!!

I haven't had a chance to count it up, but it looks like my wonderful YRS score is going to be wiped out!!! I will count it up and post back later....

Got to dig through just now. Lots of purples, pinks and greens. I love to work with those colors so I'm a happy camper. There were 51 full skeins (including 2 pounders) and 7 balls. Plus I bought 2 skeins for a scarf yesterday. Sitting at -113 for the week so far. I know I am only going to get a couple used up this week. Oh boy!!!!! :-)

I just realized I never posted my score!  And today is Monday, so I'm two days late!  :rofl

I didn't have a score anyway, so it doesn't really matter.  I am enjoying seeing everyone else's progress... the weather has been so hot & sticky here the last few days it's been impossible to even consider holding yarn.  I'm not complaining, though, because this is the first real heat we've had all summer and it's already September.  LOL

Anyway, school starts here tomorrow and hopefully by the end of this week I'll have my head screwed back on straight... 

That sounds like our weather, Melani. It didn't get above 95 until the last half of August, but everyone is ready for the fall cooling off after a few weeks of 105 heat index weather!

I ordered 7 skeins of yarn. They are coming from two companies, but I don't expect either until next week. So much for congratulating myself that I was almost back to 0 for the year. I hope to have a fair amount of crocheting time this weekend and will work on an afghan, so hopefully I can offset it some.

Sunday I used one ball and rolled one ball +2. Yesterday my friend came over with 4 skeins and requested a drop in the pond afghan and I got another skein in the mail that I ordered to finish a fall wreath -10. 

Went to town yesterday for a dr's appt and ended up going to Hobby Lobby. I got 4 skeins (-8) of holiday yarn and my sister picked out 2 skeins (-4) of yarn she thought was pretty. She informed me she'll figure out later what she wants me to make for her with them. lol

Posting now.  Busy night ahead, with a cookout at the church. 

WTD=+2

I'm going to start and really try to use up stash for the rest of the year. 

Archived