2014 Stashbusting CAL

greyhoundgrandma

After more cleaning out, I found 2 old skeins called Excellence by Nomis in winter white plus 2 balls and a 1/2 skein of green. I rolled the 1/2 skein down (+1) then made 3 more stockings. Used 2 balls, a skein, rolled a skein down (+5). I sold a Christmas stocking so now I have 10. I have enough winter white, red, green and Christmas :yarn for maybe 3 more stockings. Mom gave me a skein of RH SS Monet (-2). With 3 skeins of Monet left from a bunch of   :yarn I got last year, I could make a baby (toddler :think) size c2c.

WTD: + 11  YTD: + 109

Ellie 13

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's looking to be a wonderful day--yeah, right! The downstairs ac is not working and it's supposed to be 98 with a heat index of 106 today and tomorrow. DH is going to look at it, but I'm afraid it isn't going to be an easy fix. The good news is the upstairs has a separate unit, so it looks like I'll be spending most of the day upstairs--hopefully crocheting!

I'm working on a project using multiple colors, so I don't expect it finish any more skeins today....

WTD +3

I was closer to the end of a skein than I realized and finished it off. We were lucky enough to get the ac guy out today and he fixed it, so we are cool again, too.

WTD +5

Holy Moley people - it's already Saturday!!!  :rofl

I used up no yarn this week.  Well, that's not entirely true.  I did make a green hexagon in preparation for a flower that I put over it (kind of looks like leaves under it if you squint and tilt your head "just so" while looking at it) but that was it...

So my score is a GREAT BIG WHOPPING.....

DRUM ROLL, PLEASE...

WTD 0 - week ending 8/23/14

Stashbusting Scores for Week Ending Aug. 23, 2014

Gold  FrLopLady     +152

Silver  Ellie 13     +11

Bronze  CLLinda     +9

Fingers Flying

Shining__Star     +7

greyhoundgrandma     +5

Addicted2patterns     +2

howieann     +2

Holding Steady

BigPinkPolkaDot    

crabby rat    

PBLKNP    

tnkycrochetnut    

Stocking Up

randib82     -18

Checking Out the Storage Capacity of the Moon....

Today's Shoot the Moon Winner....

Braxxi !!!     -238 !!!!!

I'm starting the week out right.  Gave away 5 skeins to a friend of mine today, so I'm already +10 and it's only Sunday.  I do have my eye on some yarn at Paradise Fibers, but you just never know how the week will turn out.

Crazy week, didn't get a chance to post, but only worked out a +1.  Went to my first CGOA meeting today and was amazed I sat in a yarn store for 2 hours and bought NOTHING!!!  DH was very proud of me. :yes

I have had a horrible ear infection all week. Today was the first day that I so much as put yarn to hook. Got 7 skeins of yarn today (-14) for a baby blanky for an expectant friend and got 2 of the skeins rolled into balls (+2). 

Archived