2013 Stashbusting CAL

tnkycrochetnut

Still hooking over here!  Not as much progress made this week as last, because the balls I was using this week were a bit bigger and I didn't sit and hook as much this week... it's still positive progress, though, and after the months of posting a big fat goose egg as a score, I'll take it!!   :lol  Used a skein and 2 balls...

WTD +4 / YTD +85 week ending 10/19/2013

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Forgot to post again........band quarterfinals last night (my youngest daughter is a tuba player). I did get a little stitch time in betwteen performances. Finished clue one, the collar and one skien of yarn on this sweater +2. Did a little bit mire on the socks but not enough to count, maybe next week....so totals for me

-4 for those two lovely skiens of madeline tosh dk
+7 used 1 skein on the baby afghan i finished, used a skein on dishcloths for mil, used skien on the sweater, rolled ball for

WTD: +3  YTD:-288

Will do totals in just a few.........

For the week ending October 19, 2013

Gold Medal..........  Shining_Star               +28

Silver Medal.......   Prettywoman030981     +11

Bronze..............    Pineknott                       +8

using up yarn:

greyhound grandma                 +4

Crabbyrat                               +4

mva5493                                +3

Holding steady

tnkycrochetnut                         0

bigpinkpolkadot                        0

krazycrocheter                         0

few new skeins:

addicted2patterns                  -4

Just-in                                   -12

Shoot the Moon Winner     Braxxi     -248

Well just used up a skein tonight. At least it will be positive this week as I ordered 5 skeins which will arrive next week. Going to post tonight in case I forget tomorrow. Going to a Halloween party tomorrow night. :0)

WTD: +2 YTD: -181 week of 10/26/13

Well, I haven't been around lately.  A lot happening here.  I'm still crocheting and been keeping track, but I'm just going to add it to my YTD score, because it is a lot. 

This week, I had to purchase some yarn to finish a project.

My WTD score is -6

Whoops!!!  So sorry everyone I just realized this is the last Saturday of the month which means we need to post our YTD scores also.  My mind has been on friends whose first baby was due October 28. Instead Mommy went into labor early Friday October 25 but after an 18 hour labor baby was delivered by c-section a little after midnight on Saturday October 26. A healthy 6 lb. 15 oz and 20.5 inches long baby girl named Emelyn Grace.

My score for week ending October 26 is:

WTD: 0  YTD: -33

NO WAY TNKY!! I have a niece named Emmalyne Grace! It is a lovely name, isn't it? (It might be spelled Emmaline; she's always called Emma so I don't see her full name ... well, ever, really!)

Ahem. Anyway. :) I have been crocheting, for once, but I haven't used anything up. AND I also got a Knitpicks order in today. -26 for the week! It's almost all for a gift afghan, though, which I'm doing in bulky weight with two strands held together, so I'm hoping it will go quickly!

So my scores are... oi.  :blink wtd: -26, ytd: *cringe* -58. Ughhhhh... no way I'm crawling out of that hole before the end of the year, even if I do finish that gift afghan! >_<

found a yarn sale so will be negative this week.  purchased 17 skeins,  did use 2 skeins on a  shawl....so no positive score this week, should be better scores next week lots of projects I am working on are supposed to be done by Halloween......

so  WTD:-30  YTD:-318

I confess there's been some yarn backsliding...I used up one more skein completing my Simple Sweater from Crochet for Dummies (which is a wonderful pattern, by the way).  However, I had to pick up more skeins for a stealth Christmas project, so:

Stashbuster Total: WTD -14 YTD -22

:D  :devil

WTD +24

YTD -716

I'll do scores late tonight or tomorrow morning...busy moving my grandmother today.

Braxxi +24 ~~ Gold Medal!

greyhoundgrandma +11 ~~ Silver Medal!

5-way Tie for Bronze Medal:

Addicted2patterns +2

BigPinkPolkaDot +2
crabby rat +2
Just-in +2

Shining Star +2

krazycrocheter +1

pineknott +0

homesteadingwife -6
prettywoman030981 -8
PBLKNP -14
VikingRunnerGirl -26

mva5493 -30 ~~ Shoot the Moon!

I had a good crocheting weekend. Two more pet beds (started on fourth) used up two skeins and two balls....+6. Glad to get rid of some of those little leftovers and some undesirable skeins.

I'm having a problem getting on crochetville at home and it's driving me crazy! My service provider is looking into the problem and I hope they get it fixed soon. It makes no sense to me that you can get on line and there be one site you can't access.

Archived