2013 Stashbusting CAL

tnkycrochetnut

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After I am done w/ this afghan (which should hopefully today) I am going to be starting 2 different types of afghans a corner to corner & a wedding ring quilt!

I have started a corner to corner throw. I have used up a 2 balls and a skein on it since Sunday. +4

I am loving the corner to corner pattern. It is working up quick. I used up another skein on it tonight. +6 for the week so far. This weekend is supposed to be extremely cold windy and downright miserable outside so I think I am going to veg out and crochet all day tomorrow. Hopefully I will have more to add to that score.

I started a round ripple this week for a baby that's due to arrive on Thanksgiving.  Who knows if she'll show up then or what she'll decide to do!  LOL  I haven't used enough to count yet.  But, I also haven't purchased anything... however, I do have a JoAnn's gift card that's calling my name, especially since they have free shipping and no minimum until Wednesday... plus some dollars off depending on how much you spend, plus a 40% off one item coupon... and their yarn is on sale... but I've been so careful all year and haven't purchased or been gifted any yarn ALL YEAR and I was hoping to continue that trend... decision decisions... I do need some yarn, too - which is making it even harder to decide.  LOL  Okay, I admit - I'll probably end up buying some yarn.  

Anyway... here's my score -

WTD +0 / YTD +108 week ending 11/23/2013

Have a Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!   :tdance  :ttalk

hmmm...I wonder where I will be in the totals today... :devil   I think it's time to walk away from ebay for a little while.......it's dangerous to my stashbusting score.  I have more yarn coming probably tomorrow so I am going to go ahead and claim it now....so my ebay siip for the week ending November 23 is 26 skiens......so that's a -52  I have also been stitching quite a bit this week working on a few projects.  working on a blanket for project linue  used up 2 skeins so far  so that's a +4,  used up 2 balls on dh's afghan...the monster is over six feet now, I really need to post some pics.  +2, and added two more skeins to my sweater. +4 so my totals are.....

WTD:-42 

I think it's time to walk away from ebay for a little while.......it's dangerous to my stashbusting score. 

I've managed to stay away from ebay's yarn for the most part. Unless I was looking for a specific brand and color, it always seemed like there was so much to look through that I was just overwhelmed. My weakness is sale yarn--in the store or on line. I really should avoid store emails.

Okay...here we go!

For the week ending 11/23/2013!

Gold Medal =     Braxxi  +18

Silver Medal =    Shining_Star  +12 

Bronze Medal = pineknott  +10 

Busting that stash!

BigPinkPolkaDot  +2 

PBLKNP  +2 

Holding Steady!

crabby rat  +0 

crochetlady2012  +0

greyhoundgrandma  +0 

VikingRunnerGirl  +0 

Oops, I did it again...

Addicted2patterns  -4

And finally...drum roll...

Shoot the Moon!   mva5493   -42 

Congrats to all Stashbusters and Stash-relapsers!

I've managed to stay away from ebay's yarn for the most part. Unless I was looking for a specific brand and color, it always seemed like there was so much to look through that I was just overwhelmed. My weakness is sale yarn--in the store or on line. I really should avoid store emails.

I have a weakness for sale yarn as well.  But I find it is easier to control sale yarn (talking about actual stores, not websites)  I don't buy if I just stay out of the stores, lol  online however I am weak......I think ebay is at the top of my list because I have found so many deals and it was the first place I started buying online.  I have also found that I like craftsy, alpaca direct, patternworks, and jimmy beans wool   Bottom line I have a yarn addiction, that I try to tame a lit bit from time to time. although  this thread has opened my eyes just how much lol. There are much worse things I could buy than yarn so I guess that's why my stash has grown to the size that it is. 

store emails are also a weakness for me....those sales get me every time

I haven't been here since Oct. 12th. I've been having trouble logging on. I'm at my parents now and had no problem, must be the library computers. I did a lot of :crocheting and will add it all together. I used up 17 balls and rolled 5 skeins down (+22) :yay . Someone in my building moved and left a lot of stuff behind. I got 3 big bags of :yarn and knitting books/needles. I spent most of last week sorting it out. There was a lot of 100% wool, which makes me itch (can use 25% or less blends). A friend took the wool, some odd skeins and the knitting books/needles. All the partial skeins/balls went to the senior center. Since it came then went, I'll only count what I kept. I got 3 Skeins Lion Brand Suede, 4 skeins Wool Ease and 2 skeins Peter Pan ( :think  looks old, acrylic/nylon blend). Today my mom gave me 4 skeins RH Monet.Total: - 26 :eek . I better do some more :crocheting tonight and finish some  :yarn  by tomorrow.

I hope everyone had a good Thanks Giving  :tdance.

WTD: - 4  YTD: + 81

Ellie 13

I did some  :crocheting last night, used 2 balls (+2). I'm making 9 X 7 squares for Warm Up America blankets. Michael's craft stores are collecting them for a "joining party" Jan. 25th. I'm going to make as many squares as I can and be there to sew them together. I'll :crocheting on the trip home, but might not be able to post any more :yarn usage until next week.

WTD: - 2   YTD: + 83

Ellie 13

Archived